UBot Underground

New with ubot, some questions

Hello there, ubot community!

First of all nice to meet everyone here,

Last night I purchased the developer edition as an investment for my business.

Now I've been looking some videos, but so far everything is being explained using the visualizer and not with code.

I have 8 years of experience in programming, so my first question is, should I bother with the visualizer, or should I go straight with coding?

Also, is there any sort of ebook, or an actual book I can get to learn the syntax, or commands, but mainly the syntax as the commands are kinda self explainatory for a programmer.

Thanks, hope I will be contributing to the forum myself in the future

Hi there and welcome to the community.

I would say the best way to learn the syntax would be to do a bot visually, with all the commands that you think you will need to use.

Then switch over to "code view" and check the language and learn it that way.

If you don't mind me asking, why choose ubot if your not planning on using the "visual" aspect of it?  It's far faster and easier (or so I thought) then using the syntax and typing everything out in code view.

I don't think anyone here uses "code view" to build their whole bots, so in short, you will be better with using node view/visual editor.

I have a few years of experience with UBot and I never tried to code the whole bot in "code view", since it's not user friendly and some features like "advanced element editor" can't even be accessed from there. Also in code view you would have to manually escape some strings for code view, making it even worse. With all that...I mostly use "code view" to copy the code to text editor and so search/replace there, then I copy it back and switch to node view.

To make "code view" usable for coding I think UBot team should make all features accessible from code view and also add some features like search/replace and something similar to IntelliSense.

• Like 1

Hi Patrick (That's my name also :) ) I would suggest only using code view to copy certain snippets of code, other than that, just use the visual mode with the blocks, that way you can see what's going on much easier. I have 2 source codes that give a run-through with some common problems and commands, and everyone I've sold to has learned a lot. For learning, you have to go out and start programming, the experience you get when you tackle an easy site will carry over when you start to go after larger projects. Chances are, you won't learn it all in 1 day, but after enough practice you will get a grasp on it very fast once you start.