UBot Underground

How easy is it for a compiled bot to be cracked?

im curious about how easy will it be for someone to crack a bot we compile and sell??...as of now im trying to figure out how to secure a bot with some type of passwords or whatever...(but passwords can be shared...so the search continues and i will make a dedicated thread for that)

Oh thats a tough question. I belive only a cracker can answer that. :huh:

I mean, it's probably as secure as any other software. And as far as I know the compiled bots aren't encrypted. Let me check that with Seth though, because i'm not 100%.

ive yet to see software that hasn't been cracked...

best idea is to go with a login/password setup & monitor the ip addresses of the logins

ok...so this is like the 5th time i heard this so it must be something to it...but what i mentioned to gogetta is that i change my ip like 5-10/day so supposed a user is doing the same (especially the cl posters with dsl) how would u keep track of that dude?...i dont want to alienate him as a potential customer.

Almost every software will get cracked unless you its protection is tough like hell. Using hardware id + online authentication every time s/w loads + source code encryption = best possible solution... but again, every s/w will get cracked one day or another..

• 2 years later...

Maybe you could create a bot that searches for files online containing the name of your program and whenever it sees something on, for example mediafire, it emails the compliance at that filesharing company to ask them to remove it. This isn't the perfect solution, but it should frustrate enough people into buying your software.

No software is perfect but indeed, it's something the boys should look into ?

The harder it is, better the chances of not getting raped are. How many bots we see at bhw that you can download from mediafire !!!! Can't beleive they're all freebies from us to get damn thanks/reps hehehehehehe They're probably paid bots that got hacked.