UBot Underground

What are the chances of getting a feature where our bots auto-update themselves?

My thinking is that the bots would be compiled with a location(in which the bot writer would be resposible for maintaining/hosting) to tell the bot what the latest version of that particular script is, and where to download the latest version.

If that script is out of date, the bot should download a downloader, run the downloader, and close itself. The downloader would then overwrite the bot's compile exe and launch the new exe.

The protect66 script does this...

It also comes with a pretty big price tag.

I personally would love to see protection features implemented into Ubot itself.

Probably a pipe dream though :)

It's actually pretty easy to write this into a bot too. Here's the steps...

1. Encode a variable with the version number in your bot.
  2. Have it go to a web page and look for the latest version number there.
  3. If the version number online is higher in value, present a web page to the user that let's them download the latest version.
  4. Be sure to include instructions on how to update on their pc.

Having an auto-update is not a great idea. You can sell a bot like it is, package it with a dozen different packages and every one of them would be different to update.

Actually, if you could find a software packaging software platform, you may be able to find auto-update features right in it.

Frank

It also comes with a pretty big price tag.

I personally would love to see protection features implemented into Ubot itself.

Probably a pipe dream though :)

Protect Gold is worth every penny. The update feature is awesome. I don't know how I would have sold bots without it plus the protection and license system is as good as it gets for ubot.

Protect Gold is worth every penny. The update feature is awesome. I don't know how I would have sold bots without it plus the protection and license system is as good as it gets for ubot.

I'm sure that it's a great product. Wasn't trying to knock the product by any means.

At this point I am only creating bots for my business to automate and scale my operation so it's not really something I need. But with the new update looming, and promise of the awesomium related bugs being worked out. It might be something that I need in the very near future.

I still think it would be awesome to have some kind of protection feature built-in to ubotstudio. At least in the dev version.

It looks like protect gold isnt for sale currently: http://66th.net/prot...d-for-ubot-4-x/ maybe the owner can chime in if they see this and let us know when it will be back.

Andy is currently updating his protectgold system.

TJ is also working on a bot security system with this feature. He said it will be release very soon.

• Like 2

Most of my bots are internal and consist on one person monitoring a PC running 13-15 bots(8 of one, 3 of a second, and 2 of a third, these constanly go up). To get around cookie/cache issues we do not run more than 1 of a single bot type on a user. Thus all the bot installs are spead across 8 different user profiles making even minor updates a less than straigforward process.

All bot input is driven by php controller script feeds however, maybe I can work out something.

Edited by robchroma
  • 2 months later...

As Robchroma said "What are the chances of getting a feature where our bots auto-update themselves?

My thinking is that the bots would be compiled with a location(in which the bot writer would be resposible for maintaining/hosting) to tell the bot what the latest version of that particular script is, and where to download the latest version.

If that script is out of date, the bot should download a downloader, run the downloader, and close itself. The downloader would then overwrite the bot's compile exe and launch the new exe." 

would be an awesome feature.

@Bliss does Bot Guru Secured have this feature?

--- just asked around to clarify and yes it does.

This software is the Sh!t man.  Everything I wanted and more.... I haven't been this excited about a product since ubot itself.  

Thawing the credit card that was on ice...