UBot Underground

UBOT Facebook and hanging!

I've scripted something, in Facebook, but why is that ubot hangs and basically stops, even though there are no wait-finishes.

When I refresh the bot, it starts going again.

It's not only FB.

I have it to with another bot of me.

It visits about 2000 url's, checks whether "something" exists and saves it to a CSV.

So nothing special, but it hangs so often.

Terrible.

I've scripted something, in Facebook, but why is that ubot hangs and basically stops, even though there are no wait-finishes.

When I refresh the bot, it starts going again.

without more information, there's not much to say about your question.

However, one possibility is that maybe it is hanging because you have the wait parameter in the navigate command set to "Yes", and on complex pages like facebook, it never seems to finish loading.

Try that too Enigma, if you are having that same problem.

without more information, there's not much to say about your question.

However, one possibility is that maybe it is hanging because you have the wait parameter in the navigate command set to "Yes", and on complex pages like facebook, it never seems to finish loading.

Try that too Enigma, if you are having that same problem.

Try what?

Yes i always use the wait 30 seconds.

@Enigma

I've just tried logging into FB, clicking on links and then logging out; all using UBot with no hangs.

I think you need to provide a specific sequence that we can reproduce.

I don't use FB.

I use it to visit 2000 links to determine whether "something" exist or not.

Just a simple bot.

(read my first post in this thread)

It's not only FB.

I have it to with another bot of me.

It visits about 2000 url's, checks whether "something" exists and saves it to a CSV.

So nothing special, but it hangs so often.

Terrible.

If it hangs so often, then do you have example sites on which it hangs?

and if you don't have time to go through all those urls (2000's a lot!) then just note the website url somewhere when you encounter the hanging and we can take a look at it.

Don't forget to try the suggestion about turning WAIT to "NO" to see if it eases the hanging a bit.

If it hangs so often, then do you have example sites on which it hangs?

I do but won't give away the url's for a reason ;)

Anyway, i'm not the only one who is facing issues, as you see.

and if you don't have time to go through all those urls (2000's a lot!) then just note the website url somewhere when you encounter the hanging and we can take a look at it.

Don't forget to try the suggestion about turning WAIT to "NO" to see if it eases the hanging a bit.

I will try it Lilly.

From now on i set the WAIT in the NAVIGATE part to NO and add manually a WAIT 30 sec.

I wonder what's the difference, if there is actually any...

I know the WAIT FOR might be a solution but that is extra work, as not every page is the same, so it takes more time and "time is.....?" HINT:$$$ B)

I will try it Lilly.

From now on i set the WAIT in the NAVIGATE part to NO and add manually a WAIT 30 sec.

I know the WAIT FOR might be a solution but that is extra work, as not every page is the same, so it takes more time and "time is.....?" HINT:$$$ B)

right...

anyway if your urls are confidential, here support: support.ubotstudio.com

I will try it Lilly.

just saw this, and thanks I will try the NO command. I can understand why it might not be working. Surely it would take just one element on a page to no load fully for ubot to not consider the page fully loaded.

Will give it a go.

If your nav commands are set to not wait be sure to use the "wait for" command and target an element at the bottom of the HTML. Inside of FB there's a lot of easy html that's loaded first and then the more API driven stuff comes in after. Most likely wont cause any issues but better off getting into the habit now than trying to figure out why later on ;]

Try changing your user agent..

The techs at Facebook are very watchful..

Tools and instruction are available in the thread:

http://ubotstudio.com/forum/index.php?/topic/5047-how-to-change-useragent-in-ubot/

Praney

If your nav commands are set to not wait be sure to use the "wait for" command and target an element at the bottom of the HTML. Inside of FB there's a lot of easy html that's loaded first and then the more API driven stuff comes in after. Most likely wont cause any issues but better off getting into the habit now than trying to figure out why later on ;]

Thanks Dave, in bed last night and I thought something like that too.

Ubot in bed, is pretty twisted.