UBot Underground

Anyone able to find a fix for this? Want to drop content into an fckEditor box

1) turning off javascript doesn't work since the site doesn't provide an alternative

2) can't right click to change attribute, since fck brings up a custom menu in the box "edit, copy"

barman would love to, but barman does not want to out what he's doing.

jscript off works for one site, not another. is it possible to turn it off and on depending on script?

oh no, i searched the forum. every solution on this forum i have tried. there is a solution for tinymce but it doesnt port over to fckeditor

my mistake your right I read your message too quickly. :rolleyes:

• 2 months later...

Ah finally, spent 4 hours on this fucking shit. On the obesityblog, when you are at the blog execute this javascript:

javascript: void(FCKeditorAPI.GetInstance('post').SetHTML("Hello world<br>I hate this shit"));alert('hi')

And it will change the text of the textbox to:

Hello world

I hate this shit

Here is the ubot code for editting the fckeditor window in the sample site:

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/145/45322643.jpg

In order for it to work the page must be COMPLETELY DONE loading.

Furthermore, in order to get this javascript to work on other sites with fckeditor, you need to find the instance name of the fckeditor by inspecting the html code of the page. In this case it was easy to find because it was in the actual link of the iFrame containing the fckeditor:

/shared/df/FCKeditor2.6.3/editor/fckeditor.html?InstanceName=post&Toolbar=BlogPost

... but in other sites it won't be so easy.

Anyways, cheers, I'm done with this shit. Javascript makes me so angry.

-meter

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Hey Meter - good call. But I've still had problems with this. Whenever I try to pass a variable with line lines in it, this command just doesn't work either. Simple text, ok, but otherwise zippo.

Any ideas? (And I if figure it out, I will comment here.)

Frank

Thanks meter, I went down the route of removing them with </p><p> but still running into issues. Seems if I try to enter too much data - about the size of an article, the whole thing just barfs. So I'm kinda stuck.

Frank

Hey Frank,

I have no problem running the following JS code out of Ubot:

void(FCKeditorAPI.GetInstance('post').SetHTML("Chiropractic is a health care discipline and profession that emphasizes diagnosis, treatment and prevention of mechanical disorders of the musculoskeletal system, especially the spine, under the hypothesis that these disorders affect general health via the nervous system.[1] It is generally categorized as complementary and alternative medicine (CAM),[2] a characterization that many chiropractors reject.[3] Although chiropractors have many attributes of primary care providers, chiropractic has more of the attributes of a medical specialty like dentistry or podiatry.[4] The main chiropractic treatment technique involves manual therapy, including manipulation of the spine, other joints, and soft tissues; treatment also includes exercises and health and lifestyle counseling.[5] Traditional chiropractic assumes that a vertebral subluxation or spinal joint dysfunction interferes with the body s function and its innate intelligence,[6] a vitalistic notion that brings ridicule from mainstream science and medicine.[7]<br><br>D.D. Palmer founded chiropractic in the 1890s and his son B.J. Palmer helped to expand it in the early 20th century.[8] It has two main groups:  straights , now the minority, emphasize vitalism, innate intelligence and spinal adjustments, and consider subluxations to be the leading cause of all disease;  mixers  are more open to mainstream and alternative medical techniques such as exercise, massage, nutritional supplements, and acupuncture.[9] Chiropractic is well established in the U.S., Canada and Australia.[10]<br><br>Throughout its history, chiropractic has been controversial.[11][12] For most of its existence it has battled with mainstream medicine, sustained by ideas such as subluxation[13] that are not based on solid science.[14] Among chiropractors there are significant disagreements over vaccination.[15] The American Medical Association called chiropractic an  unscientific cult [16] and boycotted it until losing an antitrust case in 1987.[17] Chiropractic has had a strong political base and sustained demand for services; in recent decades, it has gained more legitimacy and greater acceptance among medical physicians and health plans in the U.S.,[17] and evidence-based medicine has been used to review research studies and generate practice guidelines.[18]<br><br>Many studies of treatments used by chiropractors have been conducted, with conflicting results. Collectively, systematic reviews of this research have not demonstrated that spinal manipulation is effective, with the possible exception of treatment of back pain.[14] The efficacy and cost-effectiveness of maintenance chiropractic care are unknown.[19] Chiropractic care is generally safe when employed skillfully and appropriately.[20] Spinal manipulation is frequently associated with mild to moderate adverse effects, with serious or fatal complications in rare cases.[21][22] A systematic review determined that the risk of death from manipulations to the neck by far outweighs the benefits, even though only  [t]wenty six fatalities were published in the medical literature ."));

Please note that your article cant have any \n, \r, ', or " characters.

• 10 months later...

I'm working on a website that also uses a FCKeditor. I'm trying to add a variable to the code so that I can have it submit an article I select in an ui open file window. void(FCKeditorAPI.GetInstance('body').SetHTML("{1}")) with {1} being a variable doesn't work for me, nor does using spin with the read file variable. Is there any way to make this code work with a variable?

Also are these IFrame's easier to deal with in Ubot 4?

I'm working on a website that also uses a FCKeditor. I'm trying to add a variable to the code so that I can have it submit an article I select in an ui open file window. void(FCKeditorAPI.GetInstance('body').SetHTML("{1}")) with {1} being a variable doesn't work for me, nor does using spin with the read file variable. Is there any way to make this code work with a variable?

Also are these IFrame's easier to deal with in Ubot 4?

Yes UBot 4 should handle these editors just fine.

Here's a video of how you might do it in UBot 4: http://screencast.com/t/lK9cXYqLy

Thanks Eddie, that's good to hear. Seemingly I can add a variable it just doesn't work when the text has any breaks (including <BR></BR>) in them. Guess I know what my first Ubot 4 bot will be...