UBot Underground

Test Your uBot Skills

As I trudge along learning the in's and out's of uBot, I often wish there were a easier way to grasp some things. This is what prompted me see if you would be interested in helping to create uBot Challenges. Each challenge would highlight a specific function (or set of functions), the challenge participants would have to create a bot to overcome the challenge. In the process they would be learning to bot more efficiently as they participated. They would also be able to see the bots other members created to over come the same challenge.

In a CSS forum I frequent they do something like this. They get a lot of activity in the "Test your CSS" threads. I would like to see something of the sorts here. Would you be willing to come up with some ideas for challenges? I am pretty new to uBot... while I may be able to come up with some ideas, I would not be readily able to provide solutions.

Do you think this idea has any merit?

Share your thoughts below. I would look forward to reading them!

Jay

I think is a good idea, but I am not sure as people with skill are quite busy. So unless there is a reward or something, not sure if someone would participate.

Although it could be a great learning curve cutter for newbies trying to learn Ubot.

I will participate, challenges are not so hard. And i m sure there will be lots of participants. True skilled masters are maybe bussy, but if they are so bussy that they cant show off they skills they will sure grab that 5 minutes and show off(since money they dont have if they are so bussy, they are rich) and grab that audience applause and be famed.

This could be fun.

I guess it would be a matter of coming up with how everything would be setup.

IE:

If any prizes

Who judges it

What types of challenges

In what format to you submit your entry (video, exe, raw code)

Not necessarily in that order. But i think you can understand from that as for structure.

Prizes are not important for first several chalenges. But later if many will participate we could maybe find sponsor.

Types of chalenges should be using commands to do simple things. Like we go to scripting problem forum and there we see many requests for tutorial or even better how to (will like to see how you guys click identical facebook buttons on same page) and things like that. I m sure there are many though spots that requires using several commands.

JUDGES:

well shortest code and fastest will win, IMO. Raw code would be simple or if to help others picture of node view would do same. Exe makes no sense because nobody will have any use from it.

I am not sure but if its intersting enough then I am in..

Not something huge and very time consuming and some not of commercial nature at all. But must be complex to test the skills.

So maybe start putting in suggestions for the contest..

But yes who will judge...?

Well how about a BADGE under the name or something for a award..

Seth & Company what do you say..?

Thank you for your support! This is going to be great!

Let's come up with some idea's for the initial challenges...

I'd like to see the first challenge go live in the next few days.

Jay