UBot Underground

Hello, I'm New Here :-)

Hi There,

I recently purchased Ubot Developer and look forward to making bots. I'm currently on the 8th video in the training. I've dabbled in coding for the last 15-17 years. I started out with HTML and PHP when I was really young and I've slowly added to my skill set. Other skills I've learned include CSS, Javascript, MySQL, RegEx (just enough to be help me through tedious tasks) and I'm starting to learn Python. I've also used Team Treehouse in the past to help learn coding (I highly recommend it for those who want to learn to code).

I've used another bot maker in the past, but just as a thing to mess around with. Quite honestly, it was a very cumbersome setup that was just slightly better than coding everything by hand. So, while it was fun to play with, it just didn't seem like a viable thing to build a business off of.

I'm really happy that you guys ran the recent discount, as it was the thing that caught my attention and made me want to learn more. Then, while learning more, I discovered that you offer support for including Python code. This is perfect as I've been trying to learn Python and I figured that in addition to creating bots for my own uses or as products, it would also allow me to rapidly prototype Python applications with a GUI without having to learn Python like a pro before I could make a product.

Anyways, that's my botting story in a nutshell. I look forward to learning from everyone here, and I hope to become proficient enough that I can offer some of my own insights. Have a great morning/day/evening/night wherever and whenever you are :-).

Thanks.

Welcome to the community and whish you a pleasant stay around mere mortals here.

Overall you made a wise choise however you will need to learn Python and eventually use it as a main language, alongise ubot.

• Like 1

Hey Macster, thanks for the welcome. I luckily have about 5 books covering different aspects of Python on the way as well as Treehouse. The real trick for me is making the time :-). Hopefully in a couple years I'll be a pro at Python.

Thank you all for the greetings!

Welcome!!

Python is a lovely language!!

Enjoy your stay...

I've liked it so far. I haven't gotten too deep into it as I've been so busy, but I definitely think it'll be an important language for me to know for what I want to do.

Welcome to the community

Thanks TJ! I see you've built quite the business from bots. Is it what you do full-time? What was the first bot you made? I'm also curious how you manage the licensing and auto-updates for your bots.

Hi SEO and welcome.

Google was founded with Python, Artificial Intelligence is big with Python as well.

Learning UBot is a good training and at the same time can produce really useful results. With UBot you can automate a lot of different decision making processes and tasks in general.

Would definetly recommend to start with UBot coding first, cause it allows you a much more rapid development and deployment (and ease of use).

There are also many useful (paid) plugins: http://network.ubotstudio.com/forum/index.php/forum/63-plugins/

Also you can find a few useful free ones out there in the forum, for example from TJ (also called LoWrIdErTJ or simply BotGuru).

P.S.: As you are a web developer, you can play on your strengths with UBot quite a bit. Just try some UI HTML Panel (using it as the user interface) and see how it can work in real time with the UBot Logic "as a back end" - for me, that is a really cool capability. And/or you may want UBot to communicate with (or remote control) your web applications.

• Like 1

Hi SEO and welcome.

Google was founded with Python, Artificial Intelligence is big with Python as well.

Learning UBot is a good training and at the same time can produce really useful results. With UBot you can automate a lot of different decision making processes and tasks in general.

Would definetly recommend to start with UBot coding first, cause it allows you a much more rapid development and deployment (and ease of use).

There are also many useful (paid) plugins: http://network.ubotstudio.com/forum/index.php/forum/63-plugins/

Also you can find a few useful free ones out there in the forum, for example from TJ (also called LoWrIdErTJ or simply BotGuru).

P.S.: As you are a web developer, you can play on your strengths with UBot quite a bit. Just try some UI HTML Panel (using it as the user interface) and see how it can work in real time with the UBot Logic "as a back end" - for me, that is a really cool capability. And/or you may want UBot to communicate with (or remote control) your web applications.

