UBot Underground

[SELL] Facebook API Plugin (Extreme API Options)

$fb api graph token authentication

that is used to try and authorize graph explorer usage for first timers

$fb api http graph token

that is used to go to graph explorer page and extract the current token from the page

we're specifically talking about: $fb api graph token authentication 

I've talked to a few others and they are saying that specific command is not working for them and that they have to use the 'workaround' 

I'm not sure why you keep bringing up the api login or even http graph token. i'm talking about graph token authentication on first time user. its pretty clear it doesn't work. would just be nice to have that fixed rather than a browser workaround or using fb api login. It would be the smoothest and simplest way. 

Thanks

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Listed on our website at http://www.botguru.net/facebook-fql-explained/   Facebook API – FQL Tutorial From the Facebook Query Language (FQL) documentation Queries are of the form SELECT [field

Update Added:   Proxy support for fetching tokens, as well as command for use inside the fb container to allow for multi threading. http://content.screencast.com/users/lowridertj/folders/Ubot%20Stu

The version number of the DLL did not change with the last update. It's still 1.0.1.1   Here's the hash of the latest file: MD5: 2fddedb82676f56e34b04fbbf25a9e71   Cheers Dan

Posted Images

that is used to try and authorize graph explorer usage for first timers

$fb api http graph token

that is used to go to graph explorer page and extract the current token from the page

we're specifically talking about: $fb api graph token authentication 

I've talked to a few others and they are saying that specific command is not working for them and that they have to use the 'workaround' 

I'm not sure why you keep bringing up the api login or even http graph token. i'm talking about graph token authentication on first time user. its pretty clear it doesn't work. would just be nice to have that fixed rather than a browser workaround or using fb api login. It would be the smoothest and simplest way. 

Thanks

the reason im bringing it up and giving you options and work a rounds as its much easier for the work a round to be used, since that is exactly what the function is and how its built as well.  but the slightest change will break the function, where as a work a round as i have given previously will continue to work for you as its more flexible.  doesn't make much since to support it and continue updating it weekly when something miniscule changes in that function.  it was attempted and placed in there to help ease the process.  its obviously not working and will be removed on next release.

well if its too complex to fix or update $fb api graph token authentication

can you at least make it so that we can accept fb api login without having the login prompt? aka directly set email and password?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

How can i do similar searches to graph search? 

like in browser graph search i can do " men who like mcdonalds who live in texas " 

anyone? is the above possible?

not possible with api, as its a single call to the api.  where as the browser based you can keep adding more and more search criteria to.

Hey TJ,

Looks like the new facebook update break the plugin.

Getting members of a group isnt working at the moment.

Please kindly check.

Thanks

thats part of facebooks privacy policy thing that was released in v3 of their api.

not possible with api, as its a single call to the api.  where as the browser based you can keep adding more and more search criteria to.

thats part of facebooks privacy policy thing that was released in v3 of their api.

So, Could you fix it?

• 1 month later...

i wish you'd fix the access token this is driving me crazy doing it manually for each account. facebook doesnt change the code that often. 

also i was wondering if anyone knows how to tag someone in a post/comment? i tried doing what the api doc says but its not working and idk if its the plugin or if its me. 

I could not sell a single bot using this plugin.  When ppl contact me about how it works and asking me for a video, were really disappointed with the manual way of getting the token.  No professional at all.  I hope your coder figure out how to fix it some day.

Luis Carlos

Video how to obtain a token:

http://screencast.com/t/EQ441iGNza5x

This video shows how to obtain a token on first run of your software, and each time after that you might need to grab a new token.

The user should have access to the Graph API Explorer.

https://developers.facebook.com/tools/explorer

You can have them go to this link, to access the explorer at any time to test and make sure they have access to it to debug any issue they might be having.

Aside from this there is also another way in which you can obtain a token and that's the $fb api login (function)

This allows you to enter a Application id number

redirect url

and scope

Scope is the permissions from the  graph explorer window you can set things like

user_likes

user_website

or more than 1 like so

user_likes,user_website

with as many as you like comma separated

It will popup a window to prompt them to authorize your application with these access privileges (scope items)

This feature is seldom used.  as the first 2 as shown in the video are the most common uses of the api.

If your still having trouble getting a token please provide me a video of sorts and example code of what your trying and I can definitely look into it.

Also please navigate to the graph explorer to make sure you can access the token area of the screen as that is how its obtaining the token to use the api

otherwise we would need to make a function that specifically uses the OAuth system,

and would require your user to do far more than this to obtain a oauth key, and pass as well as client key and pass to access the api.

• 1 month later...

I am having trouble with liking a post.  It is probably something I am just being dense about. 

My intention is to grab a random Group comment and "Like" it.

For some reason I can grab the random ID no problem, but when I try to Like that comment nothing happens.  

Any ideas what I might be missing?  Seems like it should be simple.

• 2 weeks later...

it might be that like options in groups are having troubles with their api setup.  a short while back when they upgraded the api, many features were missing from the latest api for groups.  to reduce spam and other activity's.

• 4 weeks later...

Update issued.  1.0.3.0

Updated wall post command.

-Added Type (status, link, photo, video, offer)

When making a post to groups or page, or walls use the command fb version set to 2

and select the appropriate Type of post it will be making.

• 3 weeks later...

use the FQL option, and should be able to bring back exact data that way for you

Do you have an example (video or text) about how to use it for this case?  I dont really understand how it works.  Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

TJ, can I schedule upload videos to Facebook with this plugin?

ubot has its schedulign feature in v5, and you have delay functionality so yes no reason you couldnt schedule it.

But uploading isnt possible with the api, only posting by using a url is.

• 3 weeks later...

How will this affect the plugin?

Version 2.0 of the Facebook Platform API is the last version where FQL will be available. Versions after 2.0 will not support FQL. Please migrate your applications to use Graph API instead of FQL. Please see our changelog for current version information.