UBot Underground

Send Email Node - question for you users

Hey guys, I need a little help here.

How are using this node?

Are you having to use your mail server that your ISP provides or are you using a mail server outside of your ISP?

Are you using the default port of the node itself or have you figured out a work around for specifying another port?

Has anyone successfully implemented Google's SMTP server?

If you have details that you do not want to share publicly then please PM me.

Mucho Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

Bump...

I think this is one of the biggest shortcomings of Ubot. I've dropped a few posts here and there how the email function is pretty useless and it seems that nobody at Ubot really seems to want to develop it further. This could be an extremely powerful feature and open up tons of opportunity for people with mailing lists, automated senders...etc. The use of port options, secure connection options and email attachments would make Ubot killer!

Right now i'm pretty depressed that I can't used it with gmail/hotmail or anything that requires a secure connection and it sucks if I have to use my webmail smtp because they seem to be able to detect whenever i'm behind a proxy and blows my cover if i'm needing to mail in mass.

Are there any plans to develop the email function more? PLEEEAASSSSE!!

Is there anywhere where we can see 'whats on the list' and appearing in upcoming versions?

Would be good to see a roadmap - I asked this when I first started using Ubot last year and still nothing :(

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

For what it is worth... I love the bot I built with the help of Lilly, Buddy, and Joh for sending mail. I have given away about 1,000 of these so far to my list and they love it. The only thing they would like to see is a Rich Text Editor or to be able to create it in Word and send. I know it's on the list and I know it will get done.

Keep in mind that your isp only allows you to send around 250-500 emails per day/ Most mail services allow you to send about 500 (ie gmail yahoo only allows 250)./ Your hosting services allow you to send around 1,000 to 1,500 per day and only so much per hour and finally all of those so called unlimited mailers that people buy not only cost you about $85 bucks you will end up having to repace your smtp several times.

Here is what I did. I found a sever in Russia (the reason being is that you can get flagged as a spammer even if you are not spamming just by the volume of email you send. Russia has no spam laws. But you have to be careful..to make sure that the hosting company in Russia is not a FRAUD.) To find an honest host took some doing.

I purchased a 1GB VPS..to start with and set it up ss a mail proxy server that allows umlimited emails to go through it with out any problems from your host. The great thing is that since eveyone has there own send from address all the undeliverable mail goes back to them direct and does not bogg the server down.

In fact I was planning to offer Ubotters to use my mail Proxy For a small hosting fee of $2.00/monthly. I have been waiting because I am having to upgrade to a larger vps due to all the mail. It should be completed soon. The vps was the most efficient way to be able to give my bot away without any emai problems. I am very happy with my bot and what it is doing for my list and myself.

All in all IPS< SMTP's, in my opinion, are really not a good solution for sending large number of emails.

Just want to add a couple of more items. My email bot is working perfectly and I have no complaints from the people I have given it to. I was able to use gmail but it only allowed me to send the standard 500 emails and no more. It also worked on my ips emails and others. The best and most functional has been the vps. Also can someone tell me how to pm in this forum. I just don't seem to see it and keep forgetting to ask.

Thanks

Just want to add a couple of more items. My email bot is working perfectly and I have no complaints from the people I have given it to. I was able to use gmail but it only allowed me to send the standard 500 emails and no more. It also worked on my ips emails and others. The best and most functional has been the vps. Also can someone tell me how to pm in this forum. I just don't seem to see it and keep forgetting to ask.

Thanks

Hi Fran can you share that email bot? I cant make gmail work..

My bot has the same fields as yours does the only difference is I used mail.gmail.com or send.gmail.com I don't remember right now how I did it but I used a work around to get make it send. I did not use the standard smtp.gmail.com... It also works with Jing's free smtp server. However they charge and it can get pretty expensive.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello:

If you are interested my server is upgraded and I will let people use it for email, if they wish. I will have to charge you $3.50 a month to use the server. I don't think that is too expensive it just helps pay for the hosting. I am charging everyone else $7.00 a month. If you are interested pm me. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I would share this with you since gmail smtp is a popular way to send mail. I would like to start by saying I Love Ubot. This is one of those things that you learn as you go.

Gmail uses: Port: 465 or 587

Ubot's default port is port 25 the same as your isp. At this time there is no way around the port 25

Be patient, they are listening. In the next version it would be nice if there were a way we could change the port to suite our needs, i.e., gmail, vps, cloud servers etc.

• 5 months later...

Thanks. Tried it but it doesnt work. got this error

failed to send email to admin@kosjakdirectorsy.com System.Net.Mail.SmtpException: Failure sending mail. ---> System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 174.132.164.121:25 at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress) at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.InternalConnect(EndPoint remoteEP) at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Int32 timeout, Exception& exception) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Net.ServicePoint.GetConnection(PooledStream PooledStream, Object owner, Boolean async, IPAddress& address, Socket& abortSocket, Socket& abortSocket6, Int32 timeout) at System.Net.PooledStream.Activate(Object owningObject, Boolean async, Int32 timeout, GeneralAsyncDelegate asyncCallback) at System.Net.PooledStream.Activate(Object owningObject, GeneralAsyncDelegate asyncCallback) at System.Net.ConnectionPool.GetConnection(Object owningObject, GeneralAsyncDelegate asyncCallback, Int32 creationTimeout) at System.Net.Mail.SmtpConnection.GetConnection(String host, Int32 port) at System.Net.Mail.SmtpTransport.GetConnection(String host, Int32 port) at System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.GetConnection() at System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.Send(MailMessage message) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.Send(MailMessage message) at UBotCore.uScript.xdae4828f49aac166.x11fb21ae1b002c1d()

I started a thread about this. I can't use my hostgator or any other servers I have, I was able to use yahoo for awhile. server smtp.mail.yahoo.com, but now I'm getting this error below:

Cannot send message due to possible abuse

I only have a bot doing a few administrative tasks on my computer and sending myself updates, not spamming. The bot is pretty useless because I can't attach any .csv file that the bot generated.

So what I'm requesting is:

1. able to send attachment

2. able to designate port, ssl, etc

Also, I created this bot in 3.5, so please make 4.0 able to open 3.5. Gonna be a pain in the *** to have to transfer everything over, node by node - plus you can't copy&paste the nodes from 2 different version.