UBot Underground

[SELL] UbotLocker Web: Web Based Licensing Solution That Prevents Decompiling And Cracking

sounds like a firewall is blocking the ubot file download. What AV are they using

on my win 10 test installation it is windows firewall and defender and as mentioned, the firewall is wide open for the bot. I even tried after deactivating the firewall alltogether. same result.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

UPDATE: Hello all, After many years I am stepping down from maintaining Ubotlocker. I will no longer be selling Ubotlocker, and will stop providing support. After consulting with both T

Meter I wanted to pass on a very big thank you for the licensing system! I can honestly say that your software has made me very profitable. I've written and distributed bots before but I was always fi

Attached is source code to License.dll, which handles entering of licenses and updates. You need Visual C# Express 2010 to edit and compile it, and ILMerge to merge the exe and DLL produced by compila

Posted Images

Try this "create an exception in win 10 firewall "

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/communicate-through-windows-firewall#1TC=windows-7

says 7 but its for 10

you may also have to do the same for browser.exe located in Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\UBot Studio\Browser\UBOT VERSION

Try this "create an exception in win 10 firewall "

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/communicate-through-windows-firewall#1TC=windows-7

says 7 but its for 10

you may also have to do the same for browser.exe located in Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\UBot Studio\Browser\UBOT VERSION

Thanks for your input Rich, but as I mentioned, I had already opened the firewall for the bot and even turned off the windows firewall alltoghether (and there is no other active on the machine). And, yes, I also opened the windows firewall for the browser in AppData\Roaming

Can anybody confirm that compiled ubots protected by ubotlocker positively work on win 10?

Edited by ewideweb

anybody use ubotlocker-locked bots on a windows 10 installation?

Yep, no problems at my end on Win 10,

although some of my customers do have problems on :

Win XP (because they cant install .NET 4.5)

Win 7 "64bit" - reason unknown

Win Server 2003 - reason unknown

Meter, do you think there is a way to have the licensing software not allow a program to start if they change the name of the exe file? I want to limit execution to one process on one machine and I cannot find a way to stop a process from starting if the name is changed. That way they can get around some of my limitations by making three files with different names and running all three. And the software doesn't bulk.

Frank

Hi Frank,

I have started implementing a feature for this using named mutexes, but got stuck with problems on some versions of Windows. I will continue work once I figure out what's wrong.

-meter

what issue did you have meter this is what I do in a .net project and seems to work

bool createdNew = true;
            using (Mutex mutex = new Mutex(true, "softname555b9866588", out createdNew))
            {
                if (createdNew)
                {

Mutex is not found on some machines, despite it existing in another process. My theory is that if you're not running as admin, Windows doesn't let you see named mutexes belonging to another process in Windows 8 and Windows 10.

I'm not sure though, could be a problem on my end.

-meter

Added a software to start up on vps server.

Was no problem adding it.  However why does it ask for license when the server reboots stead of opening it?

Have already licensed them

http://content.screencast.com/users/lowridertj/folders/Snagit/media/a3d4f5d2-4c21-44b8-ab61-481261ed47e0/10.16.2015-22.png

Added a software to start up on vps server.

Was no problem adding it.  However why does it ask for license when the server reboots stead of opening it?

Have already licensed them

http://content.screencast.com/users/lowridertj/folders/Snagit/media/a3d4f5d2-4c21-44b8-ab61-481261ed47e0/10.16.2015-22.png

Happens when trigger on scheduler as well.

What i did is make sure it runs as administrator by checking the privilege on the properties of the software.

ended up for now setting up an addition to the license panel for Whitelist server ips, and created a secure call to the license panel to check server ip to the whitelist.  to bad its not working correctly for licenses though on start up or task scheduler.

Hey TJ, I've also had bad luck getting Ubotlocker to work on startup. I don't remember what the problems were, or what I tried to get around it.

Hi kev, thanks that would be appreciated!

-meter

Another feature would be to allow me to include new files or file replacements in the upgrade zip. I normally store support files in a secondary support files directory to the main program.

Another feature would be to allow me to include new files or file replacements in the upgrade zip. I normally store support files in a secondary support files directory to the main program.

I think you can do this, as i often place many files and folders within my BOTNAME_Update.zip's

for example, I have a few bots that depend on external ".dll" files which i include inside the update archive,

In fact im pretty sure as i always perform a test update on one of my test machines and all files that are updated are replaced, 

(I always check the "modified" date to make sure)

CJ

Thanks for the input CJ, but I'm wondering about files that are one directory deeper. I keep most of my support files in a support_files directory inside the main program directory.

But I think I've found a bug. When I use a license that is already used, it comes up with an error, 'Invalid license. Allowed number of activations has been exceeded.' which is good but there's no easy way to stop that message from coming up and put in a new license.

Now, if there was an option to enter a new license when it failed - that's a different story.

Frank

• Like 1

Thanks for the input CJ, but I'm wondering about files that are one directory deeper. I keep most of my support files in a support_files directory inside the main program directory.

But I think I've found a bug. When I use a license that is already used, it comes up with an error, 'Invalid license. Allowed number of activations has been exceeded.' which is good but there's no easy way to stop that message from coming up and put in a new license.

Now, if there was an option to enter a new license when it failed - that's a different story.

Frank

Perhaps there is an outlying issue mate, 

my last major bot update included files within a folder, .. within a folder (mainly to tidy up the end user folder and categorise the external scripts used in the bot)

and providing the user is running as "Admin" ive only ever had a handful of problems, usually related to Activations, 

However, .. 

I have in excess of 6000 customers and it was getting pretty damn boring having to reset licenses (mainly for customers moving a bot to another PC or VPS)

so I created a page in my website to allow the user to reset it themselves once in a week, 

saved me a BIBLICAL amount of wasted time and effort answering support tickets lol

Sorry i think i strayed of subject a little there :P

But to bring it back, .. maybe it sounds like a "per machine" issue, .. as with most UBot related issues

what works on one machine, will not necessarily work on another, ... a painful and monotonous lesson to learn ;)

Sorry for babbling Frank lol

hope you find a resolution :)

CJ

So like @cүвεя_נυηкιε said, a feature where we can allow user switch to another PC will be nice. @meter: Can u make a script like that too, please? :D

For the time being my work around is to have the customer uninstall and re-install the software I built and packaged with actual installer. I've added a command line in like mentioned here but had it remove the license.lic file on uninstall. That permits the person to clear out the license info and than start fresh. A bit backwards - again, it would be better to provide a button on the error message stating something like 'Enter New License?' and it would automatically clear the license and try again.

Second, I've noticed it takes a good 10 seconds to have the app fire up. Users will click multiple times. Any thoughts there?

Frank

@MMD: PM me about script. I consider them to be insecure, which is why I don't offer them.

@Frank: UbotLocker shouldn't make the app take up to 10 seconds to load up =/

-meter

• Like 1

@mmd, a ability to reset there license can be done to allow them to switch to another pc.  I could write this php script for you.

However this also opens the door for abuse so I would recommend it log the time that they reset and not allow a reset more than 1 time in X amount of time.

• Like 1

@mmd, a ability to reset there license can be done to allow them to switch to another pc.  I could write this php script for you.

However this also opens the door for abuse so I would recommend it log the time that they reset and not allow a reset more than 1 time in X amount of time.

Totally agreed. Once a week should kill most abuse.

F