UBot Underground

Looking forward to building some magic here with UBot Studio

Just grabbed my copy of UBot and looking forward to getting to work. Hoping to learn from all that have gotten here before I have. I have a question for those that have been here for awhile:

What do you know now about UBot that you wish you knew when you got started.

I am looking forward to your responses so I may learn from your experiences.

• Like 1

I wish I knew how much of a P.I.T.A it was going to be to create email accounts and verify emails. I had no idea it would be such a pain.

I also quickly discovered how weak my html/css skills really were when I tried to design my own GUI - Thanks to TJ for his HTML Tabbed U.I. and all his help, Now my U.I.'s are kinda cool. 

I also didn't realize you could collapse all nodes which is handy.

Also the bigger your bot the slower ubot studio works, which ended up being a nightmare for me. In fact if there was one thing I wish I knew before I got started it would be that a fast computer is a plus and even more than that I wish I knew that running Ubot Studio on a Mac using parallels sucks big time. With small bots it is all good, but when they get large it is no fun to have a slow computer. Upgrading your Ram won't help either, at least it didn't for me. Just run it on a PC and don't even consider using a Mac.

Not much else though. I just watched the videos and read the PDF's and dove right in. The best way to learn it is to just start playing with it.  It is freaking wicked software and I think the price is a bargain. The developers version has all the extra features that I couldn't live without and I would recommend to most people to spring for that version.  :ph34r:

• Like 2

Welcome aboard.

I would suggest you watch all the videos, and learn as you emmerse yourself.

There are many helpful tutorials and examples here on the forum as well...

The best way to learn is by doing.

Also Frank posted a very useful thread here:

http://www.ubotstudio.com/forum/index.php?/topic/3886-have-patience/

• Like 1

Thanks AutomationNinja for the detailed response. I will keep your recommendations in mind as I begin to learn.  Thanks to a2mateit for the welcome and the link. I will explore it. TopIm- great to know I am not the only newbie. Share what you are learning along the way and I will do the same.

I wish that I had known simple solutions are usually the best ones for complex problems. Another way to put this: start simple.  Simple bots can be more profitable and they are better to start with.  Learn from your mistakes.  Start with a simple task you would like to automate (ie. logging into your email, sending a message, scraping data online, etc.) and do it really well.  The popular social networks (ie. facebook and twitter) are really effin' difficult to automate for all the things they put in there to stop botters.  I would just stay away from those in the beginning.  I made the mistake of trying to start with building an SENuke - type bot.  Yeah, I still never finished that one (about a year since i bought ubot).  It's just too many sites to work with and way too complex.

Good luck!  It really is an awesome program.

• Like 2

I wish I had known two things coming into ubot...

1- I wish I had known that there are usually always more than one way to achieve any specific task.

2- I wish I had known how easy it would be just by absorbing yourself in it.

Welcome Miles.

• Like 1

I think one of the big questions is really how far you can take it. All those stories we tout about people making six figures with the bots they sell - those are all true. Those are real people that we still keep in touch with from time to time. If you can figure out something that people want and need, there's no reason you can't do the same thing.

Welcome to the community.

• Like 3
I think one of the big questions is really how far you can take it. All those stories we tout about people making six figures with the bots they sell - those are all true. Those are real people that we still keep in touch with from time to time. If you can figure out something that people want and need, there's no reason you can't do the same thing.

Welcome to the community.

and if Seth makes the html ui more flexible and workable it will be even better ;-) hint hint seth ;-)

• Like 1
and if Seth makes the html ui more flexible and workable it will be even better ;-) hint hint seth ;-)

Haha I can never come on the forum without people bugging me for features. UI is actually one of our next big projects.

Haha I can never come on the forum without people bugging me for features. UI is actually one of our next big projects.

Thats only because you don't come around often enough!

We'd leave you alone if you came around more often ;)

• Like 1

guess that means you need to do more work then cause if we still have to ask for basic stuff that should be in there already , and you don't want to be bugged about it then get on it bro, get those common software application feature requests handled asap and then we wont have to bug ya every month when you come on ;-) haha <_< jk

lets hope the interface project doesn't take forever, i mean we all lived through the end of the world scare but do we have to wait for another one to get what we need? i think not ;-)

anyhoo good to see you on again Seth

Thanks to everyone for the interaction and experiences. Impressed to see so many people willing to share best practices, etc. and for Seth to get on here as well.

Can't wait for the weekend so I can go through all the video tutorials. Trying to decide on what my first project will be. I hope I will be able to add value to the rest of you at some time in the future.