UBot Underground

alright let me answer a few of these questions. the pro license will probably be ready first, and then the dev license shortly after. I can't give a definite time, but I'd like for both to be done by the end of the month. we haven't set a definite price yet, and I don't want to estimate, because then I'll have to stick to it.

someone asked about protecting scripts. we do have a way to do that now - by selling your bot through the bot store. bot store bots are protected with the same kind of protection that ubot studio has.

we have decided to add the windows and input commands to the pro version. this will be a really great feature, because it will cut through previous limitations. flash will be no problem, nor will advanced javascript features, like drag and drop. you will also be able to control other windows program with it, if need be.

keep an eye out, because it will be ready soon. I need to be honest here - the pro version is going to be really amazing.

Hey Seth, overcoming things like flash are definitely a top priority for me. I'm keenly interested when this developement is completed and can test it in some pretty nasty places. :blink:

Frank

Hey Seth, overcoming things like flash are definitely a top priority for me. I'm keenly interested when this developement is completed and can test it in some pretty nasty places. :blink:

Frank

Hah! Get 'em Frank, get 'em! :angry: (Flash that is.)

And yeah if you got some nasty places that would be the best places to test... Nothing like testing software on an easy test and figure, okay it can handle it, then it gets a real test and it really can't handle it... (Example: Web Recorder by Macro Scheduler people)

Hah! Get 'em Frank, get 'em! :angry: (Flash that is.)

And yeah if you got some nasty places that would be the best places to test... Nothing like testing software on an easy test and figure, okay it can handle it, then it gets a real test and it really can't handle it... (Example: Web Recorder by Macro Scheduler people)

Hi TheMcD,

Don't be so pushy mate, have some patience as I said before, Seth is really upto something big.. We all will soon find out what it is.

They are going to to big improvements with Ubot I am sure with the new licenses..

Everyone like you is very curious about it including myself.. ;)

Praney

Hi TheMcD,

Don't be so pushy mate, have some patience as I said before, Seth is really upto something big.. We all will soon find out what it is.

They are going to to big improvements with Ubot I am sure with the new licenses..

Everyone like you is very curious about it including myself.. ;)

Praney

I'm not sure if you got my joking or not.

The "(Flash that is.)" was to you, to go get flash and turn it inside out when the time comes... not towards Seth. <_< and :)

What about sites that freeze ubot because they are so super big - will there also be some turaround on this?

Aka 'wait finish' when time hit then it REALLY stops loading the page and goes to another not keeps freezed.

Id pay just for this option so that my bot never freezes on big ass pages ;)

Quick question, will there be upgrade paths in terms of pricing?

Since Pro will be out first I'll want to get my hands on it right away and start testing out the new features but ultimately I'll want the developers license. I'm sure you'll have a good solution for this but I wanted to throw it out there just in case.

One Comment:

I'd like to request that each new feature released come with a description and example of it's use. It's almost better not to have the feature if those no documentation or example of its use.

I know documentation sucks to do but it will really make a world of difference.

One Comment:

I'd like to request that each new feature released come with a description and example of it's use. It's almost better not to have the feature if those no documentation or example of its use.

I couldn't agree more. :)

Quick question, will there be upgrade paths in terms of pricing?

Since Pro will be out first I'll want to get my hands on it right away and start testing out the new features but ultimately I'll want the developers license. I'm sure you'll have a good solution for this but I wanted to throw it out there just in case.

One Comment:

We wouldn't release the features without documentation. There will be documentation by the time it becomes available.

Ah who needs documentation - overrated anyhow! ;)

Einstein, I mean Frank.. eheh... :lol:

Why don't you create a bot for us that automatically generates screen shots, examples and implementation documentation.

I don't know about others, but I'd surely appreciate it. :P B) :lol:

Quick question, how is the multithreading and sockets going to work? Is it going to be as simple as current bot creation? For example am I going to be able to create a standard ubot such as :

[Navigate]

http://google.com

[Fill field]

q=test search

[Wait finish]

30 seconds

And then throw it into a "socket" container and add multiple threads or will it be a more complex process?

Einstein, I mean Frank.. eheh... :lol:

Why don't you create a bot for us that automatically generates screen shots, examples and implementation documentation.

I don't know about others, but I'd surely appreciate it. :P B) :lol:

The crazy thing is there are actually bots out there that do this 0.o

The crazy thing is there are actually bots out there that do this 0.o

Meter,

I'd like to see it. I mean a bot can only do so much and have a certain amount of logic before an operator has to "get in there".

