UBot Underground

The missing gap to full ubot automation (filled)

Hi Tony,

Everything is showing up correctly for me now. Seems like the update worked!

Hopefully, more people will sign up and you can get this going. Like I said, I would be more than willing to pay for something like this.

The part I am most interested in is the monitoring of the bots, and if they crash to pick back up where it crashed at...

Justin

Awesome! Thank you for trying again and letting me know about it!

cheers

tony

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys,   its Sunday and raining - so I spent the day in front of the computer doing a a bunch of things. Today I got another email from someone asking how to control & trigger ubots from a webs

Hi Tony,   Quite impressive! I am interested.   Big +1

I enjoyed the videos! Got me to thinking about how it's done. First thing to remember is that you cannot run ubot .exe's on a server like Hostgator or GoDaddy. This process requires your own computers

Posted Images

*BUMP*

Come on guys, go sign up for his list. This looks amazing!

Very interesting, count me in !

Phil

i`m in for this too

Thanks for the notes - it's a couple people more now - but not enough for creating a very professional tutorial series.

However speaking to some uboters - I decided to create some kind of mini tutorial.

We have not yet decided how to do it - but imaginable is a webinar or something like that. Updates will follow on the mailing list.

cheers

tony

Thanks for the notes - it's a couple people more now - but not enough for creating a very professional tutorial series.

However speaking to some uboters - I decided to create some kind of mini tutorial.

We have not yet decided how to do it - but imaginable is a webinar or something like that. Updates will follow on the mailing list.

cheers

tony

I don't think that we are really looking for a "professional" video tutorial so to speak. I think we would just want to know how you are accomplishing what you show in the video. And the actual "software" or process you are using.

I know it would take a lot of time to do "professional" videos, and like I said I don't think it's necessary. A mini tutorial showing "how" would be very great!!!

Justin

• 2 weeks later...

I enjoyed the videos! Got me to thinking about how it's done. First thing to remember is that you cannot run ubot .exe's on a server like Hostgator or GoDaddy. This process requires your own computers, or one very powerful one with VMWare running multiple machines on it.

The process is rather simple, but requires somewhat decent knowledge of PHP programming, local networking, DOS commands, and .BAT files. I will discuss only the bots and the basic interface here. The last 3 items are for some other time.

Basically, the web interface can open and then read or edit text files, and run bots using DOS commands through PHP scripts. The text files would be the same ones that ubot reads and saves to.

Example:

Your ubot is set to automatically read the file "config.txt" as soon as it starts. This file is filled with information from the control panel (unique ID, etc.).

The bot reads the unique ID and uses this to generate the data output file. So, if you had your ID set to "bot21", then the bot would create a file called "bot21.txt" in the directory. It will do this immediately. It also creates another file called "bot21-status.txt" and puts in some information about whether the bot has started or is complete. You can also add in some more detailed tracking if you like.

Back at the control panel, you use php to read these files and gather the status and output from the bot anytime you like. The control panel can be set to check the status file at intervals, watching for errors or completion.

The hardest part is simply how many moving parts this system has. Just think in small steps and work through the process a few times in your mind or on paper and you can get something working.

From my experience, it is easier to get a bunch of laptop computers and have them on your desk running compiled bots. Saves alot of work and setup time for a fancy system like this. If you have remote computers that you want to run bots on, I recommend remote accessing them so you can see the screens and actually run the exe's manually. Even with a fancy control panel system you will need to occasionally see exactly what is happening on the remote machines.

Now if the bots could be executed on an actual webserver, totally different story. But that simply cannot happen.

• Like 1

About time this thread got a bump...

But I would like to hear from Tony the inter-workings...

Not saying you aren't an advanced user, but he did create this thread.

I enjoyed the videos! Got me to thinking about how it's done. First thing to remember is that you cannot run ubot .exe's on a server like Hostgator or GoDaddy. This process requires your own computers, or one very powerful one with VMWare running multiple machines on it.

Thanks for the kuddos.

That you can not run ubot on a webserver is not true. Just make sure your webserver is running the OS windows and you are ready to go. ;-)

Just choose windows as OS when signing up for you hosting plan on godaddy (even starts on level shared hosting), hostgator (min. dedicated server) etc.

As a side note - forget about all the shared hosting plans - you should at least get a vps anyway!

About time this thread got a bump...

But I would like to hear from Tony the inter-workings...

Not saying you aren't an advanced user, but he did create this thread.

;-)

Bump it up for the last time!!!

:D

Thanks for the bump. I will send out some info about a potential webinar to the signed up users soon. However currently i am covered with work (1 client with extra wishes and a own project we got to finish) However i have something in mind for you guys.

cheers

tony

Hey Tony,

I watched your video.

I have couple of questions:

1) I understand that you're running the web script which then triggers the .exe file from your active desktop. How different this will be then with setting up your own windows desktop scheduler?

2) Can it run ubot exe from "cloud" (hosted elsewhere in the web server)?

Thanks

Saikat

Whats up tony? Just bumping your thread so more will subscribe so we can begin this... :)

Yeaaaaa - lets get some mmore people intersted!!!! :-)

Hey Tony,

I watched your video.

I have couple of questions:

1) I understand that you're running the web script which then triggers the .exe file from your active desktop. How different this will be then with setting up your own windows desktop scheduler?

2) Can it run ubot exe from "cloud" (hosted elsewhere in the web server)?

Thanks

Saikat

Hi Saikat ... answering ur questions quickly:

1.) Think outside the box ->

a.) you will be able to pass on variables the ubot should use

b.) you can trigger the run of a bot from your website

c.) you can offer bot services to people rather than handing out ubots

d.) you can combine it with other webactions - so it is semi automated - rather than starting at a specific time. -> like someone is searching for something on your page. You than trigger the bot and return the result to the user. (similar to c)

e.) you can keep track of the input and output/results

f.) you can restart your bot when it frooze

g.) you can combine it with other scripts - so your ubot is just a part of the puzzle of a much bigger system

i could go on there is really hundrets of advantages and opportunities that open up.

