UBot Underground

Remote verification of username and password

I have seen people discussing the use of bots and PHP. I decided to share a little system (Ubot & PHP) that would allow you to have user names verified by your server.

After working on Ubot for about a week, I have found that it can be enhanced with the use of PHP. This is a great product and works well with PHP.

If you look at the PHP script you notice that I added a little bonus.

The link is to my website that has the download.

Username & Passord example system.

HTH

LMK

• Like 3

Not bad. You should package a .htaccess file in there to block people from viewing those login.txt files. As it stands now, if someone recognizes that they're using this login script, they can easily just view the list of valid logins.

Also, you should add verification to form.php so that the admin must login before the list of valid logins is viewable in that textarea box.

A few necessary security tweaks. ;)

Thanks for the Comments!

1nspire: I'm not sure what link is a problem. I check the link here and the download. Was it inside the "System" or did the "Bad Link Post Fairy" make it go away? In that case thank you, Fairy!

Jim:I knew I had holes, I just didn't know how BIG! LOL I will change it, since I'm sure some people will be using it EXACTLY the way I posted it! I will probably see it being sold on DP later today!:)

Glad I didn't do what I was planning on doing yesterday. Which was to make something very similar. I was going to make it for licenses and not really for login/password but it's pretty much the same thing.

Guess it saves me some work now, thanks. :)

BTW - I fixed your link. It was broken.

BTW - I fixed your link. It was broken.

Thanks and Sorry I called you a "Fairy"!

Not that there is anything wrong with being a Fairy! :)

Congrats on Your Promotion to "C.P.O. of the Moderators"

Thanks and Sorry I called you a "Fairy"!

Not that there is anything wrong with being a Fairy! :)

Congrats on Your Promotion to "C.P.O. of the Moderators"

Thanks. Think this is a billion times easier being a moderator vs at Digital Point. Maybe because I haven't had to moderate anything here too. :)

Niche communities are a joy to moderate. Big boards suck. :)

A suggestion I'd like to make.

1. Set a process which will send an email if a licence key is requested more than 30 times in a 24 hour period.

2. Does the access record the IP of the user, or just the date of connection, could the IP be added?

Good start.

Glad to see someone really harnessing the combined power of PHP and UBot. I've been convinced for a while that this is the way to go for REALLY powerful stuff, and I'll probably do so myself in the near future.

Nice share U_G!

Jonathan

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi

How are you guys getting this to work - Ive added new usernames and passwords in the following format{samsally} in the www.mydomain.com/form.php but when i run the bot and use the username sam and password sally it still returns bad - also for some reason the script continues -

Am i doing something wrong -

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Buddy

just wondering if you managed to get it to work - if so could you let me know how

thanks

Just posted a script that I got a guy to make for me few weeks ago. Check this out..

http://ubotstudio.com/forum/index.php?/topic/3858-a-simple-license-key-validation-php-script-for-your-bots/

• 1 year later...