Thanks Pro! I've been browsing the plugins area. Any that you might suggest as being "must have?" My concern with the plugins is that the companies behind them continue to be around. I love the open nature of allowing anyone to code plugins for your platform, but that's the primary drawback. It's one of the issues that WordPress often has. Have you had any issues with plugins made for Ubot?

Hi SEO,

I love the world of web development and the world of desktop applications (here UBot). Both of those two "worlds" are offering their own powers and usefulness.

Pro and Cons of Web:

• PRO high accessibility, serve many users at a time, open and wide spread community and source code.
  • CON not good for computation intensive tasks, source code is hard to protect or to keep proprietary.

Pro and Cons of UBot:

• PRO real time processing by default, capable of running computation intensive tasks, delivering higher power (to one user at a time), source code can be protected.
  • CON not as highly accessible, smaller community, less wide spread and less free libraries / plugins.

Plugins which I personally would consider a "must have", would include:

• Advanced Data Text File
  • ExBrowser
  • Advanced UBot 1 & 2
  • HTTP Post

Other paid plugins I else can highly recommend:

• Advanced DateTime
  • Advanced Document
  • Advanced Connection

I use quite a few more than that (paid and free ones) - I could easily recommend more, this are only the paid ones, that I use most frequently. Searching the forum and the plugin developers websites will reveal more diverse plugins and features available. It all depends most, what you are planning to achieve, of course.

P.S.: If you are planning to make a "mass purchase" of plugins of a specific author, it may be a good idea to write them a PM, they might give you a discount, if you are going to order more than one from them.

The world of classic web development is quite different than the world of proprietary desktop software development in quite some aspects, I hope you will find the best out of both  ^_^

• Like 2

Thank you so much for your very thoughtful reply and your suggestions.

I'd also like to invite anyone else to include their suggestions. I'm excited to see what I can do with Ubot. :)

Thank you so much for your very thoughtful reply and your suggestions.

I'd also like to invite anyone else to include their suggestions. I'm excited to see what I can do with Ubot. :)

HTTP Post and ExBrowser are the most useful probably because they both allow you to use something other than the Ubot browser. The Ubot browser is fine for most things but sometimes you need something fast (HTTP Post) or something that can work with any website (ExBrowser).

But otherwise there are loads of free plugins, TJ just released 21 free plugins so look for that. And Pash has a lot of great plugins and he updates them constantly. His are all the "Advanced" ones.

• Like 1

Thanks for all of the tips everyone. I've so far picked up the HTTP Post plugin, ExBrowser, and some of Pash's "Advanced" plugins including Advanced Ubot 1 & 2 and Advanced Data Text File :-)

LOL, happy botting then. This reminds me of my own entry. Good start ;-)

Your suggestions were immensely helpful. So, thank you! It was pretty cool to search the forum see how nearly unanimously everyone suggested the ExBrowser and HTTP Post plugins. I also enjoyed when I watched the demo video of ExBrowser and realized that one of the bots I was going to purchase a few months back was most likely made with Ubot + ExBrowser!

I've also joined up on the Skype group, so that should be cool to see what kind of problems/solutions people come up with.

Edited by SEO
  • Like 1

Cool story. I wish you a good journey ahead  B)

Call Ubot, they are the very best
Call Ubot to automate the Web
Choose Ubot to feel a bit more blessed
Commands and Functions, to rule from East to West

You must code smarter to keep up the pace
otherwise you will be a big disgrace
tell the competition them to take a rest
Ubot does run the game like Jesse James runs the Wild West

UI Panel fiddling, Multihread fixing, and some JS Code to ditch in
Scripting and Scraping and Getting and Setting
Ubot sets the competition crying and sweating

Looping and Coding, Debugging and Hacking
Delivering the good life for the botters, you see

Call Ubot, they are the very best
Call Ubot to automate the Web
Choose Ubot to feel a bit more blessed
Commands and Functions, to rule from East to West

Sorry OffSec, I just covered this song because it is so cool.

• Like 1