UBot Underground

Odd new problem

I'm running 3.342 and it is giving a weird new error. I have ui text box that sets a variable and then right after it, I'm setting the same variable to it's variable name with some text after. Now, first run after a 'refresh' all works well. But if I run the bot again, it will take the variable as it's last set value and add on the addition again.

From what I understand, the variable SHOULD reset when run again to the text box value. Am I wrong in this?

post-504-12876265813254_thumb.jpg

Frank

Hi Frank,

Yes you are right it should update from the new input.

It is working fine for me did a little sample for me, I am using the same version as you.

But if I didn't get you right please post me up.

Sample attached;

Praney

Frank_Sample.ubot

I ran your example by pressing the 'play' button twice and this is the result...

post-504-12876746013579_thumb.jpg

In my opinion, every time I click the play button, the value SHOULD be set to the value in the ui text box. Nothing else makes sense.

Frank

I actually agree with both of you.

Frank it does make sense that it should be a new run with fresh data, however, I think of it like this. If you ran a bot that created a list but did not include a "clear list"command a second run of that bot would add to the previous list. My thoughts on this are because you are still in the same "instance" (of the bot). Data doesn't clear by virtue of hitting the stop button or completing a run.

Now, this is only how I see this, and I would only be right if the bot worked correctly on the first run, but not the successive runs. Just a thought.

John

Thank you all. To me, the variables should be set every run, not just on changes. To do what I want to do, I will have to use a 2nd variable, calling the first. A bit sideways in my opinion but it will do.

Frank