UBot Underground

I keep seeing spam posts every now and then on the Forum.

I would have thought that such a place like ours would have had the knowhow to avoid such.... mishaps, LOL...

I know we all basically do kinda the same type of thing, sooner or later, to other places... but guys.. c'mon!

Can't the Forum add new members only after they purchase UBot, for instance? 

Have the sales team approve accounts manually if need be (although I am SURE they could automate the process)...

...OR, only allow people with a valid UBot license to post?

• Like 3

The spam post's are removed very quickly.

Luckily we have the "report" option that allows everyone to be a moderator of sorts.

Never, ever seen a spam post stick for more than a couple minutes...

oh crap - sorry about that. my darn Bot with its A.I. just has a mind of its own.   :P

Hey dude, we don't want to buy your fake ray ban sunglasses, or your nfl jerseys.

Keep it off the forum  ;)

Probably Xrumer. They should use those picture captchas like click on the dog.

Yeah, at least to registered.  I would get annoyed at having to click the dog or cat every time I post.  I agree with VB's idea somewhat, but to be honest, I was coming here before I bought ubot and it made more more excited to buy it and this forum is really what sold me on it (this was the most I had ever paid for software, so it took me almost a year to make up my mind - looking back, I should have just bought it in the beginning).  Maybe you should have a license to post, not sure about that one.

We did this for the last year +.

We changed it recently because of some issues we've been having where customers have not been using the forum and we are trying to promote forum use. 

Spam may have increased slightly in the past few weeks for this reason, but all the mods and others are doing a great job reporting it and getting it removed ASAP. If it becomes way too much of a hassle we will implement more spam-arresting measures.

Thanks everyone.

I keep seeing spam posts every now and then on the Forum.

I would have thought that such a place like ours would have had the knowhow to avoid such.... mishaps, LOL...

I know we all basically do kinda the same type of thing, sooner or later, to other places... but guys.. c'mon!

Can't the Forum add new members only after they purchase UBot, for instance? 

Have the sales team approve accounts manually if need be (although I am SURE they could automate the process)...

...OR, only allow people with a valid UBot license to post?

I agree with VB's idea somewhat, but to be honest, I was coming here before I bought ubot and it made more more excited to buy it and this forum is really what sold me on it

Correct - I didn't say it should not allow reading, just posting, that's all...

As a heavy Xrumer user myself, i would recommend that you remove Link (IP Board) from footer..
It's one of the footprint used to scrape forum list from search engine..

This itself will reduce the spam by 50%

• Like 2