UBot Underground

No Bro, Not talking about your updates.

When is the best time to make the UI panel During creation, or after bot is done?

I'm sure the best answer is after my bot is done. Just wondering if it's easy to update the UI.

I'm glad you asked this coz it made me realize some-thing I have overlooked. Because the code you get from the builder now includes the onload code(which loads required files) and code for define commands, which is pasted directly into code view, this becomes a problem if you need to make changes and have to update your bot with a changed ui.

So to answer your question I would say after your bot is done, at least for now.

When you click on "Get Code" I will have to include an option to get the code for the ui only, to be pasted into the ui html panel, which will make updating your ui much simpler.

I won't be able to get this done straight away, but will do it as soon as I can and let you know here when it's done.

Darryl.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

http://77thcloud.com/uibuilderpro/salesthread/salesheader.png           NOTICE:   This UI Builder is no longer being sold as   I have released a much better ui builder.   You can check it out here:  

New update, feature added.   I have added the first of two types of dynamic dropdowns to the builder.   With the one that I have just added you can add up to 4 dropdowns in a "group". Dropdown two's o

Just uploaded a major update, here's whats new:   1) Completely new "tabs" which is a major improvement for creating tabbed ui's. Tabs are also draggable so you can now align them either horizontally

Posted Images

Ok cool thanks for the reply,

I was playing with it today and well ultimately failed, I'm sure it's my fault do to my lack of knowledge with UI building and your builder.

What do we put in for the variables? do we include the #?

I did both through out, I'm sure that is strike one.

I have different variable types like: #IE_var1 example and blah      what I mean I could have multiple spaces and or underscores in various combinations.

So, what would be Ideal?

Also, I created UI's then Tabs and when I added UI's to tabs the width was a lot different. I had a huge space on the right. I didn't set any width just height. So not sure what I did wrong.

When adding drop downs I never saw any of the contents of the drop downs. I have a lot of DD's. I put like in ubot, in fact I just copied from unot.

like: text A,text B,text C and it doesn't show up when I click the DD. It may be a color thing cuz not sure I set that in Theme. my UI BG is black and the DD BG text could be black as well as the text, but I think it would've at least covered anything that was underneath the DD like image or another DD. I was thinking that I would see it when complete and added to ubot.

When I added to ubot (I'm glad I saved a separate copy of my bot) I got error that something wrong with my code. Which is obviously the variables to start.

But, I must say I was just playing around to see what happens with different settings to see what I can do. I was seeing what happens where really.

Where can I add my own background?

It would be cool to have an option to add specific colors instead of having to use the gradient site for the tabs and to be able to add own background for tabs  and buttons.

Other than that this is really fun to play with and a nice break from coding with Ubot.

I likes it a lot!!

TC

What do we put in for the variables? do we include the #?

For the variable just give it a name, do not include #.

Also, I created UI's then Tabs and when I added UI's to tabs the width was a lot different. 
I had a huge space on the right. I didn't set any width just height

Got me scratching my head a bit here. Whenever I add ui's to tabs there is no change in the width. If your elements are spread over say 400 or 500 pixels and the bot is maximized you will have a lot of space on the right.

When adding drop downs I never saw any of the contents of the drop downs. I have a lot of DD's. I put like in ubot, in fact I just copied from unot.

like: text A,text B,text C and it doesn't show up when I click the DD. It may be a color thing cuz not sure I set that in Theme.

like: text A,text B,text C is correct. If you cannot see the contents of your dropdown I am certain that the text must be the same color as your background.

When I added to ubot (I'm glad I saved a separate copy of my bot) I got error that something wrong with my code. Which is obviously the variables to start.

Every time I have come across an "error with the code" when pasting in ubot it has been because of some user input error

Where can I add my own background?

If you are talking about an image background, then set the ui size to the size of your image, then add your image using the "Add Image/Logo" option in the left panel of the builder.

It would be cool to have an option to add specific colors instead of having to use the gradient site for the tabs

You can still use that to set a single, specific color.

Cheers.

Regarding a post I made earlier where I stated: "When you click on "Get Code" I will have to include an option to get the code for the ui only, to be pasted into the ui html panel, which will make updating your ui much simpler."

That is not going to work coz when the code gets pasted into the ui html panel ubot automatically adds backslashes to certain characters(as seen in code view) and those backslashes get added to the code for the image, css and js file variables, which is no good.

If you need to update a ui in your bot the best way is going to be to paste the entire code from the builder into a new bot, then when in 'node view' just copy the 'ui html panel' node from the new bot and replace the 'ui html panel' of your main bot with that one.

Just added a 'Tooltips' feature. The style of the tooltips has to be set when you create a theme, so they will NOT work with a previously created theme. You will have to create a new theme to use them.

