UBot Underground

Hello Ubot team.

the last patches for V5 where really quickly. We are now at 5.0.9

There is still a huge list of open support tickets and bug reports. 

Some of them are major issues in some of the basic ubot functions. 

Which prevents us from using V5 for the more complex projects. 

All the easy stuff works, but when it get's tricky that's where you will run into some of the V5 limitations.

It would be really great if a Staff member could update us about the upcoming releases and when we could expect 5.1 5.x?

Thanks in advance for your open feedback.

Kindest regards

Dan

Edited by dan
  • Like 1

Hi Dan

If you have any questions regarding plans for UBot 5 for our staff, please go to support.ubotstudio.com and open a ticket there.

Our staff are located at our support center and we will happily answer any questions you might have through the appropriate portal.

See you there!

• Like 1

I also wonder what the plans are, and I think also most of the community does as well, so why couldn't we get the answers here so we can all get an idea about what's going on behind UBot?

• Like 1

I think UBot team should find a way to be able to compile for Mac and Linux.

That would be a KILLER AWESOME feature for us all UBot Dev owners (and monthly members for update).

It could be done somehow, I have seen many people using Mono: http://www.mono-project.com/Mono%3aOSX

What you think guys?

• Like 1

I think UBot team should find a way to be able to compile for Mac and Linux.

That would be a KILLER AWESOME feature for us all UBot Dev owners (and monthly members for update).

It could be done somehow, I have seen many people using Mono: http://www.mono-project.com/Mono%3aOSX

What you think guys?

Well.. I would be happy if they could fix the remaining bugs.

rodaN
the problem here is that ubot use Net Framework 4

im not sure but in Mono we got V3 yet.

I was try to run it under Linux with POL and Wine and the Programs starts but Grafik was unuseable.
and by the way on Linux are many other Possibletys to automate Webstuff

Python gotta nice Library for that and even Gambas with a BASIClike Language

has good Libs and also a GUI for Programming.

But im with you  a Linuxport and Macport would be great

on the other side... like dan wrote  a stable version would be big!

and the team has even under windows many probs for continual updates

a queer notion if there have to do that on Linux and OSX too :) :)

@blumi40  @dan Its really interesting having this discussions that overcome Ubot programming.

I plan connecting Laravel Auth (still newbie but might take about 4 months to learn it right) system with UBot just for the love of contributing with this community in the first place.

Ubot its not just a tool, its a way to beginners start learning web automation and many other technologies.

The past month I started to curious about how Ubot function will be like in PHP, then on Python (BeautifulSoup) and Javascript.

Im currently sticking with Javascript since its a great language for using clients computer power, Im intermediate on PHP and I have made some of inventions there that I have planned to integrate with laravel, but in the meantime, I just saw that we can use Jquery inside UBot, so thats an awesome big field for including many JS libraries into it!

Just by chance, do you know a good Installer that can help me install Python when installing the software? It would be awesome to use Python on my software without making my client to install Python in their computer. How can I achieve this automatically on installing? Also adding an icon to the desktop and so?

Linux would be a better path than Mac.  There are far more techies in the Windows & Linux worlds than Mac.

Last time I counted there were like 3 techies in the Mac closet.  LOL

Buddy

Actually MAC is a pretty solid platform when Using Adobe CC and MAMP.

Also since is a POSIX system as Linux it makes it a whole easier to work when using composer.

But yes, I prefer Linux for my main VPS

http://www.activestate.com/  has a good installer

but by the way u even dont must install python also same with php

if u got the runtimes  and the lib u need u can place in every tmpdirectory where u want

the only goal to install  python direct is that there do a shortcut in the Win Envoirment 

but even that is doable by hand if needet.

there are many option to use linuxtools with ubot on windows  if u know a bit about cygwin

u can do many things u miss with windows and ubot...

what i do is...
when my client starts the first time the bot the bot loads also

modified php and python from my server which i provide as zipfiles

that brings me a bit more flexibilty with updates etc...

but at the moment im more on do automation on linuxplattform  and also on MS with AutoIT

becaus e Awesonium is absolute horror and the team dont provide stable updates.

and at the end if u develop for clients who needs stable solution ubot is exactly the wrong methode. 

Hi Dan

If you have any questions regarding plans for UBot 5 for our staff, please go to support.ubotstudio.com and open a ticket there.

Our staff are located at our support center and we will happily answer any questions you might have through the appropriate portal.

See you there!

Hi Miriam,

I followed your advice and opened a support ticket to get some answers. But unfortunately they didn't get back to me.

Not sure if the ubot team is currently on vacation? But it got very silent during the last 3 weeks.

Dan

Hi Miriam,

I followed your advice and opened a support ticket to get some answers. But unfortunately they didn't get back to me.

Not sure if the ubot team is currently on vacation? But it got very silent during the last 3 weeks.

Dan

Hello Dan,

Your question was submitted yesterday, and has since been forwarded to someone who can help you with your concerns about your issue.

Hello Dan,

Your question was submitted yesterday, and has since been forwarded to someone who can help you with your concerns about your issue.

Ah, thought you are on vacation as well :-)

Great to hear that. Thanks in advance for your reply. 

Really looking forward to the new updates and the future of ubot studio.

Dan

• 1 month later...

Hi Dan

See you there!

Good call, Lilly!  (lol, I don't understand...  if you're gonna use a fake name and a fake profile pic, then why not just create a new account rather than use your old one?)

Good call, Lilly!  (lol, I don't understand...  if you're gonna use a fake name and a fake profile pic, then why not just create a new account rather than use your old one?)

Not sure if I understand that? Who is Lilly? 

Dan

Not sure if I understand that? Who is Lilly? 

Dan

That's the previous nickanme of MiriamMB, not sure if the person behind it also changed.

Lilly T was a Nickname on the forum and in other places for a long time.

Miriam MB is my name, hence why the profile is the same.

Lilly T was a Nickname on the forum and in other places for a long time.

Miriam MB is my name, hence why the profile is the same.

Nice to know, I though we lost another crew member. :)

So what did they tell you Dan. Or does everybody on the forum has to go and open a support ticket to ask ? Just wondering

I got an "official" answer like:  We are working very hard on the new release. But we can't give you an exact time at the moment. 

The default answer you get from every software company when you ask about the future :-)

Dan

Hi Dan and all,

I'm new on the forum and have been considering buying UBOT Studio for a couple of months. I just received a contract to write a scrapper. I can either write it in .NET like other programs I have written or get UBOT Studio and use that.

Since there are questions on the forum about whether UBOT has a developer and went the next update will come, do you suggest that I hold off buying it or would you go ahead?

Thanks for anyone who would like to give input.

Arunner26

Edited by arunner26

I would buy now and start learning UBot.  The longer you wait the longer you will be behind your bot projects that you would like to do.

Version 4 is the way to go right now.  I have been using UBot since version 2 days.  V5 is coming along but right now v4 is the best path.  So as a trainer I cannot stress enough to jump on in and start to learn it.

Buddy

Thanks for the input Buddy. I am surprised to hear you recomend version 4 though. I thought 5 had been out for quite a while. Is it really so bad that you recomend version 4?

Arunner26

Its not that its bad, its just v4 is very stable, v5 can be described as getting stable. If its a development tool for building a scraper your after, you can't get a faster development tool than ubot i would say.