UBot Underground

Auto run a sub/custom command when bot is opened?

Is there any way to auto-run part of a bot when it's opened?

I'm trying really hard to find a way to pre-load a previous project and/or some kind of default project possibly via a file somehow.

For example, when the bot opens a custom command runs that pre-populates data into ubot from a .txt or .csv file.

• 2 months later...

Hey John,

Thanks for the reply. Any chance this is on the to do list, or even being considered. Doesn't seem like it would be that hard to implement, and I could see many uses for it. :)

I.E.- Auto-populating ui elements when the bot is opened to simplify thing for potential clients...

This is something being considered, we're not sure on the best way to implement it yet.

Right now our idea would be to have a node like "initialize" which you could put commands in that you want to be run when you open your bot file.

It might look something like this:

initialize {
 set(#x, 10, "Global")
 navigate("google.com")
}

So then when the user opened your bot it would set #x to 10 and navigate to google. Setting variables could be useful to give the UI default values.

If you have critiques on that idea or suggestions of a better way to handle this problem let me know.

This is something being considered, we're not sure on the best way to implement it yet.

Right now our idea would be to have a node like "initialize" which you could put commands in that you want to be run when you open your bot file.

initialize {
 set(#x, 10, "Global")
 navigate("google.com")
}

So then when the user opened your bot it would set #x to 10 and navigate to google. Setting variables could be useful to give the UI default values.

If you have critiques on that idea or suggestions of a better way to handle this problem let me know.

I think that seems like a good way to handle it.

Very straight forward, and I believe would work out very well.

Great to see it being considered.

Thanks,

Justin

i think that would also be a great idea.

reasons such as remotely updating lists elements that are able to be chosen from a dropdown, or list box, variables, etc..

anything for that matter that would be good to pre-load on start up would be great.

initialize {
 set(#x, 10, "Global")
 navigate("google.com")
}

That would be a good way of achieving it, I could use it in that way.

Looking forward to seeing it in a future update !

Phil