UBot Underground

List of software & services to protect your bots to sell

After seeing a few threads regarding how to protect compiled bots you are selling, I went into research mode, since I may need it in the future as well. I didn’t include all of the solutions I found. Some looked outdated, were unsupported, or were just outrageously expensive. The ones listed below seem to have a lot of features that most of us would need and a wide range of pricing. If you find a comparable solution that may interest others, feel free to add it to this thread.

ExeShield - http://www.exeshield.com

Cost: Starts at $79.95 (trial version available)

NOTE: IT'S BEEN REPORTED UBOTS WILL NOT OPEN AFTER BEING PROTECTED WITH EXESHIELD

If you want a simple method of protecting your bots, this is a good option. You can protect an unlimited number of bots for one price. The main drawback is you will have to manually generate license keys for each customer. It includes a key generator, but I saw no way of automating it. So, you would need to set up a form on your website for buyers to submit their information or have them phone in their information, which you would use to generate a unique key for. This would force your buyers to wait to receive their license key. Since there’s no license check, your bots could be shared and distributed using the same license code.

Features

•  
  • Stand-alone protection
  • Can set up trial licenses
  • Backdating detection
  • Machine locking
  • No automatic licensing (you must manually generate and send keys to your buyers)

Private exe Protector (PEP) - http://setisoft.com

Cost: Starts at $110.00 (trial version available)

NOTE: IT'S BEEN REPORTED PRIVATE EXE PROTECTOR IS NOT UBOT FRIENDLY

Seems to have similar features as EXE Shield. It’s only a stand-alone protection that encrypts and protects your bot, so sharing of your bot could occur. I guess it depends on your user-base. If you don’t think your buyers are the type to share your bots, then these are good options.

Features

•  
  • Stand-alone protection
  • Encryption, compression and protection of software
  • Protection against debugging, reverse assembling and cracking
  • No automatic licensing (you must manually generate and send keys to your buyers)

IntelliProtector - http://intelliprotector.com

Cost: Subscription starts at $30.00 per month (free up to 7 license code per month)

NOTE: IntelliProtector IS NOT SUPPORTED (got a reply by email from them)

This one looks interesting. It’s a subscription model and you pay based on the number of license codes you need. The drawback I see is it could cost a lot more money over time. An annual subscription for the Basic plan would cost you $288.00 and give you 240 license activations.

They do have a free plan that includes 7 licenses each month. This means that they allow 7 license activations before you would have to start paying. At $2.50 per license activation (after the 7 free ones), that could really get expensive depending on the price of your product and it would dig into your profit.

Features

•  
  • Stand-alone protection
  • Automatic Online Activation
  • Integrated payment systems including PayPal, ClickBank, 2Checkout and more
  • Automatically blocks licenses if piracy is detected
  • Several methods to prevent sharing and distribution
  • Online Reseller Management includes software installation tracking and reports

SoftwareShield - http://www.softwareshield.com

Cost: Starts at $799.00

Although expensive up-front, if you think you’ll be selling a lot of your bots, then this may pay for itself depending on the cost of your product. Serial numbers start at $1 each, but you have to buy them in bulk (with discounts the more you buy).

Features

•  
  • Stand-alone protection
  • Automatic Online Activation
  • Can integrate Google Analytics
  • Customize up-sell messaging using HTML5 and jQuery
  • Embed up-sell messaging on launch, exit, and license expiration of your bot.
  • Includes 100 serial numbers and bulk discounts for additional serial numbers.
  • Connect product license to your Ecommerce provider.

CrypKey Instant - http://www.crypkey.com

Cost: $1,895.00 per product (trial version available)

I couldn’t find anything that made CrypKey stand out over some of the lower cost methods.

Features

•  
  • Stand-alone protection

CrypKey Casper - http://www.crypkey.com/products/casper.php

Cost: $3,695.00 per product or $500 set-up fee plus $200 per month for CryKey hosted solution

Direct Purchase

For $3,695.00, you can have CrypKey installed at your location. I assume they mean some kind of web server, but they don’t get into much details.

Hosted Activation

If you want them to handle the license activations for you, it’s $500 up front and $200 per month and includes 1,000 license activations. Another 1,000 activations is another $200 per month.

Features

•  
  • Software license authorization via a serial number verification process
  • Supports web and email communication for authorizations
  • CasperWeb user interface for product and customer information management
  • eTransfer facilitates licenses to be moved from one computer to another via the Internet
  • Detailed reporting including Excel format
  • All customer and product information can be exported to Microsoft SQL Server

ElecKey 2.0 Express - http://www.sciensoft.com/products/eleckey/express

Cost: Starts at $245

ElecKey 2.0 Express is the starter edition that offers a quick and easy solution to protect software, as well as to manage license and distribution of software.

