UBot Underground

Hello From Thailand- Newbie Bot Questions

Hi guys and gals,

Well I hope this is the right place as I wanted to introduce myself and basically get involved.

I've only just bought ubot and had a look around the forum and it looks like there's some great ideas in here; Hope I can become skilled at using this tool!

Just a little bit about myself;

I'm from the U.K but run an internet marketing business in Thailand- been here for 8 years.

I actually bought the bot as I find myself stuck at the computer all day long, logging into sites to take orders, placing them in emails, etc etc.

I know exactly what I need the bot to do and so far I've managed to get it to log into one of my accounts and go to my client section- and that's about it.

I am totally open to learning and will be having a late night tonight trying to get my head around these lists etc which if I am totally honest, make no sense to me! ha ha

I'm pretty sure the bot I want to create is quiet easy for the seasoned botter! Anybody up for listening to the bot I want to create?

Thanks and I hope to become a helpful part of this community soon too!

Best regards

Barry way over in Thailand!

Welcome Barry. Please share away on the bot you would like to create.

Hi there, thanks a lot.

Well, first thje idea of me buying u-bot myself and not paying someone to make one for me is I didn't want someone overseas finding out my client source when developing this bot and potentially under-mining all the hard work and late nights I've put in by stealing my clients...well at least trying.

So, here I am! New things to learn, and hopefully more money to earn!

As I am very new to this, I am not sure how complex this bot is going to be to create, so here is what I would like her to do to free myself up from this repetitive copy/paste job that I spend hours doing everyday!

Please accept my apologies for the long thread as normally I wouldn't just jump in a forum and expect help right away, but I'm really on a time limit here. I will offer my help to anyone wanting to know about seo if they like as that is my area.

So, basically my dream-bot would need to do this for me

1. Navigate to a specific site, log in, and go to the manage orders section in my account (needs to look as human as possible)

2. Go to the next order in line, enter that link and copy the information in the order form (this is a public site so order numbers will not be sequencial, simply higher than the last order number that was placed with me. For example, Thursday's orders might be order #9876, and the next one might be #9954 and so on- so I would need the bot to navigate to the next one higher up in the line until it finished copy/pasting all the orders present for that day.

3. Paste a pre-written thank you message in the order form.

4. Take the copied piece of information, and paste this into my forum section "in tray" ready for my team to take the order and work their magic.

----------

That is the first part I would like to do, and eventually once things get moving, I would like to then create a bot, or use the same bot to recognize when completed orders hit the "out-tray" in the forum of mine (which my employees will be manually inserting) and then deliver them back to the corresponding order to the same site again, with a prewritten delivery message that needs to be pasted along with the order. (This part I am just mentioning but not totally essential right now)

Although some of you may be thinking that sounds like a rubbish service, every bit of communication regarding orders is done through a pm section on the site, so that is the area I would like to focus on while the bot extracts the information and does its thing!

Also, if possible I would like a to give me a foot massage everyday at 6 :D

Anyway, so I hope that above is possible and I really appreciate everyone's help in advance.

Looking forward to getting this bot started,

Best regards

Barry

Welcome aboard Barry!

Ohoy Shipmate!

No, your bot idea doesn't sound crap. It's basic fundamental of botting to take orders or deal with orders. So, don't worry, you're not sounding foolish and no need to apologise for lengthy posts. You should see my ones. If you checkout my posts, using this forum's search feature, then you will see I have created many threads asking basic questions and got a lot of answers which helped me learn Ubot faster. If you follow my threads around then you're likely to learn Ubot faster. And, don't forget to put me in your FRIENDS list.

Cheers!

Thanks a lot for the advice, I'll definitely take a look at your posts and add you to my friends list.

Speak shortly,

How does someone from the UK make him an American ?

I didn't say he was American.  I said I was.

Hey fellow expat! I'm just on the outskirts of Bangkok- never been to Malaysia myself and thanks for the welcome!

LOL, I guess I could have just looked at your username (*facepalm).  I haven't been to bangkok yet, but I have been to several places in the islands in the south (Krabi, Songhkla, Phuket, Phi Phi islands).  I used to do regular visa runs to thailand.  It's a great place!  I love the food there.

Anyway, have fun with ubot.  I'm no expert, but feel free to ask if you get stuck on anything.