UBot Underground

Here's Wild and Crazy Idea!!

I wonder if it's in ubot's interest to increase the flexibility of tables and let us populate a table with text, much like a list?

Don't know if it makes sense, but it's just an idea.

Frank

Not yet sure Buddy. I know about those two commands and very powerful they are, but I'm just not sure. I'm thinking that this is more a algorithm problem, then it is a ubot want.

I had a wicked problem of trying to manipulate many variables at once and the only real trick would be to use tables. But tables cannot be added to like a 'add to list' command. At least, not being able to just tack it onto the end easily.

I think that I may need to keep the functionality of tables and lists straight in my mind. They are two different beasties.

Frank

Ok, further research. What this problem is stemming down to is the fact that i'm assigning like 30 different variables on the start of a bot. Now, to speed things up, I have setup the code to pull the data out of a table, but there just isn't any clean way to assign the values into the table. So, I have to resource to assigning 30 temporary variables and then set them to the table elements. It would be very nice to be able to use a ui command and set a table cell from there directly. So that's definitely one thing.

Frank

Frank I think it can be done. I am away from My computer to give an example.

Oh actually, I'll try to fireup my computer through TeamViewer on my iPhone. And see if I can do a quickie.. ;)

Maybe i didn't get you right, but we'll find out.

Feel free to shoot a PM if you need. Workarounds can alwYs be made.

Praney

There you go Frank, gotta say that i love this Teamviewer's iPhone app. i am 25 kms away from my computer and i can make bots. LOL.

Anyways it here is the script:frank-table-ui_praney.ubot

Let me know if thats what you meant?

Cheers!

Praney

Hey Praney,

Great work! Talk about long distance, lol.

But there is a fly in the mix. Try it in a ui window. Doesn't work.

Frank

I see what you mean, its the same when you're working with tables in a script and you include the script to a main script, you can't use tables in the included script. I had this issue before.

Seems like tables are local elements of a script and ui window and included script become foreign compartments, thus no access to local table elements.

I think this becomes a limitation then.

My Bad Frank, table cell command is basically used to grab the content of a table cell, whereas, set table cell is the right command to be used for this purpose, but unfortunately, it doesn't seem to fit in the scenario.

LOL, seems like the small screen of my iPhone wasn't enough to figure that issue.,, hah!

was what I was trying to do with tables instead of variables. You see, I am assigning over 30 variables instead of just plunking the values into one table. But when using ui elements, it wants a variable.

Frank

• 1 year later...

In regards to the original issue of manipulating tables pretty much as easy as the lists, there is a simple workaround to that matter:

1. You add everything you want to a list instead of table, pretty much just as you want.
  2. Then, SAVE the list as a .csv file
  3. Then, load it back from .csv, but as a table this time.

Much easier than looping through rows and columns to set each table cell separately.

HTH