Features

•  
  • ElecKey Integrator
  • LicenseKey Manager
  • UpdateShield Integrator
  • UpdateCheck API
  • UpdateCheck .NET Component

ElecKey 2.0 Internet - http://www.sciensoft.com/products/eleckey/internet

Cost: Starts at $645.00

ElecKey 2.0 Internet includes the LicenseGen SDK and Activation Server that offer the full range of solutions to manage license and distribution of software, including web-based registration, automatic online activation, and more.

Features

•  
  • ElecKey Integrator
  • KeyCheck API
  • KeyCheck .NET Component
  • LicenseKey Manager
  • LicenseGen SDK
  • Activation Server
  • USB LicenseKey Manager
  • UpdateShield Integrator
  • UpdateCheck API
  • UpdateCheck .NET Component

Protection Plus - http://www.softwarekey.com/protection-plus

Cost: Starts at $349.00

Features

•  
  • Create trials, rentals, and pay-per-use applications
  • Immediate software activation via phone, fax, email, or internet
  • Extend a trial, rental or lease for an additional period of time
  • Disable fraudulent purchases
  • Allow partial access; activate additional features later

Solo Server - http://www.softwarekey.com/solo-server

Cost: $99.00 set-up fee plus other fees

Features

•  
  • Trial Marketing
  • Integrated E-Commerce for Selling Software
  • Customer Self Service Portal
  • Customer Relationship Management
  • Subscription Management
  • Electronic License Activationâ„¢(ELA)
  • Electronic License Managementâ„¢(ELM)
  • Electronic Software Delivery (ESD)
  • Real Time Reporting
  • Web Service Interfaces

Choosing the right protection software or license activation system will depend on you and what you are developing. If you are developing something that you plan to sell for over $50, I would recommend buying something that would require instant activation via the internet. If you are planning on selling your software for under $20, then something less expensive may work better.

Hope this list helps and if you know of a solution to protect compiled bots, feel free to share.

I highly recommend Protect Gold. Ive sold thousands of my bots and have never found 1 of them cracked. Also the fact that it does automatic updating is amazing.

I would have included it, but there is literally NO info about it on the website.

http://66th.net/protect-gold/

The squeeze page doesn't say anything about it or include pricing. The only YouTube video I found is 2 years old. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbNXYF7kSVg

Thanks for the list !

The first one ExeShield - http://www.exeshield.com is not compatible with UBOT bot.

It will protect your bot but it won't open the bot.

Same for the 2nd in the list Private exe Protector (PEP) - http://setisoft.com ...

Not Ubot bot friendly :(

The PEP support team tell me to try dot net obfuscator.

• Like 1

Can a mod please pin this? There's some good info here, but I don't have the dev license yet and I'm not selling bots, but I plan to in the future. Plus, this is just good information.

"NOTE: IT'S BEEN REPORTED UBOTS WILL NOT OPEN AFTER BEING PROTECTED" - Is that just if you protect it with exesheild or if you protect it at all with any program?

Can a mod please pin this? There's some good info here, but I don't have the dev license yet and I'm not selling bots, but I plan to in the future. Plus, this is just good information.

"NOTE: IT'S BEEN REPORTED UBOTS WILL NOT OPEN AFTER BEING PROTECTED" - Is that just if you protect it with exesheild or if you protect it at all with any program?

That comment was just for EXESHIELD. I updated the post so it's more understandable.

If anyone else has had an issue with any of the software listed, let me know and I'll add it so no one will have to learn the hard way. :blink:

I must say that Protect Gold is the best protection in the market for us uBoters.

I have received several crack attempts on my bots and all of them failed. Just one succeed a few months ago but it took Andy less than 2 hours to patch it and get rid of the crack.

Yes there are many solutions out there but IMO they are useless because they are not made for uBot.

If you protect with a simple wraper that checks a few things here and there when the user launch the bot then let me tell you that your Bot will be shared for free on forums like blackhatteam and bestblackhatforum (just to mention a few) in less than one day of you launching your product.

Protect Gold provides you with custom uBot code that calls your license database at anytime that you want during your Bot run.

So even if the managed to take off the wraper (easy task for any wannabe cracker) your bot will not run because your are calling the database from inside your source. That is just a few things it does much more but i will not get into details as I do not what to let Crackers know what the system exactly does. I am sure all Protect Gold user will agree with me on that.

Not only that. I must say that Andy's support is the best in the industry. Some times I have had problems with customers and he has taken the time to talk with them troubleshoot and solve my customers problems. Tell me who else does that?

If you are serious about your business then take no chances buy the best protection and keep leachers away from your business.

