UBot Underground

Send Email function

How do we use the send email function? Looks like a great idea but I don't see how it can work. For example, smtp services usually require you to specify a port number, some require a secure connection (e.g. gmail). Or am I missing something? (which is likely).

Barista

That function could surely be more advanced - functions like secure connections and attachments etc would be cool.

But if I'm not mistaken, you write server:port. (By standard it's port 25, might be that you can't change it here in UBot yet. I'll take a chat with Seth later tonight and see his thought about it)

That function could surely be more advanced - functions like secure connections and attachments etc would be cool.

But if I'm not mistaken, you write server:port. (By standard it's port 25, might be that you can't change it here in UBot yet. I'll take a chat with Seth later tonight and see his thought about it)

This has actually been brought up a couple of times before and requested to be changed so that you can specify a port.

Dave

I can't get this to work using smtp.g mail.com which is a big pity. I managed to set-up an emailer using winautomation in about 30 minutes and it's chugging away nicely.

i would love to see the email function expanded. Sending attachments, port changing and html format support would be a huge addition and allow people to run mailing lists to use this function efficiently. Maybe even being able to use it as it's own mail client? Pop/Smtp

• 7 months later...