UBot Underground

I have been sketchy to pay for the updates because when ubot 4 came it took 6-8 months for the bugs to get worked out, I felt like a beta tester rather than a customer and ontop of that paying for bug fixes rather than new features.

Anyways, that time has gone and I do not wish to repeat it. How is it going? smooth?

Hey all,

There are actually only a few small issues that anyone has found in UBot 5 - and you can look at them here: tracker.ubotstudio.com.

I recommend following this for a few days as we'll be releasing a new update rather soon to clear out the majority of any unresolved issues that a few people are having.

Hey all,

There are actually only a few small issues that anyone has found in UBot 5 - and you can look at them here: tracker.ubotstudio.com.

I recommend following this for a few days as we'll be releasing a new update rather soon to clear out the majority of any unresolved issues that a few people are having.

Hi Jason I can't get 5 to compile anything I made in 4... not even the simplest of bots :(

If it does compile then it crashes:

http://www.mediafire.com/view/udf9q9lkj2658rm/Capture.PNG

I put in a ticket 2 to 3 days ago and no-one responded to it yet.

To say there are only a "few small issues" is not how I see it at all so what should I do do you think - use 5 or 4?

The answer is obviously keep using 4 as 5, for me, doesn't work for anything meaningful.

I appreciate you are doing your best but I do think it would be better to release this as an "alpha/beta 5" version and then we can help you fix it...

Cheers and good luck bug fixin' ;)

Its been a headache for me too.

• Regex problems..
  • Saving table data problems.
  • some nodes just will not run and be skipped.
  • Compilation fails.

I will just wait then. Shouldnt be like this.  But it is.

Software development its very complicated and a single line of code can make conflicts in other functions. (nesting is a pain)

So I understand Ubot team. But... :(

Hi Jason I can't get 5 to compile anything I made in 4... not even the simplest of bots :(

If it does compile then it crashes:

http://www.mediafire.com/view/udf9q9lkj2658rm/Capture.PNG

I put in a ticket 2 to 3 days ago and no-one responded to it yet.

To say there are only a "few small issues" is not how I see it at all so what should I do do you think - use 5 or 4?

The answer is obviously keep using 4 as 5, for me, doesn't work for anything meaningful.

I appreciate you are doing your best but I do think it would be better to release this as an "alpha/beta 5" version and then we can help you fix it...

Cheers and good luck bug fixin' ;)

Hi There,

Your ticket was answered twice on October 17th 2013 and October 18th 2013 and we have not received a response from you specifying your issue. I'm a bit worried you are not receiving our responses.

Can you check your email and send a response back when you can so we know you are receiving our responses?

The answer to the question will also be useful to finding out why your compiled bots are crashing on your system.

Thanks and see you in support.

Just my option pretty sure Seth will not care and most lightly delete the post

Apart from any unimportant automation I’m pulling away from ubot, as it has demonstrated again that it not a stable working platform, Version 3.5 could never run all its commands/functions correctly, so there was the upgrade to version 4, great idea but 3.5 and 4 where not compatible so we had no option but to rewrite all our bots.

Version 4 was unstable for over six months. Now just as version 4 starts to get more stable we update to version 5. It’s unknown how many problems we will have to work around in this version. And as ubot becomes more advanced the documentation’s becomes less on all these functions and commands. To top that of now we have many repeat commands and functions with all the plugins.

With this release it shows there is still more importance placed on marketing and creating more functions/commands then making a stable working product.

I have been using ubot almost 3 years (since Jan 2010) so if it’s not stable now it possibly never will be.

It’s great for making small scripts, to rip a small amount of data etc. but that’s about it.

I was going to just carrying on using version 4 but that will no longer be supported.

Bottom line the software should make life easier for the paying customer not cost them time/money working around these 90+ issues here, and going by the update from 3.5 to 4 these are just a start.

• Like 3

I agree with everything Zap is saying!!

I was hoping that the bugs in ubot 4 was gone in ubot 5,but so far i have not even been able to try ubot 5 due to all them bugs.