P0s3id0n

Wow thanks a lot !

damn i can't afford any of these services right now as i'm starting. Is there a way to pay for only one bot ? One at a time ? Say 25$ and the bot is protected ?

Thanks

EDITED:

IntelliProtector IS NOT SUPPORTED (got a reply by email from them)

I tried contacting the protect-gold seller... Sent email as well as a PM here, but didn't receive a reply. (only sent about a day ago, but i'm in a hurry :-) )

I'm needing security, but the list above seems to be solutions that are going to require a monthly fee, which in my opinion is extremely dangerous.

I haven't had any luck finding a solution, so maybe someone else here has and will share.

I'm looking for a pretty good protection level, but fully self hosted - Not wanting to spend thousands on it. - Anyone have any ideas they can add for potential solutions here?

I tried contacting the protect-gold seller... Sent email as well as a PM here, but didn't receive a reply. (only sent about a day ago, but i'm in a hurry :-) )

I'm needing security, but the list above seems to be solutions that are going to require a monthly fee, which in my opinion is extremely dangerous.

I haven't had any luck finding a solution, so maybe someone else here has and will share.

I'm looking for a pretty good protection level, but fully self hosted - Not wanting to spend thousands on it. - Anyone have any ideas they can add for potential solutions here?

Chill out bro he will get back with you soon. He is being working on some tutorial videos for another project as of late for what I know but I am sure he will get with you at soon he see your message.

Protect Gold is self-hosted so you got control of everything. No monthly fee like many others.

• Like 1

Yea im not sure why Protect Gold has been so mysterious lately. Its an awesome product and Andy is an awesome guy. I was confused about a few things and he basically spent hours helping me get up to speed and troubleshooting my issues. Give him a day or two to respond.

If you emailed me I have responded!

There is no great mystery around Protect Gold, we had a few blackhat folk grabbing licenses to try to crack what it was doing... ironically that didn't help them but it causes me grief when their fraudulent payment goes bad and I get stung for a chargeback fee. So I made it harder (but not impossible) to purchase.

The basic info is now in an auto responder message, and you can contact me if you are interested after that. If you have been active here and had ubot for a time then you can buy.

Yes its not the easiest process but it keeps the cheats and scammers out and helps keep Protect Gold all the more secure for those who use it :)

Andy

• Like 1

There is no great mystery around Protect Gold, we had a few blackhat folk grabbing licenses to try to crack what it was doing... ironically that didn't help them but it causes me grief when their fraudulent payment goes bad and I get stung for a chargeback fee. So I made it harder (but not impossible) to purchase.

The basic info is now in an auto responder message, and you can contact me if you are interested after that. If you have been active here and had ubot for a time then you can buy.

Yes its not the easiest process but it keeps the cheats and scammers out and helps keep Protect Gold all the more secure for those who use it :)

Andy

Andy did reply - I purchased - just waiting to hear back from him now. And I'm glad I waited.

You know what would the MOST important update/feature of Ubot ?

To be able to protect the bots !

They could offer the system themselves !

If i was Seth, i would surely have a look at this venture.

It's something missing badly.

• 1 month later...

Yes its not the easiest process but it keeps the cheats and scammers out and helps keep Protect Gold all the more secure for those who use it http://www.ubotstudio.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

Andy

Hey Andy

how much does Protect Gold costs ?

Didn't get an answer from Andy on this, so I'm hoping someone here will know. I am going to offer a membership service on a monthly basis. If you are a current member, then you have access to my bots. If you cancel your membership then your license will no longer be valid. I would like to do one license per customer that works on a handful of my bots I give them access to. I'm going to be managing this membership through a wordpress plugin, not sure if that makes a difference. Will Protect Gold work for what I want to accomplish?

Didn't get an answer from Andy on this, so I'm hoping someone here will know. I am going to offer a membership service on a monthly basis. If you are a current member, then you have access to my bots. If you cancel your membership then your license will no longer be valid. I would like to do one license per customer that works on a handful of my bots I give them access to. I'm going to be managing this membership through a wordpress plugin, not sure if that makes a difference. Will Protect Gold work for what I want to accomplish?

Yes...

Its not completely automated as they don't integrate, but I use DAP for membership sites and I have a bot that goes into it to change settings based on monthly memberships (which are scraped from a spreadsheet).

There's probably a better way but that was pretty easy to set up... :rolleyes:

Its not completely automated as they don't integrate, but I use DAP for membership sites and I have a bot that goes into it to change settings based on monthly memberships (which are scraped from a spreadsheet).

There's probably a better way but that was pretty easy to set up... :rolleyes:

Thnks Duane! You're the man!

Do you have a link to DAP?