UBot Underground

UBot + PHP integration

Hey all...

It seems to me that it would be quite easy to make UBot front ends, to PHP applications for back-end/database work. Just pass data from UBot through GET or even POST arrays and I bet you could do all kinds of amazing stuff. I think the trickiest part would be having UBot wait for the data to come back from the PHP application, but a delay loop with a Search Page function on it would probably do the trick. UBot is so much easier to use for scraping than cURL, I think it would rock to use UBot as the scraping front end and PHP as the processing muscle.

Has anyone done this yet? Any major advantages/disadvantages that you encountered? Let's talk possibilities here!

Jonathan

Yeah this will be huge with a SQL database on the back end. Not much you can't do.

Best thing I've done with PHP,Perl and SQL is make a VMXL Voice interface for a Cisco router.

This way I could call in and check on my network traffic (VoIP) and get the stats read back to me, and even reset interfaces by voice over the phone if they took too many errors.

We were running voice traffic for the big carriers to Mexico, Hong Kong and Brazil back in the beginning of voice over IP. That shit went down ALOT. This way I could actually leave my house to go the bar. :)

You can also have a Cron job on the server, so that the PHP can process jobs that the bot doesn't directly control or has a hard time with.

If you wanted to offer a bot did large jobs that might take a period of days to complete, like building level 2 accounts on Yahoo Answers. Leave the bot run on a machine like a service, wake up every 10 or 15 minutes, then process answering 20 questions for each account when a new file was posted by the PHP server, that included the usernames,pwords,keywords and some "good enough" answers. This way you could offer the bot as a service, rather than as software.

This setup would make enhancements and fixes easier to roll out with more control.

HTH

• 1 year later...

I do this regularly and I feel dirty for giving up this golden nugget..

So what's the solution? A combination of XAMPP and a simple app built with the cakePHP framework.

Cake has a feature known as 'scaffolding' where once a database is created (and the tables are named following the cakephp convention) the framework pretty much builds out the app for your CRUD functions with a VERY expandable code base making 3rd party code (think plugins, facebook connect, twitter apis, etc) 'a piece of cake' to integrate.

Together with uBot you have a devastating arsenal at your disposal. If you need a database solution for ubot, look no further than cakePHP+mysql

Some basic scaffolding...

Or you can go balls out and build an app from the terminal using another cakePHP feature known as 'bake'.. Watch this dude build an FAQ app in like 5min..

http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp.html

http://cakephp.org/

• Like 1

Just a heads up to you all. What Dave is doing here is actually pretty incredible and the guy isn't too bad of a teacher. In just a couple of hours, he skyped with me and help me setup a site and start playing with this cool framework!

I've asked him to allow me to tape some of his instructions for you to post to ubotjunkie.com in the near future, and he totally agreed.

So, keep your eyes open and start thinking how ubot and a database could play well together!

Cheers and thanks Dave,

Frank