UBot Underground

Was there any truth in the statement from Google that malware was downloaded from this site?

probably not... they would classify a false positive as malware though...

probably not... they would classify a false positive as malware though...

Hopefully not but would like someone from Ubot to say either way. I have had to clean up my PC from a little infestation so before I go and blame my lad I wanted to check that it wasn't something from here.

We scoured everything in several ways and never saw a trace of anything suspicious. The only thing that ever said we had malware was google, and they couldn't give us any information other than saying we had malware. We reinstalled the forum as a precaution, Our best guess is that it was a false positive.

Google should have no control over what happens when you open a site in Firefox... it can control search results and clicking on those search results, but there is no relationship between what Firefox, IE, Safari, etc. does and what Google does... so if Firefox is checking Google's appraisal of your site before opening it, that is an option that can be changed...

Google should have no control over what happens when you open a site in Firefox... it can control search results and clicking on those search results, but there is no relationship between what Firefox, IE, Safari, etc. does and what Google does... so if Firefox is checking Google's appraisal of your site before opening it, that is an option that can be changed...

Like I said before...

Firefox --> Tools --> Options --> Security --> UNTICK: Block reported attack sites