UBot Underground

Install That Works With Meter's System?

Hi Everyone,

If you would be so kind can you please point me towards an Installer that I can get to work with Meter's system?

I have Inno Setup however I'm having problems getting it to work.

Do I need to add the helper files like the built in installer?  If so where do I put them?

Thanks in advance for your wisdom!

Peace,

LJ

I got it working now, was under the impression that this would take care of all of the "WARNING DON'T DOWNLOAD THIS", "Windows is protecting you from a virus..." but no, it didn't.  Grrrr...  

Do I need a Commodo cert to get this thing so that customers can download the software without thinking I'm giving them viruses?  Seriously, this is killing me, just when I thought great I'm free, there's another 2 days worth of BS left to do!

Very Very frustrating!

Peace,

LJ

Hi Learjet, 

i mentioned a few installers in another thread and they alll work with Meter's licensing, 

to save you searching for it here is what i posted before :

As far as i know there is no way to change the name of the folder within your %appdata% folder, it is a bit annoying having to direct a customer to a folder named UBot Studio if something goes wrong,

but just something we have to live with, .. 

however, if you can get past that, there are other compilers you can use to make your bot setup process look pretty and are a LOT more configurable/customisable  :)

There is a one called "Inno Script Studio" (they have a free version and it does what it says on the tin) :

https://www.kymoto.o...o-script-studio

or there is Actual Installer (I have not used this one) :

http://www.actualinstaller.com/

or there is my personal favourite which i now use for all my projects, Advanced Installer (Loads, and i mean LOADS of bells and whistles but expensive) :

http://www.advancedinstaller.com/

obviously there are probably loads of others you can also use that i havent mentioned, 

but these are a good place to start  :)

If your going to include the support files in your setup then its the same process as in UBot's setup compiler, 

and the support files will still need to be placed inside the "UBot Studio" %appdata% folder  :)

Cheers

CJ

Thanks CJ and Kreatus,

Please see the attached file in order to understand the warnings that I'm getting.

Yesterday I figured out that there are two different issues here:

• Chrome is saying that the download could be harmful to the user's machine.
  • Windows Smartscreen is throwing a warning

I added my site to Google WMT yesterday and should be done with the site today or tomorrow, so hopefully it will take care of the Chrome issue.  Then as I make some cash with my programs I'll purchase an EV certificate to take care of the smart screen issue.

Just bumps in the road...

Thanks for your help my friend!

Respectfully,

LJ

post-27387-0-96020800-1455719668_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks CJ and Kreatus,

Please see the attached file in order to understand the warnings that I'm getting.

Yesterday I figured out that there are two different issues here:

• Chrome is saying that the download could be harmful to the user's machine.
  • Windows Smartscreen is throwing a warning

I added my site to Google WMT yesterday and should be done with the site today or tomorrow, so hopefully it will take care of the Chrome issue.  Then as I make some cash with my programs I'll purchase an EV certificate to take care of the smart screen issue.

Just bumps in the road...

Thanks for your help my friend!

Respectfully,

LJ

Ahh, yes the first one ..... THE FIRST ONE!!!!!! 

That my friend has caused me I dont know how many hours of support tickets, team viewer sessions, re-builds, un-necessary updates ive had to deal with because of the browser warning, 

not to mention having to explain why probably one of the most reputable "safe" browsers wont allow even an empty bot to be downloaded, .. 

So yes I just read a few previous posts and a Digital Signature seems to be the only way to go, 

expensive for those who dont sell much to cover the cost, but i guess we arent the only ones suffering from this.

and to add to my answer to the post title, All installers will (should) be ok to use with Meter's licensing, 

however none will stop any of those warnings :(

I tend to add the Virus Total report with some of my "main stream" bots to give a customer some peace of mind, 

but again that makes no difference as they have to download it first before they can see it, 

so i usually end up brown nosing my customer to assure safe files are contained and then suggesting to use another browser to download, 

although suggesting to disable any AV and/or UAC doesnt really sound very re-assuring :/

damn it ive rambled again lol

Cheers

CJ

• 3 weeks later...

Hi CJ,

Does the advanced installer http://www.advancedinstaller.com/ version which has the digital signature solve the anti-virus problem?

As far as changing the name of the folder within your %appdata% folder, the "Ubot folder" name can be changed using a pash plugin? That's what Ive heard but not sure.

Hi CJ,

Does the advanced installer http://www.advancedinstaller.com/ version which has the digital signature solve the anti-virus problem?

As far as changing the name of the folder within your %appdata% folder, the "Ubot folder" name can be changed using a pash plugin? That's what Ive heard but not sure.

Hi cob007, 

Nope :(

To use it you need a digital sig .. which i dont have, 

however I get a lot less complaints about this type of thing if i compile a bot into a setup file, 

Im not sure you can change the name of the %appdata% folder, you can add your own %appdata% folder to use for your bot files but as far as i know the "UBot Studio" folder must remain, 

unless of course you have read something that ive missed somewhere (more than likely) 

I do know you can change the "branding" and pretty much everything else but not that folder, 

please do correct me if i am wrong :)

I think the only way to avoid the AV issue is to purchase a Digital Sig, expensive but could be worth it in the long run :)

Cheers

CJ 

So offering free bots is a nightmare with all of those warnings...

I don't know what to do now

Hi WepPro,  

long time no speak mate ;)

It can be, ..  but to be fair it is as much of a nightmare as your customer makes it, 

some will scream virus or malware, whereas others generally dont give a hoot, 

Try it out mate, 

then if you find yourself getting stressed explaining the situation over and over and over again then just end it, 

(at least by then you will have built a nice little list to send future promotions too)

Cheers

CJ