UBot Underground

Securing a Bot... is this possible?

I'm currently creating a bot that I'm looking to market on a membership basis.

To check membership, I'm thinking about having a membership created with a wordpress plugin. Then, they enter the credentials into the bot - which get saved. Then, when the bot starts, it goes out, logs into the membership site with the credentials. If the account is good, it will go to a page that I can scrape a value from to verify the account is good.

Does that sound do-able? Any easy way around that?

This allows me to use WordPress and automatically membership billing to do all the heavy lifting, as far as managing memberships and billing - yet allows me to (hopefully) lockdown the bot.

It does not prevent bot sharing because as long as people have the username and password (and they WILL share it on warez and blackhat sites, i know), and the membership is valid, the bot runs.

So it's not fully secure.

Hardware locking will prevent running the bot from multiple computers as well.

So even if they share the bot with the username and password the bot won't run at all.

1. Protect gold is great.

2. Use shell commands to retreive hardware ID and post it to your server and compare IPs and what runs where, make bot read some unique code from your site, dunno.

But everything is hackable.

2. Use shell commands to retreive hardware ID and post it to your server and compare IPs and what runs where, make bot read some unique code from your site, dunno.

I didn't say it's good or bad... i said it's WAY overpriced...

I didn't say it's good or bad... i said it's WAY overpriced...

The price is pretty up there, but you have to include a lot of factors. The biggest factor I think is to keep it out of the price range of people who will use it to find a work around to crack other's bots. Right now, I don't have it to be honest, but am planning on throwing down some money for a copy.

Some know already that i had a projecxt a while back for protecting that was being built. the developers ran off. and Really discouraged me in continuing.

I have found a new developer to create the solution needed, and hope to have something soon.

Some know already that i had a projecxt a while back for protecting that was being built. the developers ran off. and Really discouraged me in continuing.

I have found a new developer to create the solution needed, and hope to have something soon.

Great to hear that you didn't let one bad apple stop your from your goal.

Give em hell TJ.

• 2 weeks later...

Please Contact me if you get this done as I am also in need of somthing... Thanks

The original topic.

Yes Wordpress can be used and lockout users logging in and using plugins.

Every time a user logs in you get his info and if multiple users are logging in account you can lock out.

There are plugIns that will ban multiple logins do a search :)

There are various ways of doing this but whatever you put in place someone will go out of their way to break it.

I have a system in place that is good enough for honest people, the slightly crooked people will be having a pop.

Its like a lock on your front door, its to keep honest folk out. Those who want to get in will.

Now put more effort into the bot building and support than in protection. People will pay for quality bots and support :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Problem is, the better your bot is, the less suppot it will need. Especially bots that do a straight forward task and will not need a lot of customization. Otherwise I do agree, support is a big thing.

But support will cost time and money and does not scale, selling does though. So if you have a lot of sales you want to minimize the support you have to offer or you will have to either work all day doing support or employ somebody ... as I said ... it does not scale :/

• 1 month later...

you can use The Enigma Protector it is good software that protects the softwares you build , it costs around 150$ but you get a professional result

Do you have experience using it with ubot compiled bots? This would be nice since it's much cheaper than protect gold. Also, do you know if it can ask users automatically if they would like to update when there are updates available?

You can buy the "Protect Gold", which is (way overpriced) $595 to do hardware locking.

Up to you if you buy it or not.

Really? You think that's overpriced? It sounds reasonable to me if it works as well as everyone says. But I'm broke at the moment, so it would be great to hear from someone who has experience with something that's as good for less money. I usually tend to believe that you get what you pay for.

Is there a shall command that can get the computer id and store it into a variable within ubot? If so I would LOVE to know what it is! :)

I sent you a PM regarding this. I'm in need of something soon, like, yesterday. Any idea when you might have this ready? Now that Protect Gold isn't selling to new customers I'm at a loss as to what to do. I did the trial with Enigma, but I can't figure out how to get the online registration working and I prefer something that can auto push updates like Protect Gold. Not to mention, I have sent three emails to Enigma's support and they haven't responded yet. If I can't get support BEFORE I buy, I can't imagine how bad it will be AFTER I buy.

PS. I will need support/assistance on this because I have no idea what I'm doing.