If it's a task that is repetitive and has patterns, that stuff can be done, but without a real person looking over the final product, there would be (at least) some spots with "WTF?" is that paragraph/sentence trying to say. (Not to mention images being tagged incorrectly making its way into a document. Who wants to see a picture of a fat woman from Texas in a document talking about FW.jpg (Fort Worth Texas)).

fw search on Google Images

I'll get off my box, but what I'm really saying is teach me the techqniues. :rolleyes: :D

P.S. It's never a good thing to be thinking and trying to post @ 2:00am :)

I guess my biggest problem with all this pro and dev license stuff is that it's not included in the original price I paid for ubot. I'm not saying that I haven't gotten good use out of ubot, It was my understanding though that updates/upgrades were included in the original purchase. That said, I do greatly appreciate the time and effort that goes into developing ubot and adding features. If I could use some of the new selectors and such, I don't want to have to buy a pro or dev license to get them. I do not sell bots, but in my own work I have some areas where these features may be helpful. Possibly not helpful often enough to warrant the upgrade price.

So, I just got an idea. Could you offer the full functions of ubot for current license holders while limiting compiling of bots to the license structure? This way you know if the bots are sold, it will require ubot to run them thereby making selling them unprofitable. Here's a clip from ubots FAQ page:

"our top priority is our core audience - customers who want to automate their own business processes with UBot Studio.

The reason why we built compiling system in first place was to facilitate distribution of bots among internal teams."

I always use my bots in ubot unless something doesn't work unless compiled. So, if I have all the features available, and try to compile a bot with "pro" commands used in it, then it simply won't compile unless I buy the pro license. As long as I run my bots in ubot though, I can access the commands.

Sorry for the long post. What does everyone else think about this?

Meter,

I'd like to see it. I mean a bot can only do so much and have a certain amount of logic before an operator has to "get in there".

If it's a task that is repetitive and has patterns, that stuff can be done, but without a real person looking over the final product, there would be (at least) some spots with "WTF?" is that paragraph/sentence trying to say. (Not to mention images being tagged incorrectly making its way into a document. Who wants to see a picture of a fat woman from Texas in a document talking about FW.jpg (Fort Worth Texas)).

fw search on Google Images

I'll get off my box, but what I'm really saying is teach me the techqniues. :rolleyes: :D

P.S. It's never a good thing to be thinking and trying to post @ 2:00am :)

It's still a work in progress :P But I'm studying artificial intelligence right now in college and I can tell you that bots that generate templates for help files do exist. They need to be brushed up by humans of course (we're not there yet where AI agents can generate human readable content) but they can interpret program logic, take screenshots of various functions, and do other interesting things.

I'll try to dig up some of the more interesting things my professor has been showing us and show them to you :)

Guys/Gals,

We need to accept this.

But look in your own supply of stuff that you have. Your cars, electronics, just stuff.

By having bought a car ten years ago does that entitle you to the features that are developed in the 2011 models now? What about electronic? I have a GE Bag phone that plugs into the cigarette lighter; nothing wrong with the phone there just isn't a carrier for it. Does that mean I am entitled to a new phone Free?

I do not mean to sound harsh here but these are the facts.

What you paid for UBot a few weeks ago or a few months ago it was bought knowing what was there. Since then there has been great improvement. And you have benefited from those enhancements.

Now the product is getting prepared for the next generation. They will be more powerful and they will come at a price. What that is I have no clue and I won't even attempt to guess.

I just know that UBot has been a kicking system since I got it and not switching up to the next level is just crazy from my little boat. But that's me.

Remember. 1966 Dodge Dart versus 2011 Toyota Tundra (or whatever you want). Hmmm No brainer for me.

I guess my biggest problem with all this pro and dev license stuff is that it's not included in the original price I paid for ubot. I'm not saying that I haven't gotten good use out of ubot, It was my understanding though that updates/upgrades were included in the original purchase. That said, I do greatly appreciate the time and effort that goes into developing ubot and adding features. If I could use some of the new selectors and such, I don't want to have to buy a pro or dev license to get them. I do not sell bots, but in my own work I have some areas where these features may be helpful. Possibly not helpful often enough to warrant the upgrade price.

So, I just got an idea. Could you offer the full functions of ubot for current license holders while limiting compiling of bots to the license structure? This way you know if the bots are sold, it will require ubot to run them thereby making selling them unprofitable. Here's a clip from ubots FAQ page:

"our top priority is our core audience - customers who want to automate their own business processes with UBot Studio.

The reason why we built compiling system in first place was to facilitate distribution of bots among internal teams."

