UBot Underground

Uploading profile pic - twitter

Hi all,

Been having some trouble uploading a profile picture to a twitter account I made within ubot. Can you tell me if it can be done as some of the element selector appears to be flash.

Useragent is ie6

Here's hte link to the profile edit page https://twitter.com/settings/profile

The Change File Field just isnt doing anything for me.

Thanks in advance,

Kev

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok Guys here is how you upload the profile pic into twitter.   EDIT: Code doesn't longer works. Updated code is on my last post   I have being using this piece of code for over 3 months and pics uploa

Ok guys here is a Video tutorial I made for this code. I hope this help you guys get this issue resolved.   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SATmjpuVRqU     P0s3id0n

Yeah they finally rolled out the flash uploader in full. I hate those flash uploaders as UBot just cant work with them. I wonder if the dev team will ever do something about it. Every day more sites a

Posted Images

Yep, "Change Photo" and then when it pops down I use

Change File Field <id="photo-choose-existing"> and then a link to the image on my desktop.

Do you know if it can be done?

I tried this as an iphone useragent but again no luck. With the mobile site there's no option to change the picture, which I'm sure you spotted anyhow.

This is quite frustrating as I am sure everything's there it's just getting the right combinations!

Ok Guys here is how you upload the profile pic into twitter.

EDIT: Code doesn't longer works. Updated code is on my last post

I have being using this piece of code for over 3 months and pics upload with out problems it also fills up your location, Bio and changes the theme to a random theme.

Sometimes you will experience periods of times where the pics do no upload but is not because there is something wrong in the code but because twitter experience problems.

I hope you like it

P0s3id0n

• Like 2

Hey P0s3id0n

That works really well, apart from the profile pic upload. The theme change is awesome.

I tried directly linking to an image in the code to upload to Twitter but it still failed.

Yeah they finally rolled out the flash uploader in full. I hate those flash uploaders as UBot just cant work with them. I wonder if the dev team will ever do something about it. Every day more sites are moving to use them and therefore we cant do nothing on those type of sites.

• Like 1

yeah sucks in this situation especially! twitter is such a big site and a ton of people use it one way or another. sucks we cant make profiles look legit now.. without profile pics... they will get picked off as spam FAST and wont be nearly as effective :(

Have you guys tried using the fix offered here:

http://www.ubotstudio.com/forum/index.php?/topic/11007-picture-file-upload-with-pop-up-window/

I am using it for all the flash upload boxes I am coming across and it's working great... I am willing to bet that it will work to solve your twitter problem as well. If I get some time later, I will try it with twitter.

Seriously try it to see if it will work for you.

Justin

not really the kind of ' fix ' im looking for. its just much easier and 'nicer' if everything is ' in bot ' rather than using 3rd party apps to get simple functions done

I understand that a "fix" isn't the ideal solution. But for the time being it is the only way. If it is "really" that important to you, then I don't understand why you wouldn't try the "fix" because it DOES work...

Ok guys I managed to fix the issue and force the images to upload on twitter. Here is the code below:

EDIT: Code doesn't longer works. Updated code is on my last post

Hi there,

Im at step three

3. Once on the change file field manually run it over and over untill you get a pop up

I've right click > run Node probably 20 times in a row and nothing appeared. I then put it in a loop and it doesnt seem to pop anytthing up. What am I doing wrong?