UBot Underground

WTF is this,29 pr month??!!

This one goes to Seth,

Today i woke up and checked my mail and noticed a mail from ubot studio saying my sub is nearly expired and i have to pay 29 pr month.When i bought ubot and spend 700$ there is not a single place in the terms and conditions that there will be a 29 pr month fee.If this is the case then i will let some of my company lawyers take a look.

I know for a fact that you can NOT suddenly start changing shit around like this.

Im not to sure about the laws in US but i know my stuff here and that should be enough,considering that you can even sue macdonalds in the US because the god damn coffee is to hot.

The laws in my country is simple,if i had to pay a monthly fee it should be stated in the terms and conditions when i bought the software.The term and conditions are stored with a goverment company that handles the registration of your LEGIT buisiness and you have to pay a fee everytime you change your terms.If you decide to change your terms and conditions you have to send out a mail to all your customers that the terms and conditions was changed,BUT you can NOT charge your old members that bought ubot before the new terms of conditions was made.

I do not care about the money but i am not happy getting scammed and it's pissing me off.

If i have to send my lawyers it's going to cost a shit load of money,but i do not care because in the end the bill will fall on your doorstep.

But before i put them to work i want to hear your story,when was the last time you changed the terms and conditions?

I'm not talking about the terms in the software when you start up but i am talking about the terms and conditions that are stored by the goverment.

So before i go further with this are you sure you have all your shit together,and what you are doing is LEGAL??

If this post just gets deleted without any answers then i will send my information to my lawyers!!

subscription

Your license includes 3 months of free unlimited software updates and bug fixes. After 3 months you will have the option to subscribe to updates for as low as $29 a month.

Do remember that even if you don't subscribe to upgrades, your license will still remain valid for life and you can keep using the version you last downloaded before your subscription expired.

What it fails to tell you is even if you cancel your subscription the complier will still get updated

And the effects on your current version will not always positive

At one time this subscription was about 5 dollars

The subscription price was edited after i bought ubot and is not valid for me and that's what i am saying.

The monthly update fee was raised last year sometime. I believe it was more than 3 or 4 months ago, so if your 3 months of free updates has just recently expired than you must have purchased it sometime after the increase. If not, you should submit a support ticket as I don't think there is much the forum can do to help you.

I am pretty sure it was not last year,i think it was begin this year.

When i bought ubot there was talk about a 5$ monthly fee.

But what i am pretty sure about is that when i bought ubot it should state the amount i have to pay on my order.

Anyway when i bought ubot there was something about a monthly fee but as long as the price was not stated im sure it's not valid.

Changing prices on the website does not mean anything if the terms and conditions was not updated at the same time.

Here in my country you have customer rights,myself as company owner i have had a lot to do with this stuff.

If i am going to charge my customers a monthly fee i got to change my terms and conditions stored by the goverment.

If i do NOT update the information stored by the gov then its not valid.

This is to protect the customers from shit like this,so my customers can just ask for the information stored at the current time they bought anything and if it is not stated in the terms and conditions at the time they bought the product its NOT valid.

And just a text with there will be a monthly fee after 3 months is not enough,the customer has to know the exact price and not just there will be a monthly fee.

I am pretty sure that US has a law on this just like my country and if not then they might have to follow the law in my country because your selling your products outside US.

I also was upgrade last week from Pro to Dev Version there charge me 199$ for this upgrade

but i only upgrade from 4.097 pro to 4.097 Dev...for the lastes updated version i have to pay the monthly fee.

Everyone know what a upgrade means get the news and better version.

But not with mitser seth...he got other rulez!

Here in germany thats not legal 100% and i also think about to handle with lawyer.

Im ready to pay for thinks like BotBank and tools around Ubot but im not ready to pay again and again for a stable version i bought before.

I also know that this thread will be delete by the master him self. because critic are not allowed here.

Seems that there should be some sort of tiered rate here.. As a Dev license holder, all within a one month span (standard to pro to dev) I really do feel slighted especially considering the expense and the fact Im still struggling over what would be basic obsticles to most of you.. This is more of a hobby for me, at $29 a month I certainly expect to see more than the odd coded bot source..

Account management bot examples

Email processing routines

Scraping bot examples

list management examples

Proper way to secure our created bots

And far more are what I need to make a successful bot..

Personally Ive been trying to click every link in a scraped table of emails for about a month now, dont think I need to pay monthly for fruastrations..