What really pisses me off is when you guys say there are just a FEW bugs in ubot 5 what do you guys think we are,retards????

You guys sure have your own definitions on FEW and SOON,50+ bugs is rather many bugs and soon is not 6+ months.

English is not my main language but it can't be that i have to learn you the definition of few and soon.

Why not just admit that there are many bugs in ubot 5 and you are working hard to get them resolved instead of this lying about all them bugs?

It's nothing to be ashamed about shit happens,but you do not gain a single customer if you try to just talk bs every time the word bugs are mentioned.

If you keep telling us that there are just a few bugs and a few people having problems with ubot 5 i will buy camtasia and make a honest ubot 5 review and show everyone that ubot 5 has more than a FEW bugs.

If you take all the time i have spend waiting for ubot 5 and now i have to wait a lot longer to be able to use it i would have made at least 5 bots in visual studio coding by hand!!

Ubot is one of the most expensive tools i have atm beside visual studio ultimate and i do not want all the time and money i have spend on ubot to just go down the drain (about 2k with all the extras i have bought)

I was really looking forward to use ubot 5 and i waited patiently but i am not going to wait forever.

So please stop treating us like kids and just admit there are bugs in ubot 5 and you are working hard to try to get them resolved.(i honestly think you are doing your best to try to fix the bugs but so far the bug list is growing faster than the resolved list)

I will leave you alone for now so you can work on fixing the bugs instead of wasting time telling us there are almost no bugs.

• Like 1

i've got bugs in mine, that aren't on the list or in the forum. you should have rolled this out sooner for us to test the shiznit out of as v4.9, plus a single main thread for us to all chat about bugs fixes. The ticket support system is ok, but not for a major release.

i've been asked to provide a video of why i can't semi minimise my ubot window. That would be the most non existant video ever. I mean i open ubot it takes the whole screen up. There is no window resize option, the box that is normally used to minimise a window below the screen size doesn't work. I would be interested to hear if other members had this kind of trouble, so i could partly figure out the problem, and help with other members troubles, instead i'm forced to submit tickets in isolation, and posts are deleted from the forum that discuss bugs.

I've got no problems sticking with 4 at the moment, its still shit hot as far as i'm concerned.

ubot is great for making things easier, why you guys don't copy the ethos behind it? company rules and bureaucracy? stuff that, adjust your system find the easiest way to go forward and get it fixed.

you could have us all on a conference call on google hangouts or something for 30 mins, showing you quick bugs that we all have, then we all meetup the week after same again. Any bugs? kaboom straightened out.

Guys this is exactly how I feel when I bought Ubot4 ... bugs here, bugs there ... my 3 months free updates wasted in functional "updates" no, "new feactures" updates.

I have deep experience in making boots using C#, Ruby(console bots, I have a Pinterest bot that runs in console, the so called socket mode here, with 100 threads(10.000 users) like a charm using Nokogiri and Mechanize gems, connect to db ... have a rails backend ...etc.) and many more, I bought Ubot to prototipe and in many cases speed some small to medium bots ...

In time when Ubot4 got more estable I started to use it as one of my main bot making platforms, it was soo easy to prototipe and in no time you have a "working" bot of almost anyting.

The important thing here for me is that ... ESTABILITY, I move from custom programmed bots to Ubot as Ubot4 got "stable"(this is in quotes cos, in many cases ubot is still unstable, like a bot that I need to run for weeks alone(50 or more threads), but let that aside), so now we get the so much waited Ubot5, and the history goes like in the pass, bugs, bugs ... people complains ... we have to paid for updates ... forum admins saying nothing happens(they should know one thing, "The client is always right" number 1 rule in marketing).

So, my question is .... are you guys dropping Ubot4 support? There is an estimated ETA for a stable Ubot5? You know we dont use Ubot to play "tic tac toe", we(me for example) use Ubot to make money, and for some is its it main income stream. So this is not a game of making bugs less important or just a matter of reputation or negative client marketing, its a core business tool for many guys here, not joking here anymore.

