UBot Underground

Monetizing a FREE Bot?

So I'm building a neat little bot that provides a service I see a lot of people charging for and I plan to give it away for free. However, I'd like to be able to monetize it by delivering offers to its users.

Aaron Nimmocks mentioned a great idea a while back that basically involved setting the bot's finished page to a page on his site that he displayed offers on. Brilliant, but it got me thinking (and wondering) if there are other ways to monetize a free bot that some of you geniuses are employing that I haven't even thought of!

• 2 weeks later...

@buddy how do you get them to like it without logging into their account?

@george I think the best way to monetize a free bot is to require an email opt in to get it. Email marketing is still probably one of the most profitable ways to make money online if you know how to do it right.

Seth, to add a little twist to that.

I've created a bot that sends a daily email report as a service. At the bottom of the email report, I display some ad text that the bot pulls from my server whenever it's run. Nice way to send updated offers every day.

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...

Anything too intrusive will create backlash. A banner in your user interface (many CPA and CPC networks allow hosting their creatives in apps and provide code to do so) and a message of the day at startup with a monitized link or two should be sufficient.

• 4 weeks later...

Charge the advertiser $1/cpm. Give-away the bot to millions of people and earn $millions from cpm ads.

lol, I had to chuckle at this last part.

Let's do some simple math here. You say give it to "millions" and make "millions" at $1 cpm. Let's assume, for the sake of argument, that people only use it once because they get annoyed at having to answer questions about the ads (unless it provides an unbelievable benefit to the users like free blowjobs). Or let's at least assume they're not going to use it 1000 times.

CPM = cost per 1000 impressions. Since you have millions signing up, let's assume it's at least 2 million. If 2 million people sign up and they use the bot once: 2,000,000/1000 = $2000 revenue. If they use it 100 times, then your income is 200,000. They would have to use it 1000 times before your income is "millions".

Sorry, didn't mean to bust your balls. Actually, I wasn't sure if you were serious at all. I just thought I would point this out. Of course, this also assumes some other variables like only one ad popping per session.

• Like 1

@buddy and @seth - I'm assuming that this would have to be a FB bot that logs into their account at some point. It's a good idea and it's got me thinking of some things I could do with something like that.

I've been thinking for some time about the simple email subscribe thingie. If you can mix it the right way, it allows you to build a lukewarm list pretty quickly. Especially if it offers a cool function. But it would definitely have to check first to see if that person has pre-subscribed - that would be interesting to code.

Frank

Here's how I monetised my latest "free bot".

It was technically free, however it was only given to those who purchased a particular web based product through my link. Many did and the beauty of it was that this product is on a monthly recurring so I'm probably going to do better on it than if I sold it as a one off.

I love this thread it gave me some ideas - and one of them I will share with you now :D

Make a bot and give it away - download is 100% free - no opt in or anything required. However, they must opt in to an email list the first time they run the bot - it will take them to a signup page and to continue they must opt in.

Since they have downloaded the bot already they have time invested and I think will be more likely to opt in just to "get it out of the way" - of course you will need to give them some free gifts to keep them happy before pitching anything at them. But in the long run I think it will be a very efficient way to monetize the bot.

Other ideas:

Make them share the page to download the bot first then opt in.

Once they opt in they have the option to post the download page on FB/Twitter

Once they run the bot and finish they then share the bot download page via social media (assuming they get what they want this could be the best way to do it)

• 2 weeks later...

I give away free bots, what I do is I target a niche where theres alot of newbies. All they have to do is sign up to my affiliate network they will be promoting with the help of the bot and I get 5% for life on all their earnings. Basicly I give away the bot for free but I might be making $500+ per year out of each person who signed up and who is making $$$

• Like 1

What about surveys ? I saw some bots shared online for free...

You can download the bot but when you actually want to start it a window pops up saying activation and you need to complete a survey to activate it, it seems like it's a browser embeded in a new window with the survey, then you complete the survey and the bot works fine, can this be done with ubot ?

• 4 weeks later...

This thread got my BlackHat side sparking.

Here is an idea.

Make a bot and on-load make it open an amazon aff link on the default browser and give it away to thousands.

Every time they use your bot your amazon cookie will get dropped on their default browser.

Build something they will love to use at least once a day so you drop the cookie once every 24 hours (24 hours is the time that an amazon link last on any browser) so doing so you ensure that whenever that user goes to amazon to buy anything you will get credited. Also it will be good if you can make it fake the referrer so have an amazon white hat site up and running to stay under the radar.

Make it go viral in order to run your bot the first time they must share your download page on facebook.

P0s3id0n

This thread got my BlackHat side sparking.

Here is an idea.

Make a bot and on-load make it open an amazon aff link on the default browser and give it away to thousands.

Every time they use your bot your amazon cookie will get dropped on their default browser.

Build something they will love to use at least once a day so you drop the cookie once every 24 hours (24 hours is the time that an amazon link last on any browser) so doing so you ensure that whenever that user goes to amazon to buy anything you will get credited. Also it will be good if you can make it fake the referrer so have an amazon white hat site up and running to stay under the radar.

Make it go viral in order to run your bot the first time they must share your download page on facebook.

P0s3id0n

Dude, I like the way you think. I was thinking something along the same lines. It could do this for amazon, ebay, anything that's popular. But how can you get it to drop a cookie on their default browser? As far as I know the cookie would go to their ubot browser and I plan on hiding this from them because i don't want them seeing that they are going to amazon and ebay first.

Please, if anyone knows how to get the cookie to their firefox or chrome browser rather than the ubot browser, please share the knowledge. Thanks!

if you make the bot open the aff link on the user default browser then the cookie will be droped there not on the UBot browser.

Now the questions is How can we make a bot open the default browser?

Well that I do not know. I do know how to make it open IE but not the default browser.

With that said I will research to see if I can find a way to do that.

For some reason this gave me an idea to try something crazy and it worked! You can set a button to run a script and set that as the anchor text to a webpage that opens in a new tab. This will open the default browser and go to the link and run the script at the same time. This way you can make it so the bot won't work unless you click the button first.

Example code:

ui html panel("<a href=\"http://imautobots.com\" target=\"_blank\"><button onclick=\"ubot.runScript(\'verify\')\">Click Here</button></a>", 250)
define verify {
   alert("verified")
}

• Like 2

I knew about the IE open but we want to make it default browser as that is the browser the user will most likely use to buy stuff on amazon.

Movie the aff link should work just fine as you are dropping your cookie and it should work on the user computer for 24 hours even if he has an amazon account. Now the trick is to create simple bot the regular user will use not Internet Marketers so we can get thousands downloading and using it everyday.

I just coded a very nice function for CPA but that I will keep for myself.

P0s3id0n