UBot Underground

[TIP] Guide to switching ON/OFF images in Ubot/IE.

7 members have voted

1. 1. Was this tip/script helpful to you?

• Yes! :)
    • No use :(
    • Don't know I am still confused. :|

Hi Fellow Ubotters,

It was about time I threw in a handy utility. I have seen a few people some advanced and mostly new Ubot users looking for a way to switch off/on images in Ubot browser.

Ok Guys, I wanna keep this short and straight to point and no puffs.

Here is a simple but effective technique to turn off/on images in IE/Ubot browser, a simple VB Script to do that:

imagesonoff.txt

I couldn't upload a .vbs file, because of server security reasons, so I renamed it to .txt. Also here is the code in the text file.

Instructions of use:

I know some you do know how it works but this more for newbies, so advanced users can jump straight to the code or the file and they know what and how to do it. Ok Open Notepad, and copy and paste the code below into it and "Save as" a .vbs file. It easy and you are done.

Now how does it work??

Just double click it you will not see anything but the images are turned off. Basically its like switching off/on a bulb. You can now open Ubot/IE and browse to a site to test if the images are turned off.

Now, I want the images back. How do I do that??

Simple just double click it file and its done. Your images will be switched on now.

Ok, that s to test it now how to use it in Ubot?

Simple, just use the "Shell" command and locate to the file location/ or you can say call the VBScript from within Ubot.

'------------Begin Script Code-----------------------
On Error Resume Next
Set WSHShell=Wscript.CreateObject("Wscript.Shell") 

X = WshShell.RegRead("HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\Display Inline Images")

If X = "no" Then 
WshShell.RegWrite "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\Display Inline Images", "yes", "REG_SZ"
Elseif X = "yes" Then
WshShell.RegWrite "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\Display Inline Images", "no", "REG_SZ"
End If

Set WshShell = Nothing

'------------- End Script Code ----------------------

Do leave your comments if you like it.

Cheers,

Praney

EDIT: Sorry forgot to add this, there is a limitation to it, that the results can be seen when the browser is restarted.

Edited by Praney★Behl
  • Like 2

Hi Praney, Thanks for this! I tried it and the images are not loading but when I try to revert it back by double clicking the file again the images still doesn't show..

Sorry I forgot to add that the limitation to this is that this need to be done before the IE browser is opened.

The effects show up in and newly opened browser. I know its a limitation but I think using "in sub window" should over come this.

Will have to try this.

Praney

tools> internet options> security> custom level>

Then scroll down to "Scripting"

"Active scripting"

then "Disable"

Stops a lot of popups that can stall a bot

tools> internet options> security> custom level>

Then scroll down to "Scripting"

"Active scripting"

then "Disable"

Stops a lot of popups that can stall a bot

Hey zap thats a great idea also. I just tried it. It would be more great if praney can create a vbs file for this..

Ok this should fix the HKEY VBS to enable/disable Active Scripting:

On Error Resume Next

X = WshShell.RegRead("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\0\1400")

If X = "0" Then 
WshShell.RegWrite "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\0\1400", "3", "REG_DWORD"
Elseif X = "3" Then
WshShell.RegWrite "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\0\1400", "0", "REG_DWORD"
End If

Set WshShell = Nothing

Cheers!

Praney

EDIT: Forgot to add that it works the same way as the one above.

Edited by Praney★Behl
  • Like 5

Well "1400" is the Registry Value Numeric Name for "Active scripting" and values range from 0, 1 and 3

0 -> Default(Enable);

1 -> Prompt;

3 -> Disable.

Just a little about what the names and the values are. ;)

Praney

Great work Praney

I can see it changes registry values so it should work fine, but within internet explorer active scripting setting doesn’t show the change as being made, not sure on the implications this would have for an end user should it not get switched back on for any reason

But for me its great

Great work Praney

I can see it changes registry values so it should work fine, but within internet explorer active scripting setting doesn’t show the change as being made, not sure on the implications this would have for an end user should it not get switched back on for any reason

But for me its great

Zap did it not work for you?

Yes I see the values in the UI don't change in IE but the internal values of the registry do.

Maybe you can try changing the "Registry Value Numeric Name" to the "Registry Value UI Name" and see if it makes any difference?

Praney

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Praney,

I am able to disable/enable IE scripting by running the .vbs file but I can Can't get the shell command in UBot to work. I am trying to run the shell command then open a new sub-window with the subsection of the script that I need scripting to work. However, every time I run the shell node I get a non-descriptive error message saying an error has occure

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Praney

Im not able to get them to run

Really not sure why - im running some tests - so have saved 2 files to my desktop - one for imagesoff and the other for java

Im not sure if the shell commands are working or not but java is still active and so are images -

When I try to run a different shell command then it works - different as in call another script or something

Any help would be great

thanks

abs

Hi Abs,

Sorry for the late reply, I am on a short holiday. Both the above scripts are working fine for me. My system stats are on my profile info. The second one to switch On/Off activeX controls will not show up in the Win. registry for some reason maybe because I am using a direct hook, but it doesn't mean that its not working.

P.S. any of these two scripts will only get into effect with a new browser instance after the VBScript has been executed.

Praney

• 3 weeks later...

This doesnt seem to be working for me at all. Could it have anything to do with having ie 9? And let me say thanks praney, the stuff like this that you put out for us is really priceless. Thanks again.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, I have IE9 and I realised that if you want to get the scripting off, you have to go to

On Error Resume Next

X = WshShell.RegRead("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\3\1400")

If X = "0" Then 
WshShell.RegWrite "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\3\1400", "3", "REG_DWORD"
Elseif X = "3" Then
WshShell.RegWrite "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\3\1400", "0", "REG_DWORD"
End If

Set WshShell = Nothing

But IE has to be restarted