UBot Underground

Verdict on 5 ?

So I've read Seth's emails on 5 ....

Is it all cracked up to be what it was promoted as?

I've read of issues, but don't know really if it's the user, or version 5.

I do know that 4 still had issues, and not sure if those are resolved in 5.

With the addition of new functionality in 5, is 5 solid, lacking, buggy?

I'm thinking of going from from to DEV... ???

Thanks.

Ubot5 is awesome but still needs some work... Dev is certainly worth the upgrade, especially since there is such good discounts, and part of the $ goes to charity. (a charity thats close to my heart as well)

Peace

• Like 1

Interesting ... Seems like so far...

1 vote for waiting

1 vote for go for it

A great price is tempting, but how long until it "gets fixed", that's the question.

Waiting.. Seems like the route to go, but wondering if uBot is too small of a company.

Issues on 4 were. It resolved completely, so let's come out with version 5, we'll add some features ... Etc.

But, I feel sort if like they are chasing the software itself. Sort of like.. Making it just "ok" enough to sell some more copies, but not letting any specific version, be solid (stand on its own), live its life span, and hen come out with a new version.

I really want to believe in uBot, but now starting to wonder if my expectations of solidity, may be too much for the vision of the company.

???

I think that upgrade under those conditions is a no brainer, especially because you will also help other by doing that.

Regarding the bugs, I'm also deeply disappointed with the current condition of v5 and their efforts, but I still have some trust in UBot team because they were providing decent product for past years, so I think bugs shouldn't be a reason for not upgrading.

• Like 1

I would like to see updates being released once a month until Ubot Studio 5 is more stable. When paying monthly to receive updates its kind of a let down to see only a few updates come out to fix the issues with version 5.

I would like to see updates being released once a month until Ubot Studio 5 is more stable. When paying monthly to receive updates its kind of a let down to see only a few updates come out to fix the issues with version 5.

My 2 cents is:  fixes to UBot Sudio should be FREE since they are not enhancements but rather what we originally paid for.

• Like 2

i have lots of bots now that all work in 4 (revising regularly) and none of them will even load up in 5. Just sits loading for ages.

looking forward to v6, so i can upgrade to fully working v5  :)

• Like 2

My 2 cents is:  fixes to UBot Sudio should be FREE since they are not enhancements but rather what we originally paid for.

Yes, but since I have been a customer since 2009 I had to be on a monthly subscription in order to get the version 5 upgrade and any updates. New customers within the first year of purchasing UBot get the updates for free. So, that is why I stated it the way i did. ;)

I'm working with v4 and not planning to switch to v5 in near future.

main issues with ubot4 are browser crashes and memory leaks which were not fixed in v5, all other shiny features are not really needed and only "nice to have"

I'm working with v4 and not planning to switch to v5 in near future.

main issues with ubot4 are browser crashes and memory leaks which were not fixed in v5, all other shiny features are not really needed and only "nice to have"

Good point about new features...I'm not sure why they would be adding them if the core of the v5 is still not stable. I don't think any developer would be adding new features if basic ones don't work, so I think this is a result of UBot marketing pushing developer.

• Like 2

What i think i the right thing to do is :

-Put ubot 5 in a beta stage (thats the right place for a half working software)

-Disable monthly fee until ubot 5 is working as it should

Why?

I think about 90-95% of all the users are using ubot 4 and that is not being updated,so we are paying for you guys to fix ubot 5.

We are nothing more than paying beta testers atm and ubot 5 will not be stable anytime soon.( 10 bugs get fixed every update and 15 new are reported each time)

There are just too many things to fix before ubot 5 is usable and for 1 developer to fix it all within a reasonable time-frame is just impossible.

I also got a question,

if i stop paying for updates for 6 months to let you guys fix ubot 5 will i then pay the same amount for updates as i am now (9$), when i sign up for them again after 6 months?

• Like 1

if i stop paying for updates for 6 months to let you guys fix ubot 5 will i then pay the same amount for updates as i am now (9$), when i sign up for them again after 6 months?

I'm not sure about the price, but I stopped paying for updates a while ago and now there is no option for me to pay monthly.  I would have to pay up front for at least 6 months, i think.  

I don't mind paying for the updates/upgrades as long as they keep on releasing updates for UBS4 too (I find UBS5 to be too unstable to be used and yet I don't sell bots, I only use it to automate my everyday work + for fun). We can't expect things to be free for all times, that would put the company out of business which would have unwanted results to us. On the other hand there is of course an upper limit on what I believe that the maintenance fee is worth and I am at that upper limit already.

