UBot Underground

Forums Searchfunction

Dear Ubot-Team

it would be massiv GREAT if your Forum-Search Function would works like it has to work!

There are sooooo many Keywords that are blacklisted! the success on a searchsession is mosttime near NULL.

Please FIX THAT or REMOVE THAT f....ing SEARCHOPTIONS because at the Moment.. to use it only waste Time !

Thx willywonka nice for all the people who dont know about this kind of search

...but dont fix the problem with the searchfunction here.

why the hell i gotta searchfunction if i dont can use it....makes no sense or ?

Guys, to be honest, on most of the forums I've been the search is crap and most of the time don't bring relevant results so I cant really blame ubot forum.

I have to disagree with you on this. I belong to many forums and I am also a Moderator of a few of them and the search function of most respected forums works just fine.

I never had a problem searching a VBulletin or MyBB powered forum.

Yes the Google trick is what I have being using for a while but why do we have to navigate away from the forum to perform a search and come back when it should be done right from here?

I am also a member of a private community that uses IP.Board as their forum software and the search function there works wonders.

P0s3id0n

Google's search function is pretty much crap as well... it's algorithm is designed to make them money and pulls up tons of non-related content.

I religiously use the "Search within the site" extension for Chrome when searching in these forums... it rocks! :)

Hey all,

I want to make sure I understand - you're talking about the latest search on our updated forum, accessed here: http://www.ubotstudio.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=search&search_in=forums

We had hoped updating to the latest IPB version would improve the search.

the problem isnt what it returns, but what your able to search.

there are certain things set in the administration panel for keywords, that are blocked from being able to search them.

as well a minimum search string length

Hey all,

I want to make sure I understand - you're talking about the latest search on our updated forum, accessed here: http://www.ubotstudi...earch_in=forums

We had hoped updating to the latest IPB version would improve the search.

The search still isn't great... Or even good at all...

That's why I made this bot to help newbies:

http://www.ubotstudio.com/forum/index.php?/topic/11431-free-search-bot-for-newbies-searching-ubot-forum/

I really hope it will catch on because I feel like it can really help until the search function is fixed (probably a limitation of IPB).

Just trying to help others out ya know! ;)

• Like 1