UBot Underground

[SELL] UbotLocker Web: Web Based Licensing Solution That Prevents Decompiling And Cracking

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

UPDATE: Hello all, After many years I am stepping down from maintaining Ubotlocker. I will no longer be selling Ubotlocker, and will stop providing support. After consulting with both T

Meter I wanted to pass on a very big thank you for the licensing system! I can honestly say that your software has made me very profitable. I've written and distributed bots before but I was always fi

Attached is source code to License.dll, which handles entering of licenses and updates. You need Visual C# Express 2010 to edit and compile it, and ILMerge to merge the exe and DLL produced by compila

Posted Images

Package sent, thank you for your business :)

-meter

Thanks for fast response and this is must have soft for mu future bots :) even im still newbie to ubot and still have a lot to learn but for now i want to have almost every plugin and soft for ubot and then i can test my limits :)

Someone is generous enough to share the instructions how to setup cron jobs for trial versions (e.g. 3 days) for free here?

Does anyone know how to implement a trial version functionality on this (e.g. with cron jobs) and is ready to share the solution here for free? 

Does anyone know how to implement a trial version functionality on this (e.g. with cron jobs) and is ready to share the solution here for free? 

For everyone that keeps asking for trials here is what I did.

Have one uBotLocker install for your paid customers. Its own SQL its own folder. Then make a second install of uBotLocker. A different base folder and a different SQL database. Now what you do is add your trial users to the trial license server and then make a simple cron job that just deletes the license after your trail period. So my server issues licenses to the trail database, gives them 24 hours and then deletes the license. 

Since the license is now deleted as soon as the bot checks the license server and sees there is no license they can't use it anymore. If they become paid customers you send them to the paid database.

It does require two versions of your program and two full uBotLocker installs but it works just fine. My trial has limited access to some of the main features anyway so it was easy enough to have 2 different compiled bots and 2 different license databases.

Hey Meter, how hard would it be to integrate an autoresponder signup form at the end of a purchase cycle with jvzoo? I think it may be just a matter of adding in the form code that closely matches the signup through an autoresponder form but I'm not sure.

Frank

Hi Frank,

I'm sorry, but I don't know anything about JVZoo purchase cycles =/ I only used JVZoo to test that my IPN code works with them, and have never sold anything there.

-meter

PRO, on 14 Jan 2016 - 7:41 PM, said:snapback.png

BeerNut, on 06 Dec 2015 - 4:54 PM, said:snapback.png

For everyone that keeps asking for trials here is what I did.

Have one uBotLocker install for your paid customers. Its own SQL its own folder. Then make a second install of uBotLocker. A different base folder and a different SQL database. Now what you do is add your trial users to the trial license server and then make a simple cron job that just deletes the license after your trail period. So my server issues licenses to the trail database, gives them 24 hours and then deletes the license. 

Since the license is now deleted as soon as the bot checks the license server and sees there is no license they can't use it anymore. If they become paid customers you send them to the paid database.

It does require two versions of your program and two full uBotLocker installs but it works just fine. My trial has limited access to some of the main features anyway so it was easy enough to have 2 different compiled bots and 2 different license databases.

Hi sunny9495,

I have already PMed this guy but till now no reply. Can you or someone share some specifics on how to implement this?

Some code examples (PHP and Cron) would be highly helpful for this.

Thanks

Hey Meter, hate to tell you but Kapesky and McAfee hate the license.dll file. It's getting deleted even before it gets unpacked into a directory. May have to submit it to antivirus companies to get it ignored.

Frank

Hey Frank,

This is a big problem that has been problematic for years. Sadly there is not much I can do about it beyond recommending you sign License.dll with a certificate you buy. Sadly those certificates are sold by the antivirus companies, and cost $1000+ / year....

-meter

Hello have looked into this before (couple of years back) and would love to sign with certificate...

It seemed that when I was looking the price was per certificate.

But I would love to get own certificate if could use one certificate to sign all of my products, but can not justify price if per product.

Do you know much about this meter?!

Or if anyone has?

Also worth noting that from research it needs to be Symantec certificate....

Also is a way to spoof the Windows certificate, but this is a method I do not wish to do...

But yes have always had issues with antivirus, there are methods to not be falsely detected, but would rather be genuinely signed rather than trying to bypass detection ;)

Lol yes this is true, but is worth playing there game and having software secure for the customers.

For example SSL sells more products for me even though it provides little benefit for my customers as I use a payment gateway!

But anything I can do for customer satisfaction I try to do ;)

Will hopefully get a certificate this year and let you all know how it goes ;)

Hoping can have one certificate and multiple products...

Failing that I had thought of signing just an installer, and have the installer install other tools.

This way can use one product to install all other products ;)

Interesting idea, tell me what you find.

Frank

Will hopefully get a certificate this year and let you all know how it goes ;)
Hoping can have one certificate and multiple products...
Failing that I had thought of signing just an installer, and have the installer install other tools.
This way can use one product to install all other products ;)

I wanted to jump in on this one if i may, .. 

I will be starting a new venture in the coming weeks and was concerned about this, Ive browsed around the big G and did find a ton of intersting info and all that, 

but my question is does it matter where a certificate is purchased from ?

Only reason im asking this is because i found a load of companies while searching, and actually a lot of companies that I wouldnt have expected to sell them, ...

prices varied quite a lot and I indeed saw the ones at Symantec as UBOTEM menioned, 

also this is a good idea, something on my to do list I never got around to, would be interested to see how it goes :

signing just an installer, and have the installer install other tools.
This way can use one product to install all other products

CJ

Yes as far as research so far.... We need Symantec or will not be trusted....

Also think some other vendors are just selling same...

Am doing more research now, and may look at getting a cert this month or next, and have a play ;)

Still unsure if can use one cert for multiple products...

Seems cost is $500 per year, which is reasonable I think ;)

Yes as far as research so far.... We need Symantec or will not be trusted....

Also think some other vendors are just selling same...

Am doing more research now, and may look at getting a cert this month or next, and have a play ;)

Still unsure if can use one cert for multiple products...

Seems cost is $500 per year, which is reasonable I think ;)

Cool, keep us updated :)

and yes i guess $500 is pretty reasonable, and would be nice to display a badge stating it for potential buyers to see :)

CJ

Think also is good when they run our software, showing a trusted developer....

I may need to create a new company though ;(

As my software site is not same as my current company!!

And want developer name as my website!!!

Will defiantly keep you all posted.

This was something I wanted to do two years ago, but never did ;/

Will be 4th company.... Yawn!!

Glad I have accountants ;)

Hey Meter is there any way to have the licensing software to throw up a splash screen initially so the user has something in their face when they click the exe button? I've finding that my program can easy take 10 secs or more to load and yes, for users that 10 secs is an eternity and they click the exe like 10 times in the time span it takes for the program to load?

Frank

Hey Meter is there any way to have the licensing software to throw up a splash screen initially so the user has something in their face when they click the exe button? I've finding that my program can easy take 10 secs or more to load and yes, for users that 10 secs is an eternity and they click the exe like 10 times in the time span it takes for the program to load?

Frank

Hi Frank,

Bot shouldn't need 10 seconds to start up =/ Like kev said, you can mod License.dll to add a splash screen if you want, but I'm not sure this is something that can easily be done...

-meter

Just wanted to let every one know i just pick this up, & wanted to thank meter for a truly wonderful product here... Great Job my friend, very happy customer... had no problem setting this up at all... cheers... Just want I was needed in a bad way to start making money with ubot...