UBot Underground

Confirming Registered Accounts / Activating Accounts

I've got the essentials of Ubot down now, but there is one last hurdle.

I've created a bot that goes to an open source platform and enters the required details.

The website sends me a confirmation email.

How can I confirm registered accounts with ubot?

This is THE thing that a tutorial would be great on.

Keep up the good work guys.

I've got the essentials of Ubot down now, but there is one last hurdle.

I've created a bot that goes to an open source platform and enters the required details.

The website sends me a confirmation email.

How can I confirm registered accounts with ubot?

This is THE thing that a tutorial would be great on.

Keep up the good work guys.

The best solution is to make a bot that reads the confirmation emails and clicks the confirmation links for you. ;)

The best solution is to make a bot that reads the confirmation emails and clicks the confirmation links for you. ;)

That's what I've been trying.

Use Gmail.

I am logging in fine.

And using the "Search Page" for the text. "activation code" which features in the subject of the message

Then I use the "click chosen" and a choose by attribute using wildcard to find "index.php&activation*". Then click chosen.

But it doens't work. What method should I be using?

Also what happens if there are two?

What I want to be able to do is extract all the confirmation URLS in batch and I can then cycle them through a list for activation.

Thanks for any help.

I just ran into this hurdle as well. I'm using yahoo mail..not sure how to tackle this.

I'm starting to see a lot of tools overtake me because they are able to login to Gmail using IMAP and confirm emails. I've got no shortage of ways that ubot can help me automate but as the spamming volume goes up the registration processes are becoming more complicated.

Are the development team of Ubot able to provide any advice or tutorials as to how this can be done, or might be dooable in the future? Are you guys working on something to help with this eventuality?

I'm starting to see a lot of tools overtake me because they are able to login to Gmail using IMAP and confirm emails. I've got no shortage of ways that ubot can help me automate but as the spamming volume goes up the registration processes are becoming more complicated.

Are the development team of Ubot able to provide any advice or tutorials as to how this can be done, or might be dooable in the future? Are you guys working on something to help with this eventuality?

I mean this is kind of the hard work of botting. whether its webmail, or any other site that has registration, its a constant game of cat and mouse between the site and the botters. there's not really any secret to it but to keep being flexible as the websites change. that's one of the reasons that ubot is such a great tool though, because it allows you to change the bot as the site changes.

what I can definitely is keep making the software more and more powerful, and as I do, it will be able to deal with some of these tough issues. also, just keep letting me know as they come up, because every problem that we find a way to get around makes ubot more powerful. this particular thread didn't really go anywhere, because the poster didn't want to help us in reproducing the problem, but we strongly encourage our customers to work with the dev team to figure out how to make ubot stronger and more effective all the time.

I mean this is kind of the hard work of botting. whether its webmail, or any other site that has registration, its a constant game of cat and mouse between the site and the botters. there's not really any secret to it but to keep being flexible as the websites change. that's one of the reasons that ubot is such a great tool though, because it allows you to change the bot as the site changes.

what I can definitely is keep making the software more and more powerful, and as I do, it will be able to deal with some of these tough issues. also, just keep letting me know as they come up, because every problem that we find a way to get around makes ubot more powerful. this particular thread didn't really go anywhere, because the poster didn't want to help us in reproducing the problem, but we strongly encourage our customers to work with the dev team to figure out how to make ubot stronger and more effective all the time.

Thanks Seth, just sent you a PM.

Thanks Seth, just sent you a PM.

I'm going to give yahoo mail another shot today, I'll let you know how it goes. If it goes smooth, I'll try gmail and post the code. :)

in answer to ninja's pm, I suggested using gmail's basic html version of the inbox. does yahoo have something similar?

yea yahoo mail has a "classic mail".. i just navigated directly to it using wildcards after logging in. i'm stuck on the clicking URLs now.

yea yahoo mail has a "classic mail".. i just navigated directly to it using wildcards after logging in. i'm stuck on the clicking URLs now.

scrape the page for links, put the scraped link into a list, and then cycle through a navigation statement with the urls in that list

scrape the page for links, put the scraped link into a list, and then cycle through a navigation statement with the urls in that list

ahh always a way..thank you very much..will give it a go. :)

i completed the yahoo mail confirmation email bot thingy. if anyones interested, i can post the code. as of right now, it is set up to click every link on the given page. i'm going to work on specifying the correct URL soon.

i completed the yahoo mail confirmation email bot thingy. if anyones interested, i can post the code. as of right now, it is set up to click every link on the given page. i'm going to work on specifying the correct URL soon.

yes i would be very interested in how u accomplished this...i have tried to confirm a link coming from youtube and it doesnt work (keeps telling me i have the wrong url or something) but when i actually click the link...it opens up a new window and confirms the acct.

I resolved this by switching to basic html and then selecting the email based on a keyword in the email subject line, present always. After selecting this, click chosen and selected a unique attribute on the activation URL and add this to a list. Next I have the ubot delete the activation email (so that the script only ever finds one activation URL in the inbox) and then NAV to the list (weirdly when it scraped the URL it put the scrape on line two of the list, so I needed to set the position of the list as part of the NAVVING process.

As I go from the registration process on youtube or whatever through to the activation of the URL (and then beyond :) ) it works fine.

If my bot was multithreaded, it would be dead!

Hope this helps.

I resolved this by switching to basic html and then selecting the email based on a keyword in the email subject line, present always. After selecting this, click chosen and selected a unique attribute on the activation URL and add this to a list. Next I have the ubot delete the activation email (so that the script only ever finds one activation URL in the inbox) and then NAV to the list (weirdly when it scraped the URL it put the scrape on line two of the list, so I needed to set the position of the list as part of the NAVVING process.

As I go from the registration process on youtube or whatever through to the activation of the URL (and then beyond :) ) it works fine.

If my bot was multithreaded, it would be dead!

Hope this helps.

so you have it working with youtube confirmation huh?...thats great...when i scape the url and nav to it...google says that its the wrong url or something...im going thru yahoo mobile (or whatever that is that Aaron showed in his tutorial) and i get into the inbox and open up the email by selecting the position...once in...i scrape the url and send it to a list then nav to the url in the list...did i miss a step?

so you have it working with youtube confirmation huh?...thats great...when i scape the url and nav to it...google says that its the wrong url or something...im going thru yahoo mobile (or whatever that is that Aaron showed in his tutorial) and i get into the inbox and open up the email by selecting the position...once in...i scrape the url and send it to a list then nav to the url in the list...did i miss a step?

Yahoo mobile doesnt open in a new window so you dont need to scrape the URL. Just pick some of the URL that is unique and Select Attribute then Click It.

Yahoo mobile doesnt open in a new window so you dont need to scrape the URL. Just pick some of the URL that is unique and Select Attribute then Click It.

that is the first thing i tried and it says its the wrong url...i followed your tutorial by going to that mobile yahoo page and i can log in and i can get to the email but for some reason that link is not clickable or able to be navigated to....have u tried it with a youtube link?

that is the first thing i tried and it says its the wrong url...i followed your tutorial by going to that mobile yahoo page and i can log in and i can get to the email but for some reason that link is not clickable or able to be navigated to....have u tried it with a youtube link?

Can you forward me the email to .........

You need to scrape the confirmation link. Then...

replace & with &

Then navigate to it

ok...i scraped the confirmation link using a wild card like http://google.com/accounts/VE?service=youtube&c=*=en

are u saying i should only scrape to "...youtube&" then nav to that with a wildcard?