UBot Underground

my thanks and offer of gratitude

I am very thankful of the help i receive here.  i admire some the programers here and one day hope to be as good.

in return for the help i would like to offer royalty free custom music to anyone here who might need it.

i know music is probably not a big need but i feel i need to show appreciation and music is all i have.

i am a professional composer.  i write music for tv shows.  i have allot of pre made music i could offer or i will make it custom.

thanks to all that are helping me and continue to help me.

• Like 2

UBot UBot Ya Ya Ya. UBot Studio is oh so rad.

You automate the internet so I keep up with the latest fads.

Oh UBot Oh baby my life hasn't been the same since you came along.

Before you being on the internet was like playing pong.

Now I sell software while lounging in my chair.

Ubot baby I need you sooo.  oh oh oh...

ahahahaha

you want music for those lyrics?

hahaha

I definitely think that THIS is the way to do it within a community, that is, give/help as much as you can without thinking of what it is worth. Sooner rather than later you might get something back and if you don't, you will still feel good about the feeling inside.

Your gift to the community is awesome, erussx2!

• Like 1

Damn, dude, do I sense a number 1 hit???

I am very thankful of the help i receive here.  i admire some the programers here and one day hope to be as good.

in return for the help i would like to offer royalty free custom music to anyone here who might need it.

i know music is probably not a big need but i feel i need to show appreciation and music is all i have.

i am a professional composer.  i write music for tv shows.  i have allot of pre made music i could offer or i will make it custom.

thanks to all that are helping me and continue to help me.

DUDE!  Music is AWESOME and I'm sure there are people who would need this around here, especially for the demo videos promoting their bots.  

EDIT: I would like to publicly apologize to the community.  I used the word, "dude" twice in a single post (well, 3 times now).  I'm originally from cali, so I say things like dude, awesome and sick.  I don't even know why I went to college because these are like the only 3 words in my vocabulary.

I really never thought about it till now but I was thinking about the kind of music that needs to be in a sales video.

I was watching a video from some one here I think, and I remember thinking when I first turned on the sales video that the music was so over berring I had to silence it.

Help me out here but some one watching our sales video is in a totally different mind set than we the maker of the video. 1. They are faced with a decision to part or not with their money. Anything, including the music can have an effect on that. There should be nothing that makes them uncomfortable, including the music.  2. They may no nothing about what the bot (program) does. All they know is that they want to accomplish what the sales headline says. Therefore they watch the sales video intently to figure out if it can REALLY do that for them. Therefore they are in a deep state of concentration. Any music that disrupts the concentration may kill the sale. That is what happened to me as I watched that video. I simple could not concentrate on what was in the video because the music distracted me.

So I have actually been thinking of producing some cues specifically for sales videos. Since this is my business, I know a little about what might work. However, it is not an exact science. And music that a product maker might like is not necessarily what will help him make the sale.

So maybe I will produce some things that I think will be good and people here can try them out. Maybe we can get more sales as a result.

• Like 1
I really never thought about it till now but I was thinking about the kind of music that needs to be in a sales video.

I was watching a video from some one here I think, and I remember thinking when I first turned on the sales video that the music was so over berring I had to silence it.

Help me out here but some one watching our sales video is in a totally different mind set than we the maker of the video. 1. They are faced with a decision to part or not with their money. Anything, including the music can have an effect on that. There should be nothing that makes them uncomfortable, including the music.  2. They may no nothing about what the bot (program) does. All they know is that they want to accomplish what the sales headline says. Therefore they watch the sales video intently to figure out if it can REALLY do that for them. Therefore they are in a deep state of concentration. Any music that disrupts the concentration may kill the sale. That is what happened to me as I watched that video. I simple could not concentrate on what was in the video because the music distracted me.

So I have actually been thinking of producing some cues specifically for sales videos. Since this is my business, I know a little about what might work. However, it is not an exact science. And music that a product maker might like is not necessarily what will help him make the sale.

So maybe I will produce some things that I think will be good and people here can try them out. Maybe we can get more sales as a result.

I think you hit the nail on the head.  I also think that music in a sales video should not be too genre-centric.  People watching your video might not have the same taste in music as you.  For example, I really love almost all music, but I hate anything techno (trance, house, etc.) - it gives me a headache.  I also don't like rock that bands come out with nowadays (classic rock is cool, but this new shit sucks, imo).  I saw a bot here recently and the sales video music was too loud and I just didn't like the music, so I quit watching the video halfway.

Its amazing how much music can have an effect.  And certainly the volume is a big factor.  And sometimes, maybe more than not, no music can be more effective.