I always use my bots in ubot unless something doesn't work unless compiled. So, if I have all the features available, and try to compile a bot with "pro" commands used in it, then it simply won't compile unless I buy the pro license. As long as I run my bots in ubot though, I can access the commands.

Sorry for the long post. What does everyone else think about this?

I agree. I have stuck ubot on the back burner for now as far as new bot development goes until this licensing is all cleared up. As far as I can tell from the snippets I've read on here we can define the new licenses as:

Pro License - All the stuff people have asked for that should've been in ubot in the first place.

Dev License - Ubots way of giving users the removal of the powered by link and also a way to back pedal on the original sales pitch which clearly says ubot can be used to sell compiled bots even though it is not the primary function of ubot. Go look at the FAQ and you'll see how this is emphasized and is really the main reason I bought ubot to begin with. Then look at the recent posts that indicate selling compiled bots is actually in breach of the license!

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind paying for upgrades but to start tossing features in and then announcing two more licensing levels out of the blue but no clear pricing, ETAs, etc... uggh.

The whole approach is amaturish. If you want to offer a beta of the pro version then KEEP IT SEPERATE from the stable release. Don't ask me every time I start ubot if I want to upgrade. Don't put out a release that is declared as 'stable' that has new features that should be part of the 'pro beta'. Remember that the true definition of beta release comes AFTER an alpha release that has been tested in-house - this is clearly never done with ubot because we get beta releases that flat out don't work and have fundamental things wrong with them.

I don't want my copy of ubot to have commands on offer that are not going to available unless I upgrade. Until there is some clarity on all of this I cannot consider ubot a development tool and am now putting my time into developing stuff using another platform. When all this 'murkiness' clears up I'll review that position.

Andy

I agree. I have stuck ubot on the back burner for now as far as new bot development goes until this licensing is all cleared up. As far as I can tell from the snippets I've read on here we can define the new licenses as:

Pro License - All the stuff people have asked for that should've been in ubot in the first place.

Dev License - Ubots way of giving users the removal of the powered by link and also a way to back pedal on the original sales pitch which clearly says ubot can be used to sell compiled bots even though it is not the primary function of ubot. Go look at the FAQ and you'll see how this is emphasized and is really the main reason I bought ubot to begin with. Then look at the recent posts that indicate selling compiled bots is actually in breach of the license!

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind paying for upgrades but to start tossing features in and then announcing two more licensing levels out of the blue but no clear pricing, ETAs, etc... uggh.

The whole approach is amaturish. If you want to offer a beta of the pro version then KEEP IT SEPERATE from the stable release. Don't ask me every time I start ubot if I want to upgrade. Don't put out a release that is declared as 'stable' that has new features that should be part of the 'pro beta'. Remember that the true definition of beta release comes AFTER an alpha release that has been tested in-house - this is clearly never done with ubot because we get beta releases that flat out don't work and have fundamental things wrong with them.

I don't want my copy of ubot to have commands on offer that are not going to available unless I upgrade. Until there is some clarity on all of this I cannot consider ubot a development tool and am now putting my time into developing stuff using another platform. When all this 'murkiness' clears up I'll review that position.

Andy

I have to say Andy, I'm with you on this 100%. I really think the whole licensing thing has been balsed up. Everytime I open I get told that there are X-new features for a pro-licence that is not even on sale yet.

This means that the developers of ubot are trying to market to me like the spastic sales pages that the noobs jump on when telling them they can get 10,0000000 backlinks just by sitting on the toilet and taking a dump. I mean this is reall amateur stuff here.

I feel let down because in a very short period of time, it seems that ubot is going exactly the same way as everything else. If the ubot developers were short of a few quid, why not just fess up and tell us how much you need and we can have a whipround.

The idea of having a developer licence as a separate licence scheme for a product that noneother than a developer would actually be able to get to work, is in my book evidence of just how stagnant this whole licensing debate has become, and the extent to which the existing longterm users are about to get rinsed and washed by the licensing thing.

What tends to happen, where software companies offer lifetime licences to users at startup is that they don't offer them on new sales. I said this in a post a while ago. But what you don't do is basically annoy the group that use the tool (Andy, you've even got a commercial app out with it) to such an extent that they walk away.

Don't really understand what happened here. When I think of all the hours I spent helping the Developers here on the transition from the old version to the new (3.15etc) I really am at a loss here to understand what is going on with this great and fantastic tool.

Ninjaman.

The original question for this thread was

The question is how to get that pro license?

LillyT answered the question up at comment #2

Other questions have been answered by Seth at comments #9 and #17.

So I hereby close this thread.