2.) Yes of course - as long as your cloudserver is running windows ;-)

cheers

tony

Thanks for the kuddos.

That you can not run ubot on a webserver is not true. Just make sure your webserver is running the OS windows and you are ready to go. ;-)

Just choose windows as OS when signing up for you hosting plan on godaddy (even starts on level shared hosting), hostgator (min. dedicated server) etc.

As a side note - forget about all the shared hosting plans - you should at least get a vps anyway!

;-)

I stand corrected. That's pretty cool that you can get a remote computer like that. I have always dealt with Linux hosting, so the windows option is interesting. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the heads up guys!

There seems to be some interest in it and i will be happy to share how it is done. I will not make it a big product though as this would be a big loss of resources (since only a few people interested) but a small tutorial/webinar. I promise!

Unfortunately i have not even opened up the ubot app in the last month even once! This is because i am currently involved in other projects i have to finish first. Then there is time for fun stuff like this tutorial.

In the mean time I was looking for some nice software doing realtime webinars and came across the webinar plugin for wordpress. The vendors of this plugin mentioned that realtime webinars should be a functionality (next to auto webinars recorded upfront) - not released yet though. The moment it is released (i hope soon) i think this webinar is a cool test for me to use this functionality (without paying an arm and a leg at gotowebinar) and to teach you some fun stuff.

If any of you has another nice webinar solution i can use please share your experience and ideas. I am all eager to hear about it.

thanks for your patience :-)

tony

P.S. I am also looking for some Long Term JV Partners in the IM Space. If you have a list of subscribers or a product you sell to that target group, please send me a note as well.

Its good to hear from you Tony. I have been pretty busy myself.

Hey for webinars that don't cost you, look at http://anymeeting.com/ . Its free and not bad. We do Webinars for free every now and then.

Hope to see some action soon.

Cheers!

Praney

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the recommendation about the webinar software guys.

Here is something exciting for most of you - at least I hope so. :-)

I will try to schedule a tutorial in some way in the next time (as soon as I can).

But in order to make sure i meet you guys expectation I created a survey. Please take a minute and fill out the survey on this page (no optin required):

http://webboty.com/ubot-manager-total-ubot-automation/ubot-automation-survey/

Looking forward to your replies.

cheers

tony

Just took the survey...

Left some detail in the boxes, I only hope that others do as well to help speed this up.

We have all been looking for this solution to *truly* automate our workflow with Ubot. Ubot alone is great, but with this it takes things to a whole different level in terms of scaling.

How great it will be to start my bot, and know that it is being babysitted without me constantly checking in on it. Re-starting where it left off when it crashes automatically will definitely be a game changer, and I know it will free up my time to work on other projects to truly take my business to a whole new level. ( I don't sell bots yet, just use them for my own business)

Really excited to see this is finally coming.

Justin

Hey Tony,

Thanks for taking the time to create the tutorial for this.

I just took the survey, and would be waiting to hear some about this soon from you.

Good luck mate.

Praney

Hey Tony,

I just took the survey, and would be waiting to hear some about this soon from you.

Good luck mate.

Praney

Same from me, survey completed, and thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Phil

Done answering the survey.. :)

thx! :-)

Just took the survey...

Left some detail in the boxes, I only hope that others do as well to help speed this up.

We have all been looking for this solution to *truly* automate our workflow with Ubot. Ubot alone is great, but with this it takes things to a whole different level in terms of scaling.

How great it will be to start my bot, and know that it is being babysitted without me constantly checking in on it. Re-starting where it left off when it crashes automatically will definitely be a game changer, and I know it will free up my time to work on other projects to truly take my business to a whole new level. ( I don't sell bots yet, just use them for my own business)

Really excited to see this is finally coming.

Justin

Hey Justin, thanks for your detailed survey answers! Very much appreciated! Yes you are right - it really will bring ubots to a new level!

Hey Tony,

Good luck mate.

Praney

Thanks Dude!

Same from me, survey completed, and thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Phil

Thanks!

@all also thanks to the others that completed the survey!

Here is just some short numbers:

- So far 14 people answered the survey! Thanks!

- 12 people want a webinar style A (i create video, you ask question, i create video again)

-> so this it will be!

Considering the value, recording and source files the answers have been very, very different to each answer. There is really no way to create an average. However i see the path most want to go.

I can also see (from the different answers given) that there are different experience levels I am going to have to deal with in some way to make it interesting for everyone while not making things to complicated or boring.

I will leave the survey open for a little longer so that people that missed to answer still get their chance.

Here is what i am going to do next:

1.) leave survey open for some more days

2a.) create a nice and fair package everyone will be happy with (hopefully)

2b.) plan content and presentation

3.) make package available for purchase (if not enough people purchase i will refund money and do one on one coaching/consulting)

4.) create video part 1

5.) open ticket-system for questions

6.) review questions

7.) create video part 2 answering most questions

8.) open lines for one on one coaching/consulting & small-talk :-)

I hope that structure is going to benefit everyone! :-)

Considering the timing - i will do my best trying to take on this mini project as soon as possible, unfortunately i can not yet promise any dates but since we stepped away from the live webinar this should not be a big issue.

Thanks again & till soon

Tony

P.S. JV Side-note:

Thanks for everyone that considers doing a JV with me in some way or another. As soon as i have something interesting for you i will get in contact with you. In the mean time - if you have anything i can do for you (promo, etc.) please feel free to contact me at any time! My ears are all open!

• 2 weeks later...