UBot Underground

Purchased software this week...

I am going through the tutorials and have been able to create mini bots and will go to a url and log it. But thats about it. Once Im logged in, the bot refuses to post the text into the forms.

I have tried to do this on 2 different sites.

So, here I am, a non programmer, and I'm lost.

Support sent me a suggestion, but I'm still lost.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Hal

Frustration comes along with the territory. Welcome to the world of programming where if you don't have a thick skin and strong belief in yourself, you will either fail from giving up or be successful through perserverance. It is one of the few disciplines where you will make more mistakes through trial and error, to get to the one time where it all comes together and works.

Your lucky. Out of all the technical forums I hang out on, this one is right up there with people who are willing to help.

Well, its frustrating because I know what I want it to do, and hoping it CAN, but don't know how to get it done.

Frustration comes along with the territory. Welcome to the world of programming where if you don't have a thick skin and strong belief in yourself, you will either fail from giving up or be successful through perserverance. It is one of the few disciplines where you will make more mistakes through trial and error, to get to the one time where it all comes together and works.

Your lucky. Out of all the technical forums I hang out on, this one is right up there with people who are willing to help.

Well, its frustrating because I know what I want it to do, and hoping it CAN, but don't know how to get it done.

Then you need to be patient and take the time to acquire skills and knowledge. You aren't going to be a professional road cyclist racing in the Tour de France in one week. You have to put in the hard work. Its going to take time and how long that takes is up to you.

There is no code generated...just the gui interface elements?

Is there code to see somewhere? I'm working on a site called BetterNetworker.com

hal

You won't see code because you got the Standard Edition. My suggestion is to work with this edition to familiarize yourself with the product for at least one month. Then, upgrade to Pro edition.

I'm a business person, not a programmer.

Then you need to be patient and take the time to acquire skills and knowledge. You aren't going to be a professional road cyclist racing in the Tour de France in one week. You have to put in the hard work. Its going to take time and how long that takes is up to you.

You won't see code because you got the Standard Edition. My suggestion is to work with this edition to familiarize yourself with the product for at least one month. Then, upgrade to Pro edition.

Hi,

I tried to attached a small video of the problem but i'm not able to post anything over 2mgs. Anyway, The Bot is able to access the site, insert username and password but its hanging up when I get to the little 'EDIT' button which is suppose to give me the chance to update my daily status.

hal

If you right click a node and copy it, then post into the forum you can show/share the code without a ubot file. For the folks who are good with code view it'll help a lot.

The first day I spent with ubot was mostly me staring at the computer with no idea wtf I was doing. Next day I started working on simple bots and continued to do this pushing what I knew little by little. I'm by no means an expert, but you gotta push your comfort/knowledge and fill the bot-bank in your head. Everything is one step. Once you get further you can build bigger bots that'll pillage and plunder on autopilot.

navigate("http://www.betternetworker.com", "Wait")

wait(10)

click(<login link>, "Left Click", "No")

wait(4)

type text(<full name field>, "myUsername", "Standard")

type text(<password field>, "mypassword", "Standard")

wait(7)

click(<login button>, "Left Click", "No")

wait(10)

click(<class="boxy helpsmall">, "Left Click", "No")

wait(10)

wait(4)

wait(7)

wait(10)

Right away without testing your code the problem I see is your commands are jumping the gun. You did not tell your bot to wait for either an element or the browser to finish loading. Instead of using the wait and defined in seconds you should you use "wait for browser event".

Once you get a little bit more familiar with ubot you can begin using the wait for element to speed up you bots. Good Luck!

The browser is loading. The problem is THIS part of the code:

That is the part that does not work.

Support Told me to insert the WAIT command.

When does one use the WAIT AND DEFINE code? And what does it DEFINE?

Hal

Right away without testing your code the problem I see is your commands are jumping the gun. You did not tell your bot to wait for either an element or the browser to finish loading. Instead of using the wait and defined in seconds you should you use "wait for browser event".

Once you get a little bit more familiar with ubot you can begin using the wait for element to speed up you bots. Good Luck!

Support may have misunderstood the problem you were having. Using the wait command instead of waiting for either an element or the browser to finish loading is unreliable. Try this code below and then examine it to understand why it is working correctly.

Thanks.

wait for browser event("Everything Loaded", "")

thanks.

hal

Support may have misunderstood the problem you were having. Using the wait command instead of waiting for either an element or the browser to finish loading is unreliable. Try this code below and then examine it to understand why it is working correctly.

Thanks.

Hey Socialme,

You have to really look at web automation on a step by step process. If you go to the site, you would be performing these 'extra steps' without even thinking. For example, let's say you decide to go to the www.betternetworker.com site. After you hit enter to navigate to the site, do you look for the login button to click or do you have to wait for the page to be composed in your browser, then click it?

You are going to say, well of course, I"m going to wait. We as human beings are super intelligent and can adapt to many situations. Computers on the other hand, only fake intelligence. We as program designers MUST think the steps through for successful execution. And I won't lie, initially this is very frustrating.

I had choice words for the folks here in my beginnings, as I wasn't a programmer either. But over time, something clicked in my brain and I came to realize that I needed to really think through each step. Since then, I have become a programmers, as now it's super easy! (Well, most of the time,lol.)

So, have patience with yourself and experiment. The other ubotters here on the forum are also a great source of information, as you've come to notice. To me that probably the very best part of ubot - it's community of users!

Best of luck!!

Frank

hi,

thanks for your note. Do you know of a decent BEGINNERS Tutorial that will help me get up to speed on this thing?

I don't want to be a programmer. I want a solution to my business problem.

Thanks.

Hal

Hey Socialme,

You have to really look at web automation on a step by step process. If you go to the site, you would be performing these 'extra steps' without even thinking. For example, let's say you decide to go to the www.betternetworker.com site. After you hit enter to navigate to the site, do you look for the login button to click or do you have to wait for the page to be composed in your browser, then click it?

You are going to say, well of course, I"m going to wait. We as human beings are super intelligent and can adapt to many situations. Computers on the other hand, only fake intelligence. We as program designers MUST think the steps through for successful execution. And I won't lie, initially this is very frustrating.

I had choice words for the folks here in my beginnings, as I wasn't a programmer either. But over time, something clicked in my brain and I came to realize that I needed to really think through each step. Since then, I have become a programmers, as now it's super easy! (Well, most of the time,lol.)

So, have patience with yourself and experiment. The other ubotters here on the forum are also a great source of information, as you've come to notice. To me that probably the very best part of ubot - it's community of users!

Best of luck!!

Frank

Hey Hal, the offerings are out there, but you do have to hunt. If you do a google search on ubot tutorials and then filter to just find videos, there's a lot out there.

Not to do a cheezy advert, but I will be soon doing mentorship programs with Ubot, designed for non-programmers. It is pricey, but the idea is in the next six months, you'll have all the skills you need to imagine, develop and market bots created with ubot. If you want more info, drop me a pm.

Cheers,

Frank