UBot Underground

Send Email Node - question for you users

There is a reason this is not working. My bot worked fine on my VPS however, it stopped working because you ISP and hosting company controls port 25. Your ISP and host only allows a certain amount of mail per day. I know that the developers are working to fix this problem.

In the mean time I can share a little trick that has worked for me.

1-Divide your email list into the amount of emails your ISP/Host allows you to send per day.

2-Send the first group then (isp) disconnect fromt he internet and reconnect. This resets the server and should allow you to send another group up to your daily limit.

3-Try the same thing with your hosting company logg out wait a few minutes and log back in to send another group of emails.

My list is over 20,000 strong and I use this method to get my emails out. It does work but is a bit time consuming.

There's no script that does this for you.

You have to edit conf files for mysql to be changed.

Change mysql port on a linux box.http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/change-...der-linuxunix/

Change mysql port on a windows box. http://support.jodohost.com/showpost...35&postcount=2

You will also have to remember to connect to that port when connecting to mysql through php.

PHP Code:

<?php

// we connect to localhost at port 3307

$link = mysql_connect('127.0.0.1:3307', 'mysql_user', 'mysql_password');

if (!$link) {

die('Could not connect: ' . mysql_error());

}

echo 'Connected successfully';

mysql_close($link);

?>

***If you use this make sure that you change the port to the one you want to use ...such as gmail.

I have not tried this so If it works let us know.

you can make a bot to work with a web php script.

to send mail.

otherwise as suggested many times over by numerous users of ubot it would be nice if you could set the port in the email function.

Actually it isn't as much the port as it is supporting encryption. You can change the port all you want but you still won't be able to use GMail unless encryption support is added. Full support for SSL, TLS, & SPA would be required to have a complete and functional SMTP solution (at least for outbound).

For inbound email you would need POP3 and/or IMAP also with encryption support (just SSL is required for inbound as TLS is not used for inbound email).

I would like to see an OOP implementation of mail support. This solves a few problems.

First you can configure it at the beginning of your script, so you don't have to fill in all the details every time you call send mail or read mail.

By using OOP (where you create a new object rather than set SMTP settings for a bot) you can support multiple connection details in the same bot and just call something like smtp01.sendemail(from, to, subject, body) but also have a smtp02 object as well in the same script.

I rather not have to enter in all smtp details every time a send/receive email call is created, so configuring it at the start of the script, then just calling the function later on is ideal. Also being able to configure multiple smtp connections and calling each later in the script would be ideal.

Inbound email is really a must have and is a huge feature Ubot lacks but really must have. If and when this feature is added, I really hope it is done right. In other words, supports POP3 & IMAP, common encryption methods, adjustable ports, easy ways to batch it so you can say "get next 10 emails", as well as the ability to delete emails. It would also be nice if functionality to find confirmation links (and not unsubscribe links) in emails would be really nice to have so we don't have to code that functionality in each bot. Ability to query the inbox by subject, body, sender, or recipient would be very helpful as well.

I have custom coded and external apps to send and receive mails, they support Full support for SSL, TLS, & SPA works with any kind of mail service. All that is needed to know is the server:port and if authentication type and thats it.

I call them through the shell command and get it to send mails :)

Praney

I have coded and external app to send mails, it support ssl and works with any kind of mail service. All that is needed to know is the server:port and if authentication type and thats it.

I call it through the shell command and get it to send mails :)

Praney

Care to share it Praney.. :D

here is a crappy video on using cmd window (make a bash file to execute in shell to perform this)

Might want to mute. this person was rocking out some music while making it.

TJ

This is really not a good method, PowerShell is not on a large amount of clients machines. It is mostly system administrators that use PowerShell as it is a requirement of MS Exchange Server. As for telnet.exe, it went away and not installed with the latest versions of Windows. I believe it first left when Vista came out.

You also have to deal with parsing the output of the cmd screen which Ubot is unable to do.

This is really not a good method, PowerShell is not on a large amount of clients machines. It is mostly system administrators that use PowerShell as it is a requirement of MS Exchange Server. As for telnet.exe, it went away and not installed with the latest versions of Windows. I believe it first left when Vista came out.

You also have to deal with parsing the output of the cmd screen which Ubot is unable to do.

I'm not going to do all the leg for you.. Do some research guys..

It is possible.

As with the like about the php script and you send the details from ubot to the php based script.

Yes we would all love to see being able to do it directly in Ubot.

But till then we can piss and moan about it but guess what. Its not there. So do some simple google searching on how to use CMD, BASH, SHELL's, And many other creative ways of doing this.

Far to many times people want to be spoon feed things and gets irritating after a while. ( no not talking about you Bob the builder or anyone in specific) but we know they are in the forums. We have all seen them.

But there is work around's for this. and many people have made mention of many ways you can work around it till Ubot decides that yes it needs this in there. Through all this ranting and raving by not only ubot users, but also staff members have expressed their concern for wanting this as well.

TJ

I'm not going to do all the leg for you.. Do some research guys..

It is possible.

As with the like about the php script and you send the details from ubot to the php based script.

Yes we would all love to see being able to do it directly in Ubot.

But till then we can piss and moan about it but guess what. Its not there. So do some simple google searching on how to use CMD, BASH, SHELL's, And many other creative ways of doing this.

Far to many times people want to be spoon feed things and gets irritating after a while. ( no not talking about you Bob the builder or anyone in specific) but we know they are in the forums. We have all seen them.

But there is work around's for this. and many people have made mention of many ways you can work around it till Ubot decides that yes it needs this in there. Through all this ranting and raving by not only ubot users, but also staff members have expressed their concern for wanting this as well.

TJ

Definitely doable, just tedious.

I know that the guys in development are working very hard to solve this issue. I have an email bot I built, used,know works and I like it's preformance. I for one am willing to just sit back and wait for the Ubot team to come up with a solution. At least when they have finished I will know it is done right.

Has anyone thought about just getting a few gmail accounts (they let you send up to 500 email per account)and using that for sending your emails until Ubot has a chance to fix the email problem.

I know that the guys in development are working very hard to solve this issue. I have an email bot I built, used,know works and I like it's preformance. I for one am willing to just sit back and wait for the Ubot team to come up with a solution. At least when they have finished I will know it is done right.

Has anyone thought about just getting a few gmail accounts (they let you send up to 500 email per account)and using that for sending your emails until Ubot has a chance to fix the email problem.

You can't use GMail with Ubot, since Ubot does not have SSL support for SMTP and doesn't allow you to customize the port.

You would have to create a bot that automates it via a web browser.

I know you can't use gmail with ubot. What I was suggesting is that you get gmail accounts and use them until such time as Ubot was able to fix this issue. I have about 10/12 gmail accounts.