UBot Underground

How Long Did It Take To Get Good At Ubot?

I seem to be having a lot of trouble with UBot but I really know that UBot can help me with all my SEO activities. BUt, I have no programming skills and I don't seem to pick this stuff up naturally. I bought UBot thinking hearing that it is noob friendly but is it noob friendly for programmer and coders?

I'm wondering if it is even worth my time to learn as it seems that I am learning soo slowly.

How long did it take you guys? My mind is about to explode as there are so many different functions it is overwhelming.

Thanks

Hi surf...

I think the best thing you can do for yourself is to NOT think of UBot in terms of how much there is to learn, but rather what it is YOU need to learn to get started. I was able to take ZERO experience, knowledge and coding ability and master UBot in very short order. This is EXACTLY how I did it:

At the time (three years ago) there were no pdf's, knowledgebase, etc...there were a few videos and the forum. SO...

I decided on a single, simple project to learn with (like...register, log in and do something on a single site)...

I approached my automation project with a "manual" mindset. In other words I would think of all the exact steps it would take to accomplish what I wanted to do manually, and then one at a time learn each step in UBot.

For example...I knew to start I had to navigate to the site (naturally)...so I went and learned how to navigate in UBot...I would add the command, save my script and move to the next step, etc, etc...Any ONE step I couldn't figure out on my own, I went to the forum and asked. Even though I had NOTHING in terms of a programming vocabulary, I didn't really need one because I was dealing with one command at a time and getting simple explanations from forum members...In less than a week of doing this I was putting together full (basic) scripts.

Because I learned the scripts step by step, the knowledge was sticking and I could begin thinking about the next step (for example, I successfully created a single account, now I want to create multiple accounts by adding loops etc).

I can assure you...I had ZERO prior knowledge, so I have been in your shoes! It LOOKS much more daunting than it really is. With UBot, you will have a series of "AHA!" moments that come quickly and in groups. If you need help with any of your processes, by all means, use the forum. I am here as well as a ton of other very experienced and helpful members. The only dumb question here is the one you don't ask. Trust me...Ask Net66 (Andy) about my first days when he was trying to explain to me what a variable was and answering questions like "why would I want to use a variable?") If you could classify any question as "dumb", believe me...I asked it!

John

• Like 1

Hi surf...

I think the best thing you can do for yourself is to NOT think of UBot in terms of how much there is to learn, but rather what it is YOU need to learn to get started. I was able to take ZERO experience, knowledge and coding ability and master UBot in very short order. This is EXACTLY how I did it:

At the time (three years ago) there were no pdf's, knowledgebase, etc...there were a few videos and the forum. SO...

I decided on a single, simple project to learn with (like...register, log in and do something on a single site)...

I approached my automation project with a "manual" mindset. In other words I would think of all the exact steps it would take to accomplish what I wanted to do manually, and then one at a time learn each step in UBot.

For example...I knew to start I had to navigate to the site (naturally)...so I went and learned how to navigate in UBot...I would add the command, save my script and move to the next step, etc, etc...Any ONE step I couldn't figure out on my own, I went to the forum and asked. Even though I had NOTHING in terms of a programming vocabulary, I didn't really need one because I was dealing with one command at a time and getting simple explanations from forum members...In less than a week of doing this I was putting together full (basic) scripts.

Because I learned the scripts step by step, the knowledge was sticking and I could begin thinking about the next step (for example, I successfully created a single account, now I want to create multiple accounts by adding loops etc).

I can assure you...I had ZERO prior knowledge, so I have been in your shoes! It LOOKS much more daunting than it really is. With UBot, you will have a series of "AHA!" moments that come quickly and in groups. If you need help with any of your processes, by all means, use the forum. I am here as well as a ton of other very experienced and helpful members. The only dumb question here is the one you don't ask. Trust me...Ask Net66 (Andy) about my first days when he was trying to explain to me what a variable was and answering questions like "why would I want to use a variable?") If you could classify any question as "dumb", believe me...I asked it!

John

Thanks for that. I really needed it! I think what makes it hard is that I have never seen anything like this or do I have any skills that can relate to what I am doing lol.

It seems that you were in my shoes at one point. Honestly, thanks again for your help, it is making this dreading process a lot easier. I have to admit it is kinda cool when you kinda figure out even the smallest little things

Dan

That's exactly right...there were times I would figure out something like filling a form field, but it felt like I invented sliced bread! lol

John

Hu surfpc,

I'm relatively new to ubot myself - picked up my standard version last October I think.