Can we spect an ETA for Ubot5? A real and responsable one, we have clients ... they dont care about "my tools have some troubles compiling the bot ...", etc ... or we have to use Ubot4 for some time till all gets fixed(i'm doing this)? Does Ubot4 will gets updates for now on? Are we going to have a 100% stable patform anytime in the future? I'll LOVE to see that ... this is a perfect idea ... a bot making lego studio, I really like it.

This is not a hate post, I love the idea behing Ubot .... its brillant, lets make it a 100% reallity.

Thanks.

• Like 2

@Lily thanks I have seen the response and sent an example bot for you to try and run.

For me it crashes in seconds, running on the same pc it compiled on...

I am quite worried now as I see above that the proposed policy is no longer to support 4?

IMHO it will take at lease 3 to 6 months to get 5 any where near stable given it's present form and I don't really see what 5 is trying to offer that could not be done in 4 with some extra plugins?

I just upgraded to dev and was looking forward to a stable period of earning which now seems under threat if you are dropping support for 4 (the only ver of Ubot that seems to work)?

Nobody here is criticising you guys and we all want to see Ubot succeed so the question is how best to achieve it?

Chasing new clients with 5 and leaving old 4 clients by the roadside is certainly not a good plan...

If I was a new client and trying 5 for the first time at the moment  I can assure you I would not have bought it and kept it whereas 4 I did and then upgraded to pro followed by an upgrade to dev...

Which of these scenarios is better for you guys at Ubot?

Keep and upgrade or lose for the wrong reason?

I know which I would choose...

For the moment I am going to stick to 4 and I hope that my support subscription gets used to improve it at the same time as you try and get 5 up to speed.

Drop 4 though and I think we (your existing loyal and enthusiastic client base) risk walking as we have to be confident that when we sell a bot or use a bot that it will do the job and not just land US with a huge raft of problems and support tickets that we cannot handle due to no support for 4 by you guys...

I'd dearly love it if 5 worked today but it doesn't so please don't try to hide the fact... let US help you get it working?

This won't be acheivable by hiding bugs behind a trouble ticket wall - it needs open discussion and a positive vibe in the existing license holder community ;)

another 2cts...

• Like 1

There are some bugs but they seem to be resolving quickly.. and compared with the version 3.5->4 update things are going much better.

That being said I like the cool extra tools they put in 5 like the regex editor (so you can be 100% sure your regex works with Ubot quickly), and the recorder.  Right now I've got 4nd 5 open.. creating in 4, but using the tools in 5 for assistance.  

We created a public bug tracker specifically as a platform for you to let us know what bugs exist in UBot Studio, what new features you'd like to see, and what's most important to the greatest number of users. The tracker keeps issues organized, sorted, and prioritized, which means that our developer team can fix bugs and add features in the fastest possible time frame.

Complaining in our forum about issues that may or may not have been already put in the tracker doesn't help anyone accomplish anything, and in fact it can make updates take longer. As JDJ said, we've seen a really positive response from the community about UBot Studio 5, and we've also seen a really positive response about the tracker.

In response to concerns about how many bugs we have, the purpose of a bug tracker is to track and contain bugs – and all software has bugs. And that is ok. As an example, here's a link to the bug tracker for the bug tracking software that we use. There are 1000+ reported bugs in it: http://www.redmine.org/projects/redmine/issues

Our tracker (when organized to see actual bugs that haven't been resolved) contains 41 bugs (as of this post). Many are specific to one user, or one website. If you're having an issue, check out the tracker and see if your issue is there. If not, please report it!

As we've said in the past, the UBot forum is not a platform to complain about gripes with the software or the company. Your suggestions are helpful and your reports are wanted. Please use this forum to discuss ways to work with UBot Studio, help each other out and to maintain a positive environment for everyone as we find our way through this world of internet automation.

• Like 1