This just doesn't seem fair to me and I hate having to cry about it but its that or move on

• Like 1

The UBotCompany would be nothing without the power of users who use there software to do bots to shows the world how automation works. so for me thats near stupid that a company charge tons of money from his folks who brings that software on top. i also was talking about think around ubot at the skype group, the results was i was banned! cause critic not allowed!

But i know one thing well....companys who plays like that with her clients dont liv long and succesfull and its a question of time there change his politics...

I dont accept like there doing that and i want figth for my right!

Before i sponsor this shit i will burn my money !!

Fairness and loyalty are missed !!

Not to burst anyone's bubble but it does say very clearly at the point of purchase exactly what you are getting when you buy the software... purchasing it and using it and coming back 3 months later to try to renegotiate the terms hardly seems cricket and it seems to me that the only grounds for complaint (both legally and morally) are if a genuine mistake was made concerning the date of purchase... in which case a simple support ticket outta sort things... http://ubotstudio.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.gif

I do not agree with you on this mate,it never stated that it would be a 29$ fee.They have added that information at a later point,i checked all my mails and my payments from paypal and it is not stated anywhere.

If it was stated on the day i purcased it it would be a diffrent story.

I did not buy ubot to sell any bots,but to play around with whenever i got some spare time.So paying a monthly fee for a bot bank that i am never going to use is just stupid.

I do not agree with you on this mate,it never stated that it would be a 29$ fee.They have added that information at a later point,i checked all my mails and my payments from paypal and it is not stated anywhere.

If it was stated on the day i purcased it it would be a diffrent story.

I did not buy ubot to sell any bots,but to play around with whenever i got some spare time.So paying a monthly fee for a bot bank that i am never going to use is just stupid.

100% agree !

well, if the monthly fee is to support the bankbot hosting, we should be able to choose if we want the bankbot or not and then have access to a bankbot free Ubotstudio at a much cheaper price.

• Like 1

I just need to know when is this magical sale date that if you purchased after you cant update your software?

Is this v4 a final stable release and where can I download the 3.5 version?

Lol, well I guess you can't please everyone. I assure you all that I stand behind UBot's business practices 100% and we have nothing to hide or to be ashamed about. To the OP - if you want to sue us, I wholeheartedly endorse your right to do so.

To all those who made reasonable complaints, there's some real food for thought there. Our business model isn't set in stone for all eternity, and we're always looking for better ways to cover our high monthly development and upkeep costs, while providing our customers with the sort of options that will keep them (well, most of them) happy and feeling as though they have a good relationship with the company.

We're not too affected by people who like to make threats just to get free stuff, but we're always open to hearing new ideas and finding ways we can improve things.

The UBotCompany would be nothing without the power of users who use there software to do bots to shows the world how automation works. so for me thats near stupid that a company charge tons of money from his folks who brings that software on top. i also was talking about think around ubot at the skype group, the results was i was banned! cause critic not allowed!

But i know one thing well....companys who plays like that with her clients dont liv long and succesfull and its a question of time there change his politics...

I dont accept like there doing that and i want figth for my right!

Before i sponsor this shit i will burn my money !!

Fairness and loyalty are missed !!

I don't actually have the ability to ban anyone from the skype group. You were banned by the owner for being disruptive and not adding anything to it. As for the forum, criticism is always allowed, but being disrespectful to my staff or other members is not something we tolerate.

I don't actually have the ability to ban anyone from the skype group. You were banned by the owner for being disruptive and not adding anything to it. As for the forum, criticism is always allowed, but being disrespectful to my staff or other members is not something we tolerate.

i didnt wrote u banned me ????

Can you please clarify the date..

You get 3 months of free updates, and after that you can subscribe to further updates. If you're confused about where you stand with it, please open a ticket at support.ubotstudio.com and they can look at your account.

Lol, well I guess you can't please everyone. I assure you all that I stand behind UBot's business practices 100% and we have nothing to hide or to be ashamed about. To the OP - if you want to sue us, I wholeheartedly endorse your right to do so.

To all those who made reasonable complaints, there's some real food for thought there. Our business model isn't set in stone for all eternity, and we're always looking for better ways to cover our high monthly development and upkeep costs, while providing our customers with the sort of options that will keep them (well, most of them) happy and feeling as though they have a good relationship with the company.

We're not too affected by people who like to make threats just to get free stuff, but we're always open to hearing new ideas and finding ways we can improve things.