As for UBS5, well, it looks promising.

• I would like to see more events being caught so that the built-in browser could be used as a browser to push the session instead of just being a responsive based browser. (I have just sent them this as a suggestion to improve the product, "on page loading", "on page loaded" and "on bot exit" would be nice to have))
  • I still lack the possibility to debug defines/subroutines by stepping into them, sure I can do it manually but...
  • I also still lack the possibility to use lists and tables as arguments to defines/subroutines.

I guess these things are missing on all versions of UBot Studio.

• One final thing that I still miss is an exception handler, that is, a way of trying to do an operation and then catching possible exceptions. By using an exception container with an API for adding exceptions and handlers, the plugin developers would be enabled to add their own exception handling to their plugins.

As for Standard, Pro or Dev, this is a no brainer to me. Buy the Dev!

Thanks to the great plugins available free or paid, UBot Studio has vastly grown in versatility. I also create some plugins of my own that I use myself when I need some new functionality (not selling those either) and there is "no" limit to what plugins that can be used with the Dev version.

Sooner or later UBS5 will be much more stable. I remember the days when UBS4 replaced UBS 3.5. There were a lot of complaints, I am not at all saying that the complaints were incorrect.

Yes, we are used as beta testers, but if they keep the stable version being updated with maintenance releases, that's fine by me as long as I can chose what version to use.

• Like 1

When developing any product you have to make the call to decide if it would be best to bullet proof the current version before coming out with a new version. If the verdict is that Version 4 foundations were far from perfect, then it makes sense to learn from the experience and build a better version on more solid ground. I hope that is what has happened with version 5.

It is annoying to find things that worked fine in version 4 now don't work in version 5 but the measure of the company is how quickly they can resolve the issues. UBot wouldn't be the first company to make a major release before the product is really ready, a lot of companies have made that mistake. I took the plunge to go with version 5, but have now had to reinstall version 4 for certain tasks, so far it isn't a disaster. I do like UBot and can only hope they rise to the occasion.

Version 4 is buggy and it is probably fair comment to say version 5 is more buggy, but bugs can be fixed. My only criticism in the past has been that when reporting a bug I have spent too long having to argue that it is a bug and not my code.    

the biggest problem an v4 was the browser engine and im sure same happend with v5
i stopped the montly subscription and i never was in touch with v5 cause i remember the pain with v4 in the begining.

some of the bugs v4 v5 will never fixed because of the browserengine

maybe the devteam should thing about to use a more stable browserengine instead of hope that awesonium brings stable updates.

because the most issues for errors are sites with a lot of javascripts. thats what i saw

My only criticism in the past has been that when reporting a bug I have spent too long having to argue that it is a bug and not my code.    

I know exactly what you are talking about, because I have similar experience.

I think that's because they are not looking for bugs, instead they are trying to prove that it works.

• Like 1

the biggest problem an v4 was the browser engine and im sure same happend with v5

At least v5 is using the newest version of Chromium for the difference of v4, so I hope it will perform better.

Wow.. It does look like it's a disappointing release.

(I'm also surprised with how active this thread has become, there is no company representation... No one backing up 5.0)

I too hate paying for updates, since they are not consistent/regular.

I know developers are not cheap, but if it's correct that there is only one, it's time to stop living off the profits (and recurring updates cash), tighten your belt and hire another developer.

I'm not asking for freebies. I don't mind paying fair market pricing for updates and solid software.

• Like 1

I've received a huge amount of value for my purchase (back in 2010) and I don't mind paying for monthly updates. My ROI with ubot dev is literally above 10,000%, above 20,000% in fact!

V5 isn't ready yet, I posted a bug that seems to have been ignored. :( I should have known better than to waste time on a new release, I made the same mistake when V4 came out.  Fortunately V4 seems very stable now.

Also, it's far too soon to remove V4 from the download page! V5 is not ready!

Can we have it back please?  If not does anyone know where I can download V4 again?

I upgraded to 5 when it first came out and to be honest I should have waited. Several bugs. I just hope

these are fixed before my 6 months support expires... I only have 3 months left an still having issues.

The real kicker is I can't utilize 4 for the features I need because of ubot5.. some sort of conflict on my pc.

Hopefully they'll straightened this out soon $500 dished out and the main reason I use it is dead in the water.