UBot Underground

Any alternative to Yahoo siteexplorer?

If you search google for "alternatives to Yahoo site explorer", it seems a lot of people are wondering the same thing and quite a few have provided some alternatives. I hope that helps.

John

Here are some options for lazy people like me who don't wanna search LOL

Google Webmaster Tools

Google’s “Links to Your site†area allows you to drill down to a page level to see the inbound links and it also provides a ranking of the top “Anchor Text†for the links pointing to your website (helps to see if your SEO efforts are on target for the right keywords)

www.google.com/webmaster

Link Diagnosis

Link diagnosis is a free link checking tool which requires a browser plugin to analyse links to your website. While I’ve found it doesn’t find the same number of links as Google or Yahoo it does include extra information such as PageRank, anchor text and link strength which make it a handy tool.

www.linkdiagnosis.com

Open Site Explorer

Open Site Explorer offers an advanced set of link data including top linking domains, anchor text distribution and overall scores for your page and domain authority. The only downside is that you’ll need to pay to access full functionality of this tool.

www.opensiteexplorer.org

Majestic SEO

Majestic Site Explorer is another comprehensive link analysis tool that always seems to find the highest number of external backlinks for any site that I check. They’ll also provide a handy overview of your backlink history over time.

www.majesticseo.com

If you search google for "alternatives to Yahoo site explorer", it seems a lot of people are wondering the same thing and quite a few have provided some alternatives. I hope that helps.

John

I already did that before posting here but unfortunately didn't find anything like YSE. Most of them give few results only and then you need to register or install their plugin for the full report.

Here are some options for lazy people like me who don't wanna search LOL

Google Webmaster Tools

Google’s “Links to Your site†area allows you to drill down to a page level to see the inbound links and it also provides a ranking of the top “Anchor Text†for the links pointing to your website (helps to see if your SEO efforts are on target for the right keywords)

www.google.com/webmaster

Link Diagnosis

Link diagnosis is a free link checking tool which requires a browser plugin to analyse links to your website. While I’ve found it doesn’t find the same number of links as Google or Yahoo it does include extra information such as PageRank, anchor text and link strength which make it a handy tool.

www.linkdiagnosis.com

Open Site Explorer

Open Site Explorer offers an advanced set of link data including top linking domains, anchor text distribution and overall scores for your page and domain authority. The only downside is that you’ll need to pay to access full functionality of this tool.

www.opensiteexplorer.org

Majestic SEO

Majestic Site Explorer is another comprehensive link analysis tool that always seems to find the highest number of external backlinks for any site that I check. They’ll also provide a handy overview of your backlink history over time.

www.majesticseo.com

Thanks Pranhey but Honestly I already checked those sites and really doesn't have the results that I am looking for.. I really need a site like what YSE does since I need to update my bot before they close down their service..

Thank you still for the effort.

Yes you are not wrong. YSE is the best out there, not only bots but plugins like SEO Quake would not be as usable anymore then, I believe most including me use such plugins mostly for checking backlinks.

Maybe SEOmoz could have something cooking in their pan. As they do have a massive database.

Does anyone else here use SEOmoz Pro??

I'll see if there is a post on it or I'll post this there to see what the "GURUs" say about it.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I don't expect anyone besides a big search engine to be able to do it.

Lots of servers required and $$$.

Man, that will be a tragic loss for us, no way to check backlinks.

At my customer I use a tool called SEOlytics, but free? Nope. It costs something like $780/month, not really the expense you'd like when running a small business, even though it's very good.

Regarding YSE, it's supposed to be handled by Bing Webmaster Tools (you know the Search Alliance between Bing and Yahoo), but uptil yesterday I didn't see any sign of having something that replaces YSE.

Loads of tools will stop working when YSE is shutdown.

I was wondering about that as well. I think the SEs are doing this to somehow strike back at IMers to some degree. But then again they really don't gain anything by having such a tool. They could be greedy and start charging for it but then how accurate would it be and would they have integrity during the maintenance process.

It is clear Google play both sides of the field. With their "Do as I say but not as I do." mentality.

I am of the opinion that the Page Ranking should be done by an independent group other than Big G but that is another discussion.

well good news guys, there were quite a few news articles released by yahoo regarding this and there's a just as good solution around the corner when it does shut down.

From what I hear, yahoo is merging with bing somehow, and basically yahoo site explorer is going to become part of 'bings webmaster tools.

So it's not going away completely, just moving to a new platform. Hope that's a sigh of releif!

That's a relief. I thought a reputable company was going to get it. Now we can expect years before actual improvements will be made and tons of useless updates that will break and crazy keywords like;

microsoft dog training

bing dog training

ms dog training 2012

bing dog training 2013

the microsoft whisperer

bing your house in 21 days

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I came across this one today - http://blekko.com , not really the best, but it is _something_ (and free of charge) and it's probably getting better and better as time goes by.

I did a tiny test: In my day job at my customer, I am responsible for the OM and they have loads of backlinks to several sites. One of their sites have about 200K backlinks, while Blekko tells me it's just below 58K. Well, well..

If you sign up there you will actually get a nice non-keyword carrying dofollow backlink from a PR6 member profile.

If you sign up there you will actually get a nice non-keyword carrying dofollow backlink from a PR6 member profile.

How can a newly created page get an instant PR6?? I don't get that?

Or were you trying to say a do-follow link from a page on a PR6 domain?

These are both quite different things. I don't want to go in depth here as I can go all night talking about it.

Besides, I see the Yahoo Site-explore which was supposed to go on the 15th Sep is still there.

Who said anything about an instant backlink? (but yes, I meant the domain)

Did you see the actual message about Blekko?

(Maybe I should use my own mother tongue the next time I do a post here. :) )

Check out about SeoMoz. It is also free and my friends are using it.

It’s called Open Site Explorer, and it’s a powerful beast when it comes to analyzing backlink networks of either your own sites.

Check out about SeoMoz. It is also free and my friends are using it.

It’s called Open Site Explorer, and it’s a powerful beast when it comes to analyzing backlink networks of either your own sites.

Have you noticed how out dated their databases are??

• 4 weeks later...
Guest michelsmith

backlinkwatch.com

tools.seobook.com/link-tools/backlinks/backlinks.php

Are a couple, be aware some of the free services use the yahoo api and have the same 1000 link limit, yahoo may rank the result with most important first. You may have to use a paid service to get the most.

The free version of the SEO PowerSuite application has similar limitations but can be upgraded.