UBot Underground

Ubot Advanced Debugger?

Hi,

While troubleshooting i find myself needing to verify that certain variables (in a sequence), that 'Do not equal nothing'  inside the debugger, I'm basically running through the process and make sure each segment is setup.
it takes a long time to do it one by one with the Filter feature.
Wish there was a search function! :)

Is there a  shortcut to search within the uBot Debugger?
Thanks!

Edited by johnwalton

d really like to see some more advanced/enhanced debugging capabilities.. here's a few for example:

The ability to debug/step through a script from certain points. Like running a script and then switching to and from debug mode on the fly

Following steps... this is lost inside loops

Setting start points (an opposite to stop script)

Collapsible and/or highlighted code view

A clear all variables button (like the one in the debugger) but in commands

A sort function in the debugger window

The ability to collapse multi-line variables in the the debugger window

The ability to save the contents of the debug window to a text file

Edited by HelloInsomnia
2nd time he tried to sneak a link in - warned
  • Like 1

My programs run 100's of variables as well and the real trick is to use the function of local variables in ubot. This will elevated a lot of pain. A bit trickier to develop but build your programs functionality into modules and create tests to test them and you should be golden.

Frank

• Like 2

My programs run 100's of variables as well and the real trick is to use the function of local variables in ubot. This will elevated a lot of pain. A bit trickier to develop but build your programs functionality into modules and create tests to test them and you should be golden.

Frank

Ahh interesting Frank! thx

I'm like Frank with Variables.  I love them.  It makes debugging a whole lot easier.

While command stacking is a nice feature, you're up the proverbial creek when trying

to debug those.

Concerning variable, I would HIGHLY suggest that you develop a naming standard

with your variables.  E.g.  tbl-01-name, tbl-02-userid, etc.  tbl = Table.  I also use

lst = List, sql = SQL (obvious).  The number places them in the order that I use them.

When I create a variable, I will also create a cleanup version like setting it to $nothing.

I leave nothing to chance.

Buddy

Is there a plugin to search 'Code View' code within uBot?

I've been copying/pasting into Notepadd++

Heopas Plugin had something like this but now I don't see it maybe somebody can chime in and say what version it was in.

As for the rest of it if Ubot would add a bit more functionality to their plugin API like the ability to get all variables, lists and tables for example making a more advanced debugger would be doable for plugin makers but at this time were kind of limited to what we can see - and need to know the names of the variables, lists and tables to be able to interact with them.

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

Heopas Plugin had something like this but now I don't see it maybe somebody can chime in and say what version it was in.

As for the rest of it if Ubot would add a bit more functionality to their plugin API like the ability to get all variables, lists and tables for example making a more advanced debugger would be doable for plugin makers but at this time were kind of limited to what we can see - and need to know the names of the variables, lists and tables to be able to interact with them.

I think is enabled in latest version.

• Like 1

I guess there are ways around this and maybe it could be done but it's pretty janky and it would be better if Ubot gave us the info instead of trying to get it in some hacky way.