UBot Underground

my current bot is starting to get pretty big, was wondering how you guys go about laying out a big bot.

I have it as one bot split into many different scripts, with related subs in the script. Am beginning to think perhaps it would be best to have each script as it's own sub and use an include to bring them all together.

That way when in ubot not so much would be in memory at one time (am on a 3year old+ laptop that grinds to a halt sometimes.

Any advice appreciated.

822k, not huge and probably not an issue for powerful machines. Just sometimes if I refresh I have to wait a minute, and there a couple of times a night ubot grabs 250mb+ of memory my machines wrrrrrrrrrrrrs for a while, I go back a cup of tea then about 3mins later it is back down to 50mb.

Probably close to 25 scripts each with a 2-3 subs in. Will try splitting it into 2-3 ubot files and see how that goes and report back.

• 3 weeks later...

Better memory handling is a must feature later down the line.

Don't really know the dyanamics of ubot, but the memory issues could be an internet explorer issue. I've noticed that version 8 is a huge memory hog. Good old M$. :angry:

Frank