Here's a screenshot of adding a tooltip in the builder: post-223-0-78189800-1367919866_thumb.png

Also the tooltip feature and any features that may be added in the future will ONLY work with "Files Stored in Bot". It will NOT work with "Files Stored on Server".

I have done this coz I am sure almost everyone would be using "Files Stored in Bot", and creating code to apply to "Files Stored on Server" as well is a ton more work, and it's getting more and more difficult and very confusing trying to code for both scenarios.

Cheers.

Hi darryl561, 

As i am newbee and have created some very basic Bots. How this tool can be useful for me to make my bots professional. hope you understand my words.

Thanks

As i am newbee and have created some very basic Bots. How this tool can be useful for me to make my bots professional. hope you understand my words.

Hi BigBot,

using straight html to create a ui will make your bots 'LOOK' much more professional than using the standard ubot ui. And using css & jquery to style the elements is also a big improvement on straight html.

Creating html ui's can be difficult and quite time consuming though, and more so if you want to style it with css & jquery.

So what this tool does is make building html ui's much easier and much quicker than any other way that I know of. Everything is customizable so you can easily create a look that you like, and you do not need to know anything about html, css or jquery to use it.

Hope this helps to answer your question, cheers, Darryl.

Dont think twice, besides meter's protection system, this is the best product you can get for selling your bots.  And Darryl's customer service is.....  OUTSTANDING.

Hi darryl561, 

Thanks

Hi darryl561, 

Thanks

You will be amazed at what you can do with the UIBuilder. You can make your bots look like no other!!

I back this 200%

Hi BigBot,

using straight html to create a ui will make your bots 'LOOK' much more professional than using the standard ubot ui. And using css & jquery to style the elements is also a big improvement on straight html.

Creating html ui's can be difficult and quite time consuming though, and more so if you want to style it with css & jquery.

So what this tool does is make building html ui's much easier and much quicker than any other way that I know of. Everything is customizable so you can easily create a look that you like, and you do not need to know anything about html, css or jquery to use it.

Hope this helps to answer your question, cheers, Darryl.

I am agree with you that creating html UI is quite time consuming. My another question is how do that will work, will this be integrated with UBot Studio or work independent or this will generate a code that i will need to paste in my "Test.bot" file and how I will be able to compile my bot. 

Do you have any trial, so that i can test my ability to use and a simple quick look of my bot. 

Edited by BigBot

I am agree with you that creating html UI is quite time consuming. My another question is how do that will work, will this be integrated with UBot Studio or work independent or this will generate a code that i will need to paste in my "Test.bot" file and how I will be able to compile my bot. 

Do you have any trial, so that i can test my ability to use and a simple quick look of my bot. 

It is an independent tool and once you have created a ui you click the "Get Code For UI" button, then copy and paste that code into your bot. You would compile your bot as normal. There is no trial but there is a 30 day money back guarantee.

I just created a ui with the builder to test if the obfuscator effected the ui in a bot. It did effect the save/open file, dropdowns and switch checkbox.

But I am sure as long as you don't select the option to obfuscate the ui html panel, you should still be able to use it to obfuscate everything else.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Your images are all broken on the first page, it ruins your nice display :)

**edit** they're all working fine now, hostgator was giving a 404 error for your images.

Hi Darryl, this looks very cool. Two questions though before I jump on board.

I want to build a UI for a bot that lets people send push notifications from a URL i do not want them to see the URL though is this something that’s possible?

My second question is can the UI be installed on a website they can visit with the bot included or do they have to install the bot on their computer?

Thank you in advance for your help :)

Hi Darryl, this looks very cool. Two questions though before I jump on board.

I want to build a UI for a bot that lets people send push notifications from a URL i do not want them to see the URL though is this something that’s possible?

My second question is can the UI be installed on a website they can visit with the bot included or do they have to install the bot on their computer?

Thank you in advance for your help :)

1) Yes I am sure this would be possible.

2) There may be a way to run the bots from a server, but if there is I don't know how to do that.

Darryl.

• 2 weeks later...

Just added an option so that now when adding images you can have the ui builder convert them to base64, instead of uploading them to your server.

So it is no longer necessary to store any files at all(including images) on your server.

Darryl.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

I just bought this and it is truly amazing! And so simple to use.

I just have one question, how do I add a variable as button text?
I have an onload command that checks if there are any updates to the bot (connects to a database) and changes a variable accordingly (I want the value of this variable to be the button text).

Adding the variable to 'Button Text' in UI Builder doesn't work. It just diplays it as text in the bot. What should I change in the ui html panel to make this work?

(up till now I was able to achieve that because you can actually assign a variable as the name of a UI Button in Ubot)

Thanks,

Marton

Hi urban.marton, glad you like it.

If you add the code below into the "Button Text" field of the ui builder:

<label variable="#button label">Run</label>

you can change the label by adding a set command to your bot:

set(#button label, "Go", "Global")

Cheers.

• 5 weeks later...