UBot Underground

Letting bot bot work with two (or more) windows

I need to do a translation bot for Google translator. There are about 2200 strings in a table that needs to be translated to another language and I was thinking to use Google translator (yes, I know it sucks sometimes, but it's better to correct than to write from scratch) do it it for me like:

loop (for all strings) {

* first window: read the english string in the first <TD> position

* second window: input the english string and press the Translate button then fetch the translated string

* first window: put the translated string to the localized <TD> location

}

Is it posible to have a bot working concurrently with two open windows (or tabs)? How do I address/set focus to the selected window?

I would venture to say that it is possible from a Master bot and open two windows. Then I would use the "set active window" node for going between the two.

hmmm, I think that you need to be careful Buddy. I've tried what you are proposing and the control isn't the same as using the built in browser window.

Hey Frank I'm not doing it. lol

Like I said, I think that particular node can do the job. However, the success is dependent on the logic doing the controlling.

I am working with a similar situation. I was wondering if you could update this thread with any new info on how you've progressed over the last 2 months or walls that you've come up against. Thanks!