UBot Underground

Huge Time Saving Tip When Working With Forms

I origionally posted in General Posts, but it belongs here, and I haven't seen anything about this on the forum yet.

So, Here Goes...

I have been creating huge bots that navigate to hundreds of different sites and registering on each.

I found that if I have a common application I am working with on websites, ie: KickApps forums, Expression Engine forums, etc. each form is basically set up the same way on every website.

So I then make one separate script which fills in the information on only one site, then for every other website which has the same form, or same name (Powered by Expression engine, KickApps, etc.) I will only have to place the navigation module in, then run script of the script with the form info in it for every website after.

This way there is only two modules for each website and saves a hell of a lot of time!

Just remember to throw in the wait finish and delays where needed, and will also work with captcha solving (For all that I have tryed so far).

You could also pull URLS from a scraped list and do this, but I like to see what the page looks like in case there is a slight difference somewhere so there are less errors when I run it.

I origionally posted in General Posts, but it belongs here, and I haven't seen anything about this on the forum yet.

So, Here Goes...

I have been creating huge bots that navigate to hundreds of different sites and registering on each.

I found that if I have a common application I am working with on websites, ie: KickApps forums, Expression Engine forums, etc. each form is basically set up the same way on every website.

So I then make one separate script which fills in the information on only one site, then for every other website which has the same form, or same name (Powered by Expression engine, KickApps, etc.) I will only have to place the navigation module in, then run script of the script with the form info in it for every website after.

This way there is only two modules for each website and saves a hell of a lot of time!

Just remember to throw in the wait finish and delays where needed, and will also work with captcha solving (For all that I have tryed so far).

You could also pull URLS from a scraped list and do this, but I like to see what the page looks like in case there is a slight difference somewhere so there are less errors when I run it.

yes, its a good methodolody.

I tend to run 2 subs.

1 does the login

1 does the post.

Split it up in this way and you end up changing a few fields each time you want to add a new site.

:)

I completely agree..

But the problem is that if you include the script then you have to have the the script included as .ubot file or as frank said changing the filetyoe, but that may work but risk of give your code away too..

So instead of that I use modular approach but using SUBs, the only thing is that it slows down the bot. As I have just completed a bot with over 148 subs and its slow asssss. trying to find an alternative.

Praney

Try compiling them in groups and call the compiled versions instead of the source files.

John thanks for the tip :)

How do you suggest passing variable/string to those compiled versions..

Any ideas?

Praney

• 4 weeks later...