Make threaths to get free stuff,you got to be kidding me!!

I give away more free stuff pr week than you earn with ubot in a month.

It's not about the money its about you trying to milk your poor customers for every penny they got.

What the hell is this then? http://web.archive.org/web/20110424031145/http://ubotstudio.com/faq.aspx

This was the old faqs,i admit some things was added and i think you had lowered the 1 year free updates to 3 months at the time i bought it,but there for sure was NO 29$ pr MONTH!|!!!!!!|!!

Some of us actual read the faqs before buying anything........

If your going to run a buisiness you got to know the laws and not just decide to screw people over.

Here you got the laws that are valid in EU :

Explains the concrete rights of European consumers surfing the web or shopping online, thanks to 25 years of EU consumer protection rules. Also when online, European consumers have a right to:

- clear information about prices and conditions before making a purchase;

- decide if and how their personal data is treated;

- delivery sent in 30 days after purchase;

- a "cooling-off" period of at least 7 working days after purchase during which they can change their mind;

- a minimum 2 year guarantee on products purchased;

- protection against rogue vendors, unfair contractual terms and commercial practices.

Sure you can raise the monthley fee but then you got to do it the right way and not sneak in the new fee without informing your customers.

I will take a example from one of my own companys:

This year the stamp prices whent up so i have to pay more for stamps and that is making my shipping costs higher.

I have a fixed shipping price but due to the price increase on stamps i have to raise the shipping costs.

Just to raise the shipping costs i have to change my terms and conditions,so i have to contact the company that has my terms (in US they may be hold by a attorney if im not wrong).

So i need to add the new fixed price in the terms,then i got to send them to the company so that they can update the terms with the new information.After that is done i have to send a email,mail,phone or write a letter to all my customers that the shipping price has gone up.Everytime i change the terms then i have to pay.

You have added more stuff to the faqs that is good,but there are still things you need to do to do it the right way.But you can NOT charge me 29$ because when i signed up the price was 5$ and NOT 29$

To prevent more mess i suggest you add the fee that the user has to pay to the conformation mail and to the paypal mail.Then the user knows what he has to pay and has no reason to come back and make a scene.

I will also submit 1 ticked to try to resolve this.

To all those who made reasonable complaints, there's some real food for thought there.

As far as I know it’s impossible for the end user to cancel all updates, as the software relies to much on your servers to function, So even if the end user is happy with their current version, we cannot stop your team, form making changes on your servers, which in turn affects how our software works/performs , So in my eyes we where never really sold the software as described, but where sold a frontend GUI. Now I understand part of this is for your software protection. But the end user should have full control over the end product or there is little point in paying for it.

Also I fill you need to explained what is inside the bot bank that an end user can’t do for themselves as this has escalated the cost of updates by almost 500 percent.

Myself I see it as a plugin not a software update, so it should not of been forced onto every users pc but have been made a option,

I understand there’s a cost to software development and was supporting it until I felt their was more of a negative effect for me then positive. But this should not include bug fixes

• Like 2

Seth.

What costs u mean?

We talk about a one-men show!

U -> the big buizmen

Eddie -> the onemen DeveloperTeam :)

and Lilly -> the support Team

And a couple of freelancer who helps people

So thats what i see....u looking for reason to milk the cow

If i buy a Software for round about 700$ i can expect that the software i buy runs stable. If it dont, i can expect the i get Bugfixupdates for free! The stuff u sell around that software aka botBank and other thinks u cant link with the Bugfixes and tells people..."if u need bugfixes u also get addons and if u get addons u have to pay for"

If i get the calculation i see a software that costs about in the middle 400$ and if i project this to 1000 licences i get $400.000 . Not Bad or?

So whats the reason u cant get enougth? Whats your buizmodell? Sell Software or to let Software?

What u try here is sell your stuff for alot of money and after sell get fee with montly Bugfixes and things some people dont want.

your arrguments that noone must get this updates are fail because whitout sign to that feeshit i also cant get Bugfixes. And this is my rigth because i bougth a software that gots guarantee .

I was geting my license at the 13 of sept last year and in your terms & condition u gave me 1 year free update i never ever was accept new conditions who cuts my free updaterigth...if so...show me maybe i was totaly drunkend!

i even would pay 5$ per months until the end of this year...u made the deal i was getting this deal and now i insist that.

• Like 1