Anyhow, I'm by no way an expert at ubot, however about 2 months ago something "clicked" for me with how I am using it.

This "click" or realisation occured mainly from having an idea - trying to go it alone, then coming here and asking for help.

It seems the type of bots I was making follow a certain pattern in what I need and when I realised that along with the help I was receiving I was able to speed up how I program ubot.

Now, I still come here and ask questions, but before I get to that I'll try to code the bot firstly, then search the forum secondly, then go back and try again with the code. Finally, if I can't get the issue out I'll post in the forum where I always get excellent help from the team (TJ, ubotbuddy, JohnB and others).

So, just keep at it. I think you gotta love using the software in order to get through the barrier. It's funny though, I now see "problems" as challenges or "how would ubot do it" sort of thing. Even talking things through in my head I would use better logic now thanks to ubot!

Great question - and from a noob such as myself I wanted to chime in for others reading this thread and wondering the same thing.

I second John's "Aha!" moments. I've had lots of these. They DO come, and I'll continue to ask "dumb questions" :)

Kevin

In all seriousness, I came to Ubot with no knowledge and I learned a lot of things from a lot of people. For a small company (it was even smaller back then), to have access to so many people who not only know what they're doing, but are willing to help was amazing to me. I am sure I frustrated a lot of people...there was not ONE coding concept I understood out of the box...every command (except for navigate) had to be explained to me, and in many cases, more than once.

I guarantee you, when you first start with UBot it "feels" WAY more complicated than it actually is.

John

Kidding aside.

John's right. I was there as well.

The secrets are Starting, Practicing, Asking Questions, and Challenging Yourself. Finally, sticking to that regiment.

That's how we did it. And we were two versions prior to this one so UBot was REALLY hard to pickup back then.

• 1 year later...

I have searched the forums cause I was interested in this question since I will be starting to learn tomorrow with the dev version.

No one has really answered the question in a sense that narrows down a time frame.

How long did it take you to learn. Basics, intermediate, advanced.

If I spend one 40 hour week on it how far SHOULD I get with it.

I know the question is theoretical but I am curious as to if its worth it or to keep paying my VA's to code for me. Almost everything I have made is a macro bot anyways I think I would save alot of money.

Could I be done with the begginer level within a full work week. If I spent 8 hours a day x 5 days.

Thank you. 

Oh dont listen to John! I taught him everything he knows today and then some.

ROFL

Signed up on your site, hope it helps. lol. I can do basic php and all html with crappy css. I think that will hurt me more than help though since I don't have a full understanding and lack the necessary programming skills to understand nodes and stuff like that.

uBot is definitely noob friendly! I haven't had it over a few weeks, but I have learned a lot! You gotta take the learning process 1 step at a time. You aren't going to go out there and make one of the masterpieces right off the bat! Start off by making a simple bot. :)

uBot is definitely noob friendly! I haven't had it over a few weeks, but I have learned a lot! You gotta take the learning process 1 step at a time. You aren't going to go out there and make one of the masterpieces right off the bat! Start off by making a simple bot. :)

So give me an example of how much time you spent in the few weeks. I'm assuming that means about three and what can you do now.

Knowing the beginner functions of Ubot is really simple... you should be able to learn about the basics within a week and begin to build some interesting bots. I geuss it all depends on how much you know already. :)

So give me an example of how much time you spent in the few weeks. I'm assuming that means about three and what can you do now.

I would say about 3 and a half hours programming within uBot, another hour or so researching. Right now I have 3 signup bots, a commenting bot, and a messaging bot for a specific website.

I think most people that start out learning ubot is going about it the wrong way. There is no point sitting there for hour after hour watching and reading through tutorials without having some sort of bot in mind. Start out with something simple, and learn from the first command you need to begin the automation.

The only real problem I had starting out with ubot were the list. Once I understood the list and how they work everything started to come together.

• Like 1

I think yah have answered my questions and I do appreciate it. I do not know how to close this but know I have enough info now.

I know if I work on a bot and learn at the same time I should have that completed well within a week then I can pick a harder one and 

a harder one to move up.
I will duplicate first though to make sure I know it.

Thank you everyone. It is worth my time to learn and not hire out no more. Wouldn't cost me so much but I always want the source code.