UBot Underground

Anyone started working on a ubot Plugin Yet ?

Whats up guys !

this ubot plugin thing is absolutly amazing and is a smart move from ubot Dev team , this way every ubot user can create his own plugin , and this will make ubot studio as powerful as it can get !

i have average knowledge on VB.net programming and i'm thinking to make a simple wordpress licensing command along with couple more ideas i've got

So anyone started to work on a plugin already , and if yes , what is it ? :D

I'm not sure how a WP licensing software (awesome as it may be) would qualify as a UBot plugin, though...

A UB plugin should be focused on something closely related to the programming of bots per se, I'd say...

To qualify as a plugin, it should enhance the abilities of UBot, don't you think?

Although I DO strongly believe that it should be amongst the core functions of UBot already, but unfortunately it isn't... a plugin that would help manipulating tables would qualify probably:

Lookup, add/delete rows/columns etc...

What I'm saying is that currently, the manipulation of tables in UBot Studio is very poor.

We need to write time and time again, double loops to scan tables to match a record and find its indexes.

Say I have a table:

0        1

0  fruit     orange

1  fruit     apple

2  fruit     cherry

3  fish      salmon

4  fish      trout

If I want to find WHERE exactly I have the 'cherry', in order to determine its category ('fruit') I need to loop through rows and within the rows I'm looping loop again through columns to find first match and based on the incrementing indexes to deduct it is placed on the cell with ROW = 2 on COL = 1 so I can now look into ROW = 2 but COL = 0 to find that cherry is a fruit.

$table column lookup(&MyTable, 1, "cherry") would return the value 2  << corresponding row

This is a very simplistic and basic example, but you get the gist.

Instead of that, UBot should have a $table RLookup function and a $table CLookup function that would return the ROW, COL of the seeked item, respectively.  No need for anymore double loops, 'cause it would be within UBot's core code.

But it isn't (although I wish it was) so maybe this could qualify at least as a plugin.

The said plugin should have of course, more than this simple LOOKUP function added.

Sometimes we need to insert a column in between two other columns (not at the end) or delete a column, or row for that matter, from between others deep inside the table, etc...

This kind of approach (to have the LOOKUP in the core UBot Studio) would DRAMATICALLY decrease the size of our bots, IMHO.

We are forced to loop and loop and loop again so many times for such simple things...

======

If you need a very good example of such implementation, ask the developer that would write this library, to study the corresponding VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP and LOOKUP functions in Excel or OpenOffice.

And if you want one more idea for a good addition to UBot core functions/commands, a

DO CASE

...would do...  :P

It would spare us endless imbrication IFs to check for multiple logical branches, when a single multi-branching NODE like DO CASE would fix things much easier.

In order to spare myself from writing such endless codes, I had to become creative so I ended up creating external files with lists of conditions that I am looping through and write a single comparison IF inside that loop... BUT that is a workaround (very good after all, but still) and not the real deal...

• Like 1
hey VB aren't you describing mysql lite ?????

that would be better

Pftg4

I'm not saying it wouldn't, but what I'm saying is that UBS lacks some CORE functionality in the realm of logical branching that no other coding platform lacks... that's all.

SQLite implements most of the SQL-92 standard for SQL but it lacks some features. For example it has partial support for triggers, and it can't write to views (however it supports INSTEAD OF triggers that provide this functionality). While it supports complex queries, it still has limited ALTER TABLE support, as it can't modify or delete columns.[9]

---source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SQLite

I'm not sure how a WP licensing software (awesome as it may be) would qualify as a UBot plugin, though...

A UB plugin should be focused on something closely related to the programming of bots per se, I'd say...

To qualify as a plugin, it should enhance the abilities of UBot, don't you think?

i dunno why it shouldn't , it can be used as a basic lisensing system for those that can't afford an expensive alternative !

i don't know why we should just focus on just certain things only (what you just mentioned) , every person have different needs ! not all of us develop the same bots :)

i dunno why it shouldn't , it can be used as a basic lisensing system for those that can't afford an expensive alternative !

i don't know why we should just focus on just certain things only (what you just mentioned) , every person have different needs ! not all of us develop the same bots :)

Like I said, it would be an awesome piece of software.

I don't understand HOW that would qualify as a UB plugin?  It is a SW having to do with WordPress ... a totally different animal, that's all I'm saying.

Like I said, it would be an awesome piece of software.

I don't understand HOW that would qualify as a UB plugin?  It is a SW having to do with WordPress ... a totally different animal, that's all I'm saying.

LOL, no offense but i don't think you andrestood the whole plugin thing !

what i'm going to do , is first develop a plugin that pops in a small window with username and password as parameters , after that you send those parameters to your wp database or site (didn't plan that yet :) ) , if a result came back then make the window disappear , otherwise keep it or close the bot !

thats the idea : i dunno why you though it couldn't be a plugin !

Although I DO strongly believe that it should be amongst the core functions of UBot already, but unfortunately it isn't... a plugin that would help manipulating tables would qualify probably:

Lookup, add/delete rows/columns etc...

Jane (bliss) has a plug in that will do all this coming very shortly.

Whats up guys !

this ubot plugin thing is absolutly amazing and is a smart move from ubot Dev team , this way every ubot user can create his own plugin , and this will make ubot studio as powerful as it can get !

i have average knowledge on VB.net programming and i'm thinking to make a simple wordpress licensing command along with couple more ideas i've got

So anyone started to work on a plugin already , and if yes , what is it ? :D

Why not check it out for ya self.... Its a nice table addon plugin and its just gone live

http://www.ubotstudio.com/forum/index.php?/topic/12583-sell-ubot-table-addon-plugin/

:D

• Like 1
Here is a KISS to BLISS :wub:

:)

At the moment it will delete a row or a column but we have some extras we are going to put in, in the coming weeks to make it even nicer :)  and the update will be free to everyone who purchases it on this version.

Unfortunately the whole reason I use Ubot is because I can't do C# etc and don't have the time to do it so making plugins is well outside my skills! Will have to see what appears in Ubot from other people.

It's a 21 day course to get you introduced to the basics.

Definitely not an advanced course, and I don't think you'll be writing any good programs after 21 days...

I spend too much time uboting to really give it alot of time.