UBot Underground

[SELL] UbotLocker Web: Web Based Licensing Solution That Prevents Decompiling And Cracking

Hi meter,

I have plan to buy your ubotlocker in the coming week but before please update your pdf file when integrating with paypal coz I didn't see any "My Selling Tools" under profile menu.

thanks bro..

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

UPDATE: Hello all, After many years I am stepping down from maintaining Ubotlocker. I will no longer be selling Ubotlocker, and will stop providing support. After consulting with both T

Meter I wanted to pass on a very big thank you for the licensing system! I can honestly say that your software has made me very profitable. I've written and distributed bots before but I was always fi

Attached is source code to License.dll, which handles entering of licenses and updates. You need Visual C# Express 2010 to edit and compile it, and ILMerge to merge the exe and DLL produced by compila

Posted Images

Hello

I have a special usecase in mind for meters licensing system. But I don't want to hijack the sales topic, so I created a new one:

http://www.ubotstudio.com/forum/index.php?/topic/17537-licensing-system-meter-idea-discussion/

If you are an active user of the system, I would appreciate your comments.

Thanks

Dan

Hi meter,

I have plan to buy your ubotlocker in the coming week but before please update your pdf file when integrating with paypal coz I didn't see any "My Selling Tools" under profile menu.

thanks bro..

Hi Monovski,

Paypal only updated their home page. All other pages are the same. You can find selling tools on bottom left.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/47714945/paypal_selling_tools.jpg

-meter

Hi meter

Some of the projects I'm working on require "support files" and the built in installer feature in ubot is .. well easy to use to include these files. 

Can I still use the installer with your locker?

Hi dyvel,

You should be able to use any installer with UbotLocker. As long as you bundle all protected files together UbotLocker will work. That being said I have never tested with Ubot installer.

-meter

Hey TJ,

It means that PHP isn't being executed in the scripts; it's displaying the PHP scripts as text instead. Best make sure Apache is set up correctly and executing PHP scripts correctly.

-meter

Hi meter

I'm back with a question :-D 

In your PDF you show the need to distribute the locked.exe and 2 dll files UbotLocker.dll and license.dll - the first is a clear "giveaway" what the system is built on. Anyway to rename it? Also, can we hide the files in e.g. appdata folder using an installer?

I would want a simple solution for my customers - they shouldn't see any dll files - just install and run :-)

Hi dyvel,

In newest versions of UbotLocker, the dll has been renamed to 'Locker.dll'. And yes you can install in AppData so that users don't see the exe or DLLs.

-meter

Hi dyvel,

In newest versions of UbotLocker, the dll has been renamed to 'Locker.dll'. And yes you can install in AppData so that users don't see the exe or DLLs.

-meter

how do you ell if you have the latest version ?

Hi guys,

Like Dan said if you have Locker.dll, you have latest version. No major changes have been done since then, only bug fixes for individuals that don't affect most of my customers.

-meter

You need a way to protect your property

Sounds Good, How Do I Pay?

Just send via Paypal ($100) $79 SEND PM FOR PAYPAL EMAIL, and send me a PM via the forums. I will reply with your personalized copy of UbotLocker :)

Sent you a pm with payment details - not sure you got it.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by LoWrIdErTJ - BotGuru

Ok, now I surprised myself with thisone...

I am using JvZoo. IPN and all works.

But now, I want to offer my product as a one-off purchase. The buyer gets a license to use indefinitely but to update for one year only.

How do I do that?

Obviously, I cannot set the product as recurring in JVZoo. So, how can I instruct the license to stop updating after a year without having to go in and revoke it manually?

Shouldn't there be a setting that allows me to turns off the license after a default number of days in absence of IPNs?

Thanks

Urs

Hi ewideweb,

When creating the project, there is this option:

When subscription for this project expires, only disable updates, don't disable license

I think that might be what you are looking for :)

-meter

Hi meter

I'm afraid the problem lies a bit deeper. I'm aware of this "only disable updates" feature and am using it.

The license server stops validity of the license (which either triggers "disable updates" or "disable license" after it receives notification by IPN. Correct?

But if there is no IPN  from PayPal, the license remains active indefinitely. Correct?

The problem with buying a product with a one-off purchase is that there is no end of term IPN. I cannot instruct PayPal to issue a stop validity IPN after a certain period of time.

That I can only do with a recurring payment scheme where I use a subscription payment with PayPal.

But since I sell my product with

- lifetime validity

- 1 year updates included

as a one off purchase, there is no IPN that gets sent after one year. And still the product needs to stop updating after one year.

My suggestion was to

- add a field that sets the default duration for a product at the project level. If set, the expiry date is set for each license

- add an expiry date for the product on the license level, which can be edited by the admin.

When the license reaches this expiry date, it should then trigger the end of life action (either license not valid anymore or license does not update anymore)

In other words, I need to be able to tell the license until when it is to be valid so I don't have to rely on an external IPN that will not happen in a one-off purchase.

I hope I explained this more clearly now.

Thanks

Urs

Hi Urs,

In Paypal subscriptions, you have the option to have a purchase price of lets say $50, and then a yearly subscription of $5/year. If the user's $5/year subscription expires, he won't get anymore updates, but he will still have his license be valid. Does this work for you?

-meter

In my marketing, I make the distinction between a subscription model and an outright purchase. The subscription model works fine. It is the outright purchase where I don't receive an end of life IPN from PayPal.

The buyer of the outright purchase does not want to see a subscription contract in PayPal which he would have to cancel in order not to pay future rebillings. I want to give him the choice whether to buy updates in the future. Therefore, I can't use the PayPal subscription payment for that type of sale.

And that is why I need to set the expiration date on the license level.

But additionally, I need to set the default duration of the license on the project level, so that your script can automatically set the expiration date on the license level for each individual user depending on when he purchased that license.

Do you think you could add these two fields and the mechanics to make that work?

Hey meter, Please check my suggestions here http://www.ubotstudio.com/forum/index.php?/topic/17537-licensing-system-meter-idea-discussion/&do=findComment&comment=107637 while you are working on an update...

I really hope you consider these.

Thanks!