UBot Underground

Kaspersky Problem

My Kaspersky anti virus software is identifying my compiled Ubot files as some sort virus and disinfecting them.

This began a few days ago and only seems to affect files compiled under version 4.2.9, bots compiled with previous versions do not seem to be affected.

I contacted support and they said:

Yes this common, and unfortunately there is very little that can be done about it, except to contact the security firms software, and identify your software as safe.

Customers are usually understanding about this, especially if you assure them that the bots you provide them with will never harm their computer or gather personal information.

On the up side this does discourage unauthorized users of your software who may have stolen it off of an illegal download site.

Their response would be funny if it didn't impact my business.

Anyone else having this problem? Is there a fix for this? When you are trying to sell bots, this is totally unacceptable! 

Please help!

There is no viruses or anything like that. You have nothing to worry about. I have the exact same thing and a customer has not once been concerned about it. Previous versions also do this. I don't know if it is random or not. 

I got the same problem, compiled bots get flagged as malware, Kaspersky then deletes them.

Contacted support and all they said was:

You can compile your bots for now by turning off your anti virus and compiling.

Your issue was noted and we will will you know if there is anything we can do.

Great, it does it when running compiled bots also, so are they asking me to turn off Kaspersky all together as i have bots running all the time? Only started happening in 4.2.9 so why cant they just look at what has changed from 4.2.7 (running compiled bots fine) and change it back? Thats obviously where the problem lies and turning off Kaspersky all together is not an option. So now im left with $700 worth of useless software.

had the same problem with kaspersky and it messed my computer quite a bit , at a point i wasn't even able to open ubot studio as browser.exe was getting flagged. i`ve added browser.exe to the trusted group and seem everything is ok now

I have had a lot of customers contact me telling me that my bot is being flagged as a threat. (obviously they want confirmation or they wouldn't have contacted me), so I simply tell them this:

The warning you are getting is a false positive. The software was created using Ubot, and you can do a search on google for Ubot false positive and see that this is very well documented and the software is completely safe.

As far as I know, I have never lost a customer because of the false positives.  -- Just putting this out there for people who are faced with the same thing and don't know how to address it with their customers.

I am having similar problems with Avast.

Try's to open it inside of Avast sandbox.  Contacted Avast to get my bot's taken off the threat list, but never got a response.

Whenever we see issues like this, we bug the virus scanner company to fix their software. I encourage you guys to do the very same. If you go into their forums and support telling them that their software is wrongly flagging UBot bots, and enough people are bothering them about it, then they'll have no choice but to fix their algorithm more quickly.

• Like 1