UBot Underground

will the bot bank ever be optional

I'm just curious, and I'd like just a simple yes or no...

Will the bot bank ever be OPTIONAL?

I really don't want it, have never used it, and don't plan on using it, and I know many users, but not all, feel the same way. The bot bank comes with it's own set of issues and overhead that I personally feel would be far more beneficial as an optional feature.

I believe this is completely up to the devs...

That being said, I did receive an email from Seth the other day about the bot bank to do a survey.

Here is the link:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/RK3GM6B (If the devs don't want this publicly shared, then please remove the link)

I personally never use the bot bank either, but if the devs think that it's a good idea, then hey... It is their software after all.

I don't really believe that it has that much overhead, and the issues shouldn't be a problem if you never use it...

Just my .02,

Justin

I don't think you would save much dosh if they didn't include it so I doubt they will ever make it optional. Its like a bonus feature. If you don't like it you don't have to use it. Thing is if you need something like what is in their it can save you some time.

I would like to see more complex bot examples though. The ones in the bot bank are pretty simple.

;)

I believe this is completely up to the devs...

Yea I'm hoping one of them will chime in soon enough. I honestly won't really be bummed out if it's never optional, I just want to know if it will be and would rather not have it.

Eddie has tested it extensively and it uses less than 2MB. There is no significant overhead at all. If you don't like it, just don't use it.

John

I don't think you would save much dosh if they didn't include it so I doubt they will ever make it optional. Its like a bonus feature. If you don't like it you don't have to use it. Thing is if you need something like what is in their it can save you some time.

I would like to see more complex bot examples though. The ones in the bot bank are pretty simple.

;)

I agree that it is very much a bonus feature for new users. I think that it could save a lot of new users a lot of time. I think it is easier to see how something works with a working example to learn from it.

So in reality it is a good thing to have to help new users that are just starting out with UBot. I mean, just look at how many threads are started and answered very quickly (I might add, thanks guys) by complete beginners.

Is this a bad thing. No. Can the bot bank maybe help new users learn how to code things without having to start a new thread. Yes. Is it bad for new users to start a new thread if they don't understand how to do something. No.

We all started out as beginners and only learned through the awesome help that we got on this forum (and banging our head against the wall only to have an ah-ha moment :) , you guys know what i'm talking about). Is this what makes this forum such a great one. Yes. Everyone seems to pitch in and help when someone gets stuck or doesn't quite understand something.

So you should try and see both perspectives in how it's good for new users, but not very applicable for the more advanced users.

Would I like to see more effort placed towards making Ubot a more stable software overall in terms of threading and looping. Yes.

Yea I'm hoping one of them will chime in soon enough. I honestly won't really be bummed out if it's never optional, I just want to know if it will be and would rather not have it.

I have said myself that I never use it, and probably never will. But I got the hang of UBot (thanks to all you helpful guys on the forum, you know who you are!) before the bot bank came out. This is probably why the more advanced users probably don't need it.

But I can see how it might be able to help potential users learn the software faster, which could in turn help the dev team improve the software faster, by not having to answer so many questions.

I would be more than willing (and try to be) on this forum all day answering questions while the dev's work on the stuff to keep Ubot the best automation tool possible.

Keep riding Awesomium's ass guys... Please!

Justin

Eddie has tested it extensively and it uses less than 2MB. There is no significant overhead at all. If you don't like it, just don't use it.

John

lol john, I don't use it, because I don't like it, but y'all are skipping over my simple yes or no question.

Will it EVER be optional, yes or no. I don't need remarks like that one, just yes or no would be fine, as I've said before.

Is it so hard to just say no? :)

The bot bank comes with it's own set of issues and overhead that I personally feel would be far more beneficial as an optional feature.

You do understand that I work for the company, and when the company or product is misrepresented I will respond accordingly. Your statement was inaccurate and required clarification. Which is exactly what I did. I would appreciate not being told how to answer posts. I know exactly what I am saying and why I am saying it..

But the short answer you are looking for right now is no. There are no current plans to make it optional. But it's irrelevant because it does not interfere with anything non-users are doing inside UBot.

I hope I've cleared this up for you.

John

You do understand that I work for the company, and when the company or product is misrepresented I will respond accordingly. Your statement was inaccurate and required clarification. Which is exactly what I did. I would appreciate not being told how to answer posts. I know exactly what I am saying and why I am saying it..

But the short answer you are looking for right now is no. There are no current plans to make it optional. But it's irrelevant because it does not interfere with anything non-users are doing inside UBot.

I hope I've cleared this up for you.

John

I hear ya, i didn't mean to make any misrepresentation on the bot bank, I do however apologize for coming across that way.

But yea I guess if it doesn't slow anything down at all when creating bots, I don't really see a problem with it but i was under the impression for some reason that this was the case.

No biggie though thanks for the answer. And yes, that did clear it up for me :)