UBot Underground

You Don't Need Dev To Create a Great HTML UI

Hi all,

as the title says you do not need the Developers Edition to create an HTML UI for uBot.

Not only do they look great, but they can also add additional functionality to your bots that are not possible with the standard UI.

Here's a simple little demo bot that will give you an idea of what you can do:example ui.ubot

Cheers,

Darryl.

• Like 2

Excellent work man - I think this is a great tool even for dev licence holders

Just gonna think how I could use it then might buy

super cool though - thanks

Actually - I can use this to enter inside of my dev licence UI html panel field

Maybe you could add a few more controls to make it into a UI builder for Dev licence holders also - Maybe add some height and width attributes

Abs

Nice work around! That is worthy of a +1

The only thing you need to fix is adding a "\" to your nav.html path. Then it will work. I had to fix it before I could run it.

Actually - I can use this to enter inside of my dev licence UI html panel field

Maybe you could add a few more controls to make it into a UI builder for Dev licence holders also - Maybe add some height and width attributes

Abs

Thanks Abs,

yeh I had planned on using it in conjuncntion with the dev html but I put off getting the dev for too long and now I can't get it.

Regarding the height and width attributes you can change the width and height settings for the table if that is what you were referring to.

Darryl.

The only thing you need to fix is adding a "\" to your nav.html path. Then it will work. I had to fix it before I could run it.

Thats strange. It works perfectly as is for me.

Darryl.

This is what I see when I tried it after downloading.

http://screencast.com/t/eigs1IgfH

I absolutely hate using the "$application folder" so I replaced it and used the "special files - desktop" along with the "\" and it worked great. Then I did the same for the navigate node.

Thanks Abs,

yeh I had planned on using it in conjuncntion with the dev html but I put off getting the dev for too long and now I can't get it.

Regarding the height and width attributes you can change the width and height settings for the table if that is what you were referring to.

Darryl.

Hi - with the dev version, the UI html panel takes the place of the standard UI panel that is placed above the browser- So aligning left and right will also be important along with adding a height on the body area which will create a frame around the ui fields - Not sure if that makes sense -

Theres a great tutorial in the tutorials section - im sure you'll get a much better idea then myself what controls would be good -

I guess we could use your tool to build the html code and then make a few adjustments to work with the height -

I did watch the video you posted which was super cool - but can not recall seeing the table properties tab - Not sure if it allows rows and columns - which would also be important

I havnt really played with the UI field in the Dev licence and I guess its because it takes me too long trying to play around with it - so this is deff a tool I will be getting

what about updates , free for life? :)

how about templates -

Thanks

Abs

This is what I see when I tried it after downloading.

http://screencast.com/t/eigs1IgfH

I absolutely hate using the "$application folder" so I replaced it and used the "special files - desktop" along with the "\" and it worked great. Then I did the same for the navigate node.

Yup - I had to change it too - wouldnt load the file - so change the saved location and also the navigate option - then it worked

Hi - with the dev version, the UI html panel takes the place of the standard UI panel that is placed above the browser- So aligning left and right will also be important along with adding a height on the body area which will create a frame around the ui fields - Not sure if that makes sense -

what about updates , free for life? :)

how about templates -

Thanks

Abs

Changed the demo bot so it should work now, thanks for pointing that out.

I think I understand what you mean Abs. I think you are getting at having a constant ui on the left, right or both sides that does not go away when you navigate to some url as in the video of the UI Builder.

I tried to use that setup for a regular bot that navigates to a web page, but unfortunately you need to use iframes and I cannot find a way to choose attributes of a web page in an iframe.

So I have not been able to find a way to keep the UI's constantly on the left or wherever when the bot has to navigate to a web page.

Yeh any updates will be free.

Haven't included any templates as its real easy to create your own.

Darryl.

I did watch the video you posted which was super cool - but can not recall seeing the table properties tab - Not sure if it allows rows and columns - which would also be important

Missed this part before.

As it is it only uses one table cell. I thought about the option of multiple cells but thought there was no real advantage as I cannot use iframes for regular bots and so cannot keep the UI in place constantly. But even using just one cell can greatly improve the look and feel of a bot and you can lead a user through the required steps in a much more user friendly way.

Regards

Darryl.

Missed this part before.

As it is it only uses one table cell. I thought about the option of multiple cells but thought there was no real advantage as I cannot use iframes for regular bots and so cannot keep the UI in place constantly. But even using just one cell can greatly improve the look and feel of a bot and you can lead a user through the required steps in a much more user friendly way.

Regards

Darryl.

Hi Darryl

Sorry if I confused you - I didnt mean a iframe - I meant a table frame like John or Botbuddy show on the tutorial

The columns and rows would be very important to Dev licence holders along with being able to merge cells as we can then create a nice html panel in the actual bot instead of having to write to the browser and have users follow the steps -

I think its a super cool idea - but of course for Dev licence holders then we are able to load the bots with the html UI - so if you was able to work on the script a little then im sure it will be appealing to Dev licence holders - as it stands im sure many would enjoy designing their bots this way - I think its certainly an out of the box idea so well done -

Just a few tweaks and I can see this being the one stop skin creator for all dev users too :-)

thanks

abs

Hi Abs,

well its taken me a while but I think I'm on the same page as you now. I have been talking about using a UI in the browser area but you have been talking about the top html section for dev. It all makes sense now.

Yeh that tool I made would not work for that, and it would be very difficult and time consuming to try and get it to build the html with multiple cells for using in the top section, for me anyway. I might have a bit of a play when I get the chance to see if I might be able to do it, but I'm not real hopeful.

Regards

Darryl.

Hey Darryl,

Great idea! I've been working with the boys at ubot in the same area but there seems to be only one thing that messes up the mix. I've been wanting to be able to spawn seperate windows in IE within the main window like you can in the ui panel, but it's currently not easily done at this time.

Some time in the past, Seth had to overcome the popup windows problem by blocking all windows that could pop up. I've tried to talk Seth into building in even a switch to allow selected windows to open, but no luck. This particular issue is not important to Ubot. :angry:

So, I tell you all this is because if UBot felt it was important, you could have a super great product on your hands!

Frank

We certainly do care about these issues! The problem is that the customization you suggested would take a lot of time and resources to implement into this version. Expect that it will be taken care of in UBot Studio 4 however!

My apologizes on the complaint, was a very frustrating morning, and I do know you folks are trying hard. I guess it doesn't help that I'm sitting on a pretty important deal that hinges on this feature.

Frank

Yeh I think I know what you mean Frank. To be able to control two seperate browsers in the browser area would be great.

I look forward to see what you've done with the new version Seth.

Abs, I am pretty confident that I will be able to include the ability to build the html for the top ui area in the dev version, will send you a pm.

Darryl.

Great work Darryl,

I have been working on similar things for a while. My upcoming bots will show alot of new techniques and designs that can be implemented by Ubot.

Praney

• 2 years later...

this looks like an old thread but I'll give it a shot.  I downloaded the file but it says that it is not a valid ubot 4 file.  Anyone know where to get an updated version for this example?

this looks like an old thread but I'll give it a shot.  I downloaded the file but it says that it is not a valid ubot 4 file.  Anyone know where to get an updated version for this example?

Yeh that was 2 years ago and I made that with version 3. This is the updated and latest version:

http://www.ubotstudio.com/forum/index.php?/topic/12732-sell-drag-drop-ui-buildernow-with-css-jquery/